Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
one thing is certain about any chance of a 'closed beta': none of the people who incessantly post here are going to get into it, because none of them can keep their mouths shut. :party:

ToyBoat said:
one thing is certain about any chance of a 'closed beta': none of the people who incessantly post here are going to get into it, because none of them can keep their mouths shut. :party:

If they make a closed beta, I guess they will contact the oldest users and most experienced modders, some of which post around here with frequency.

I'd be a little disappointed with giving closed beta keys to people based on forum seniority. Modders makes a bit more sense, but just because you've been around the forums for a while does not mean you'd be an effective tester, and it also basically shuts everyone else out from getting the chance. I hope it's either application-based (if it even is a closed beta) or semi-random (Random from a pool of players perhaps with a certain number of hours, mods worked on/published, etc.).

Polycount said:
I'd be a little disappointed with giving closed beta keys to people based on forum seniority. Modders makes a bit more sense, but just because you've been around the forums for a while does not mean you'd be an effective tester, and it also basically shuts everyone else out from getting the chance. I hope it's either application-based (if it even is a closed beta) or semi-random (Random from a pool of players perhaps with a certain number of hours, mods worked on/published, etc.).

Basically the plan is to only let Grandmaster Knights beta test the game.  :iamamoron:

Jokes aside, Closed Beta for Warband was application based if I recall correctly, I think I got in during week 2 or 3. However, I'm not sure if they how they actually accepted people (if it was based on criteria like modding knowledge, PC components, geographical location, history on forums, etc.) or just random assignment. In all honesty, a mixed system probably seems best (and in all likelihood I would imagine they would invite known or reliable people to the Alpha/Early Beta).

Seniority on the forums does have a value though in the sense that if you've been here a while, it's a bit easier for Lust or whoever to know the chances of you actually contributing and there's a bit more of a loss to being banned (i.e. the guy who's been posting since Mount and Blade beta, probably won't be breaking NDA to get banned after 10 years of posting here). I mean I know it may seem strange to people from bigger forums, but most of the established MP players and long term forum members are pretty familiar with one another and you can get a good sense of whether a person will contribute.

Der Kopfsammler said:
Does this mean that Gabe Newel has been playing the game since 4 months ago while we are craving for some info!?...  :mad:

FinjEm2.jpg

Suddenly it all makes sense! No wonder Half Life 3 is taking so long, Gabe is logging thousand of hours in M&B and hasn't had any time to make his own games. Half Life 3 Cancellation confirmed!

LonelyStep said:
Der Kopfsammler said:
Does this mean that Gabe Newel has been playing the game since 4 months ago while we are craving for some info!?...  :mad:

FinjEm2.jpg

Suddenly it all makes sense! No wonder Half Life 3 is taking so long, Gabe is logging thousand of hours in M&B and hasn't had any time to make his own games. Half Life 3 Cancellation confirmed!

Has someone tried clicking "install" on the top right corner? I doubt it does something tho.

Betas or demos at this stage of a developing game requires paticipant to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement. The name of it is self explanatory for some extent. But it is basicly that you agree to not publish a screenshot or a video footage of that product. You are not allowed to talk about that product but the developers. Game Translators, Video game press and out source QA's and testers generally sign it for obvious reasons so it all to be legit. So, even if that guy HAD the demo, he had to be sign the NDA. And you sign the NDA and then leak the game or game related information or even the fact that you have the beta/demo build is a ggwp situation. You have a big court problem in that case.
I do not believe that there are betas and demos and TW giving those away to random people play NW or even random people of the forums. Feedback is a crucial need in a beta and you just cant risk it giving that chance away as you give the beta to a random guy. I do not think that the game is beta ready at this phase. We will need to wait for it a little bit more. It has to be open beta to every one to opt in though. I think that we will have the invited close beta phase in the end of this year, or some months before it.
About the Steam ID, TaleWorlds developers are playing and developing this game through the Steam. That is normal. You can even find the Half-Life 3 if you look deep enough on SteamDB. There is no guarantee that, the game you see there is legit. Every game developer who has access the Steamworks can name their game/build whatever they want (copyright stuff works there too i think). That ids are probably showing an outdated builds id as far as i can tell. Bannerlord will have SteamWorks support and it is known for like 2 years now.

I just wish I even hard a glimpse...a CHANCE...to play BL...Even 5-10 minutes. I know I won't get in the closed beta or anything related, I'll have to wait 9 months as if I'm waiting for a baby (fok)

Did people not hear Lust say players will have the game in some forms by the end of the year. Wouldn't it be better to use a confirmed time frame than speculating? It just leads to confusion.

Vraelomon said:
We should start betting on who will be in the beta. Toyboat weren't you in beta for warband?
Yes, under a different account. It was quite a while ago now, obviously, but I believe there was a private board set up for bug reports. I could be wrong though. It may have just been hidden since I don't remember a password, but take this all with a grain of salt...

Polycount said:

I didn't have much seniority when I was accepted into the Warband beta but they did ask for 'applications'. Mine pretty much amounted to "please?". There was no NDA regarding it but it was a lot smaller community back then and a smaller project as well. Who knows how they'll handle it this time.

Úlfheðinn said:
Basically the plan is to only let Grandmaster Knights beta test the game.  :iamamoron:

Jokes aside, Closed Beta for Warband was application based if I recall correctly, I think I got in during week 2 or 3. However, I'm not sure if they how they actually accepted people (if it was based on criteria like modding knowledge, PC components, geographical location, history on forums, etc.) or just random assignment. In all honesty, a mixed system probably seems best (and in all likelihood I would imagine they would invite known or reliable people to the Alpha/Early Beta).

Seniority on the forums does have a value though in the sense that if you've been here a while, it's a bit easier for Lust or whoever to know the chances of you actually contributing and there's a bit more of a loss to being banned (i.e. the guy who's been posting since Mount and Blade beta, probably won't be breaking NDA to get banned after 10 years of posting here). I mean I know it may seem strange to people from bigger forums, but most of the established MP players and long term forum members are pretty familiar with one another and you can get a good sense of whether a person will contribute.

Ahh so it's similar to what I expected! I assume Bannerlord will be in a similar vein. How did you report your bugs and ETC? In AoW3 we had access to a hidden forum section for the game where we posted lists of bugs, visual glitches, game mechanic problems, and overall balancing issues. I assume Warband also had a similar thing with a forum, since trying to email or do other forms of communication would be significantly less effective.

Forum wise it seems a much better idea because if several people start getting the bug it's more than likely related to the game client itself, but if someone posts a bug issue on a forum and several people can not replicate it... It more likely indicates that the bug is based upon hardware or other external/interal things in the PC.

ToyBoat said:
Vraelomon said:
We should start betting on who will be in the beta. Toyboat weren't you in beta for warband?
Yes, under a different account. It was quite a while ago now, obviously, but I believe there was a private board set up for it. I could be wrong though.

Answered my question already! Answer was posted while I typed.

They did towards the end switch to a different method of bug reports I believe, but it was kind of buggy and, at least on my end, a bit harder to keep track of already submitted bugs.

Yep, hidden sub-section on the forums existed back then if you were in the Beta and it was where you submitted bugs/problems.

There was also a suggestion/general discussion sub-section that worked in a similar way if I recall correctly (i.e. hidden to anyone not in the closed beta).

It wasn't a bad approach, but I'd probably expect this time around there might be a more developed/expedient way to report bugs.

As with all things though, no one but the devs know how things will proceed, so take everything with a grain of salt.

Does anybody know something about diplomacy?
I searched a lot about this topic but found no good answer.

In Warband there were only two options in interacting with a different faction: Peace and war.

I would really like to see more options in bannerlord. For example: Two factions federate in war or make a trade-agreement to push their economy.
So if my faction and an other faction are allies i could interact with the lords of the other factions or send caravans to their towns. that would be awesome.
In war i could ask my allies for help and they would help me in battle or send troops to my castles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom