Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
creuzet said:
It's pretty funny how competent the AI is in handling ranged weapons compared to how they handle polearms or how they barely use any tactics.
Haha true.. Archers are very intelligent and all the infantry are an army of Hodors...

Lumos said:
Then just get straight As whilst waiting for bannerlord. Jeez.
Well....Now I feel good because I got my first maths A in like....3 years?
I used to get straight D's and F's
Clearly not asian  :mrgreen:

I think there shouldn't be blocking against spears up and down.And the swords to the down side.

Mighty Potato King said:
mcwiggum said:
Mighty Potato King said:
I think there shouldn't be blocking against spears up and down.And the swords to the down side.
Why?
I think it is unrealistic.
I can see why when not using a shield, it would require a sweeping move to deflect the thrust in another direction, but for the sake of simplicity I doubt the devs will make a new mechanics for stabbing weapons only.

Somewhatpro said:
Mighty Potato King said:
mcwiggum said:
Mighty Potato King said:
Why?
I think it is unrealistic.
In what way? Arguments require evidence.
I mean when you think about it blocking that way is almost impossible or very hard.The attacker could aim a little higher and hit

mcwiggum said:
I can see why when not using a shield, it would require a sweeping move to deflect the thrust in another direction, but for the sake of simplicity I doubt the devs will make a new mechanics for stabbing weapons only.
But it would make the combat much more realistic and would've make spears much more usable and important.I hope they add it in

Mighty Potato King said:
I mean when you think about it blocking that way is almost impossible or very hard.The attacker could aim a little higher and hit

I agree that the way thrusts are blocked should be changed. However, the blocking animation is not meant to look like a block or parry you would do in real life to stop a thrust reaching you, it is meant to make it clear to you and other players what block is being performed- it is a 'down block' to respond to the attack that is performed with the down movement of the mouse, just as all the other block directions defend against their corresponding attack directions. So it serves a practical purpose, but doesn't look logical. While the other block movements are more conspicuous than moves that would be done in real life, they do bear a vague resemblance to real life and one can immediately see the logic of them in relation to the Warband attacks they are meant to defend against.

It would be hard to block a thrust without a shield in real life, harder than blocking a swing, many of which you could block with the sword positions they use in Warband. To deflect a thrust should really require a lateral sweeping motion, as mcwiggum said. While the real life move would probably be very subtle, quick, and covering a short distance, it could be made more obvious in Bannerlord (like all the blocks and attacks are). It would be better than simply keeping the existing system, because it looks strange and doesn't simulate the difference and difficulty of defending against a thrust compared to a swing.

Lumos said:
Visiting the E3 site (or looking at the images on the previous page) would show you that it's from the 14th to the 16th of June. If there's going to be any revealing during the expo, it's probably taking place in that interval.

Or it's going to be a re-hash of the PC Gamer weekend thing, with NEW info during gamescom.

I doubt we'll get new info from both E3 and gamescom to be honest. Just one or the other.

«Suboptimal» is a nice word. Now I got to know how to use it properly.

Next time being too late at my work, I'll say that «my route was suboptimal».

The only how I may imagine MB coop is completely asynchronous battles and global map. Other to my mind does not worth efforts.

In Bannerlord I would like to see noble titles, counties, territorial divisions and hierarchies within the vassals of the same kingdom. would be nice to earn the title of Count, lord of this or that macro-region while under the sovereign power.
Another great thing would be to encourage your own men before battle with speeches or introducing other elements of realism in the battle.
Deeper policy management, introducing religious or philosophical currents,build places of worship and culture, owning relics or items that confer greater respect by certain factions, or influence, or honour etc.
in short, promote realism and immersion in a sandbox environment that needs many more imput of this type than a story driven game.
In your opinion, could these things be introduced by mods ? Thank you for replies.

DanAngleland said:
Mighty Potato King said:

I agree that the way thrusts are blocked should be changed. However, the blocking animation is not meant to look like a block or parry you would do in real life to stop a thrust reaching you, it is meant to make it clear to you and other players what block is being performed- it is a 'down block' to respond to the attack that is performed with the down movement of the mouse, just as all the other block directions defend against their corresponding attack directions. So it serves a practical purpose, but doesn't look logical. While the other block movements are more conspicuous than moves that would be done in real life, they do bear a vague resemblance to real life and one can immediately see the logic of them in relation to the Warband attacks they are meant to defend against.

It would be hard to block a thrust without a shield in real life, harder than blocking a swing, many of which you could block with the sword positions they use in Warband. To deflect a thrust should really require a lateral sweeping motion, as mcwiggum said. While the real life move would probably be very subtle, quick, and covering a short distance, it could be made more obvious in Bannerlord (like all the blocks and attacks are). It would be better than simply keeping the existing system, because it looks strange and doesn't simulate the difference and difficulty of defending against a thrust compared to a swing.
I'm imagine that to be the case if you were charging a stationary man who was holding his spear out in front of him, but if you were stationary and he was charging you, wouldn't you also kinda sidestep out of the path of the spear as you deflect it? I mean, if a guy charges you with a spear, the spear's point is still coming at you even as you're deflecting it. So, wouldn't your move consist of both the deflecting sweep to one side with your sword, and stepping to the other side, out of the way of the spear, with your body? Then the spear would go past you to the side, and might, I imagine, open up a nice opportunity for a counterattack, as your opponent's weapon would be out of the way and he might be unbalanced after his momentum carried him to far and he didn't hit anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom