Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildyracing

Sergeant
Bloodbeag said:
Friendly melee damage I believe is and will be in Bannerlord an option in the menu

THIS IS SIMPLY GREAT!

For the AI and player characters, I can give a suggestion - TW to add different heights for characters, if the engine supports this. Now you have so much available character modifications, but I didn't see a height meter and all NPC seem to be equal in height. It may have only a visual effect or it might be gameplay related, but height is an important aspect of character appearance.
 

RoboSenshi

Grandmaster Knight
WBNWVC
DanAngleland said:
Pilum said:
I would like to see missions where you could infiltrate an enemies castle and open the gates for your troops, or render defense systems, such as that boiling oil thingy (if they have that in BL), ineffective.
Or you could poison the enemies' well during a siege. So you would have to evade guards and stuff, since if they would detect you, the mission would be lost or you could try to escape.

I would like more imagination than we saw in Warband for sieges as a whole. While many people enthuse about doing real time damage with siege weapons in the battle map, which is admittedly fun, it could distort the balance between castles and siege weapons from a fun and immersion point of view I think. Huge stone walls being demolished in minutes makes a mockery of their defensive value. If in singleplayer we can break down a wall with a catapult in a few minutes in the siege scene, then all the defender can do is leave his men on the wall to be battered to death or wait for it to fall, and then suffer a quick death as the attackers flood in. That won't be so bad if building catapults requires a skilled engineer and takes plenty of time, but I would still like to see more from sieges- such as the defenders retreating through the streets or to the keep, or having different scenes before a traditional assault takes place.

For example, while siege weapons are being built or the besiegers are waiting for the defenders to starve, there could be randomly triggered or player initiated events such as the enemy trying to sally out and destroy your engines. You would get a message that this was happening, then enter a scene (probably at night) where your catapults and towers were being attacked with torches by the defenders, and you have to fight them off (perhaps dressed without your armour, having left your tent in a hurry, and with only a few nearby guards and companions to help).

The player could try and sneak into the castle; this might be through a companion who had sneaked in before the siege and now sends a message that he will lower a rope at midnight. You then choose a small force of shieldless men (so as to be nimble and quiet) to scale the wall with you and try to take control of the gatehouse; guards may spot you if you bring too many troops, or if you are defeated you will be captured and then could be used to get your army to leave, or you might decide to retreat if the gatehouse is too well defended- or you might succeed. In the case of success you would then leave the scene, and the next scene would have you respawn in the gatehouse while your main army rushes in below you- horns blow in the castle, waking up the defenders, who you have to fight off for a minute or so until your main army comes up to the battlements to help you. After that you stay in the scene and chase the defenders to the keep, fighting through the streets if it is in a town, and then using small portable rams or axes to break into the keep.
Great Ideas! I hope a dev reads this and takes notes.
 

578

Banned
WBVCNWWF&SM&B
ITS HAPPENING AGAIN


W68trU7.jpg


CXt8gUl.jpg
 
wildyracing said:
Bloodbeag said:
Friendly melee damage I believe is and will be in Bannerlord an option in the menu

THIS IS SIMPLY GREAT!

For the AI and player characters, I can give a suggestion - TW to add different heights for characters, if the engine supports this. Now you have so much available character modifications, but I didn't see a height meter and all NPC seem to be equal in height. It may have only a visual effect or it might be gameplay related, but height is an important aspect of character appearance.

Yes you have this in mods and its great.
 

578

Banned
WBVCNWWF&SM&B
Dean Beecham said:
wildyracing said:
Bloodbeag said:
Friendly melee damage I believe is and will be in Bannerlord an option in the menu

THIS IS SIMPLY GREAT!

For the AI and player characters, I can give a suggestion - TW to add different heights for characters, if the engine supports this. Now you have so much available character modifications, but I didn't see a height meter and all NPC seem to be equal in height. It may have only a visual effect or it might be gameplay related, but height is an important aspect of character appearance.

Yes you have this in mods and its great.


Bigger characters require bigger hitboxes, which I doubt TW will do because only of that reason. If your character is easier to hit then there is no point at all.
 

Lumos

Archduke
WBWF&SNWM&BVC
Cut the crap, I'm here to save the day as usual.

John7 said:
There is a secret release date coded into his message if you look closely!  :fruity:
There actually is. Holy ****, you saw it.

Here's how it goes:
Code:
well... hi ;)
Converted to ASCII, the message is represented by:
Code:
119 101 108 108 046 046 046 032 104 105 032 059 041
Their sum is equal to 947, which in binary is
Code:
000000000000001110110011
(24 bits). We can then negate the binary, which results in
Code:
111111111111110001001100
. Then we need to get the Unix time of Zaszx's message, which is:
Zaszx said:
well... hi :wink:
Code:
[quote="Zaszx"]
So the timestamp is 1457435148. In binary, this is
Code:
01010110110111101011001000001100
(32 bits). We now add those up together, and get:
Code:
01010111110111101010111001011000
, which corresponds to the timestamp 1474211416. We can then convert this from Unix time to a human-readable format, and the final result is:

18/09/2016 @ 15:10 (UTC)
Bannerlord release date confirmed, boys and girls! AWWWW  YEAH!
 

Veli-Matti

Master Knight
WBNW
Wait... Holy **** I think Lumos actually did it, he cracked the code!

Lumos you magnificent bastard you really are a help desk.
 

Somewhatpro

Lumos said:
Cut the crap, I'm here to save the day as usual.

John7 said:
There is a secret release date coded into his message if you look closely!  :fruity:
There actually is. Holy ****, you saw it.

Here's how it goes:
Code:
well... hi ;)
Converted to ASCII, the message is represented by:
Code:
119 101 108 108 046 046 046 032 104 105 032 059 041
Their sum is equal to 947, which in binary is
Code:
000000000000001110110011
(24 bits). We can then negate the binary, which results in
Code:
111111111111110001001100
. Then we need to get the Unix time of Zaszx's message, which is:
Zaszx said:
well... hi :wink:
Code:
[quote="Zaszx"]
So the timestamp is 1457435148. In binary, this is
Code:
01010110110111101011001000001100
(32 bits). We now add those up together, and get:
Code:
01010111110111101010111001011000
, which corresponds to the timestamp 1474211416. We can then convert this from Unix time to a human-readable format, and the final result is:

18/09/2016 @ 15:10 (UTC)
Bannerlord release date confirmed, boys and girls! AWWWW  YEAH!
 

578

Banned
WBVCNWWF&SM&B
''The developers have focused on three aspects of the game: the economic management, the political side and the RPG side. A mixture that looks tasty, especially since there will be many opportunities(possibilities?) , on the side of diplomacy and on the side of quests. If the title has not yet been technically developed, TaleWorlds has assured us that they would not release their game until they have the impression that it is complete. In addition to the graphics and gameplay, they want to refine the multiplayer mode, aiming for world maps that can support up to 400 players. Finally, the engine will be made ​​available to modders who can modify it to their heart's content; the developers have really enjoyed mods made for previous games [Mount & Blade : Warband] in the series.''


Older but I have missed it.

http://www.gamergen.com/tests/gc2015-preview-mount-blade-ii-bannerlord-gestion-et-rpg-vont-si-bien-ensemble-265159-1


Wtf do they mean by 'World maps'? We know arena and small scale pvp is in the game, but World maps? Are they pulling a PW off?
 

DanAngleland

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWBWF&SNW
578 said:
''The developers have focused on three aspects of the game: the economic management, the political side and the RPG side. A mixture that looks tasty, especially since there will be many opportunities(possibilities?) , on the side of diplomacy and on the side of quests. If the title has not yet been technically developed, TaleWorlds has assured us that they would not release their game until they have the impression that it is complete. In addition to the graphics and gameplay, they want to refine the multiplayer mode, aiming for world maps that can support up to 400 players. Finally, the engine will be made ​​available to modders who can modify it to their heart's content; the developers have really enjoyed mods made for previous games [Mount & Blade : Warband] in the series.''


Older but I have missed it.

http://www.gamergen.com/tests/gc2015-preview-mount-blade-ii-bannerlord-gestion-et-rpg-vont-si-bien-ensemble-265159-1


Wtf do they mean by 'World maps'? We know arena and small scale pvp is in the game, but World maps? Are they pulling a PW off?

I think it is just a confusion of translation, they surely just mean they want to have up to 400 players in multiplayer battles.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom