Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
JuJu70 said:
No battlefield tactics? No formations? Also no deployment phase (should be easy enough to add especially since they are in Caribbean).

I just hope the modding tools are friendly enough to add these and also to disable some features.

Actually, there are formations and the AI is a little more tactical then the Warband YOLO charger.
 
Marton96 said:
Personally I still think it will come out in Summer or Autumn. I mean they just showed a 40 minutes long gameplay, combat system, SP and everything seems to be almost done. For what would they need 8 more months?

That's the thing though, things can "seem" to be in a ready state without the game being anywhere close to being done.

Realistically, no one apart from the dev team has any idea when the game will be entering closed beta or even when it will be released.
 
creuzet said:
JuJu70 said:
No battlefield tactics? No formations? Also no deployment phase (should be easy enough to add especially since they are in Caribbean).

I just hope the modding tools are friendly enough to add these and also to disable some features.

Actually, there are formations and the AI is a little more tactical then the Warband YOLO charger.

Maybe I missed it, but all I saw is a big clusterf@ck
 
Úlfheðinn said:
Marton96 said:
Personally I still think it will come out in Summer or Autumn. I mean they just showed a 40 minutes long gameplay, combat system, SP and everything seems to be almost done. For what would they need 8 more months?

That's the thing though, things can "seem" to be in a ready state without the game being anywhere close to being done.

Realistically, no one apart from the dev team has any idea when the game will be entering closed beta or even when it will be released.

Probably they will have to fix a few things but I still don't think we would have to wait 8 more months for it.
 
Marton96 said:
Personally I still think it will come out in Summer or Autumn. I mean they just showed a 40 minutes long gameplay, combat system, SP and everything seems to be almost done. For what would they need 8 more months?
I certainly hope not. There are still a lot of things that should be changed and further improved.
 
NightHawkreal said:
Yeah, presentation was very "informative". All of this has already been in the diaries.

No it hasn't. Why say something that is blatantly wrong?

The things we have learned
*there is a 'currency' called influence that we use to get lords to do things for/with us
*a companion can be met in the tavern and he can be sent to bring your other companions to you in real time
*we saw horses in combat for the first time ever, we had never been told anything specific about cavalry
*we discovered that horses bump each other off course when they collide instead of one stopping and the other being unaffected, as in Warband
*cavalry charge through enemy infantry rather than hitting them then staying very close and moving slowly (the latter happened in Warband and was bad)
*bows are hung on the player's saddle when riding a horse, rather than being on the player's back
*we saw the world map for the first time
*to access weapon creation you visit the town blacksmith
*there are criminal gangs in town that you can run into
*you can have fights with them, replace them and become a gangster or protect the townsfolk from future criminals
*there is an in depth casualty report overlay in the battle map
*we saw first person view for the first time, it had never been mentioned before
*as a faction lord, you can leave your troops as a garrison in the town of a fellow lord
*parties seem to stop moving at night
*lords can be killed
*mousing over a town shows the basic type of units in the garrison (infantry, ranged, cavalry) rather than listing every unit type; that has changed since Gamescom
*there are base damage values for swing and thrust attacks, as well as separate damage values for the damage type (cut or pierce for instance)
*if a lord asks you to follow him, he will command your troops in battle, and vice versa
*first time we saw video of any town other than an imperial one

Can't remember if I missed anything, but obviously it was worth just having all that eye candy, never mind all these new details we learned.
 
why do people think that the fact that they have a demo means that they will have a beta in two months? they may very well have slapped some stuff together and stayed withing those bounds while a massive part of the game is still unfinished.
 
JuJu70 said:
creuzet said:
JuJu70 said:
No battlefield tactics? No formations? Also no deployment phase (should be easy enough to add especially since they are in Caribbean).

I just hope the modding tools are friendly enough to add these and also to disable some features.

Actually, there are formations and the AI is a little more tactical then the Warband YOLO charger.

Maybe I missed it, but all I saw is a big clusterf@ck


Clusterf*ck how? Do you expect armies to serve tea to one another and eat fish and chips? War is a clusterf*ck.  And the today's video was messy because he used his archers as bait. Yesterday's video was somewhat more tactical, with archers and infantry waiting on hills while cavalry charged first.
 
578 said:
Deutch1 said:
anyone think its feasible we could get a beta in the next 2/3 months

End of the year.

We aren't getting an open/pre-order Beta at all, are we? Only for select testers, the numbers of which will be so few I'm not sure it's even worth talking about. If we actually are getting an open/wider-selection Beta, this is news to me. Can anyone give a source for this, if it's true?

To my knowledge, there will be no Beta, and there will be no early playable demo for us. Where did anyone else get a different idea?
 
Polycount said:
578 said:
Deutch1 said:
anyone think its feasible we could get a beta in the next 2/3 months

End of the year.

We aren't getting an open/pre-order Beta at all, are we? Only for select testers, the numbers of which will be so few I'm not sure it's even worth talking about. If we actually are getting an open/wider-selection Beta, this is news to me. Can anyone give a source for this, if it's true?

To my knowledge, there will be no Beta, and there will be no early playable demo for us. Where did anyone else get a different idea?
they talk about releasing it "in some way". the only options are released and in a pre-release version. and I guess most people would prefer a classical beta over open early access.
 
DanAngleland said:
*a companion can be met in the tavern and he can be sent to bring your other companions to you in real time
Even more, companions apparently now just hang out in town scenes. Today one of his dudes was just chilling right outside of tavern, drinking with locals.
 
SenorZorros said:
why do people think that the fact that they have a demo means that they will have a beta in two months? they may very well have slapped some stuff together and stayed withing those bounds while a massive part of the game is still unfinished.

It's simple, most people have never worked in the game industry or a relevant field (i.e. programming, animation, etc.), ergo most people know every little about the process and therefore they tend to have unrealistic expectations.
 
Wall level confirmed

d3ka3n.png

So, can we upgrade walls ? (think so as long as there is a level 1 wall in ss) Will siege scene also change if we make it level 2 wall?
 
They said multiple times that they don't know if its the full release or not, but its coming this year, so i take that we will either have a beta by the end of the year or the full game by the end of the year, not a beta in 2 or 3 months.
 
Varrak said:
Wall level confirmed

d3ka3n.png

So, can we upgrade walls ? (think so as long as there is a level 1 wall in ss) Will siege scene also change if we make it level 2 wall?

Well spotted. There was concept art of upgrading towers/walls I think, so presumably they'll differ visually.

I wonder what the other numbers are, food, morale, wealth, population?
 
Polycount said:
We aren't getting an open/pre-order Beta at all, are we? Only for select testers, the numbers of which will be so few I'm not sure it's even worth talking about. If we actually are getting an open/wider-selection Beta, this is news to me. Can anyone give a source for this, if it's true?

To my knowledge, there will be no Beta, and there will be no early playable demo for us. Where did anyone else get a different idea?

There has been no mention of what sort of beta, but Lust said:

"our goal is to have the game in some form in players' hands by the end of the year; whether that's a full release or not sort of remains to be seen- it could be a beta, or some form of release, but we really want to have players playing it by the end of this year.".


So it seems very likely that we will be able to play the game, either as a beta or full game, by the end of the year.

Regarding the mysterious armour value discussion, it seems likely to me that gloves/gauntlets have a separate value to body armour, since I don't think we've seen an inventory screen with them being worn. If it was arms that were separate, most body armours would give protection to them and so the value would not be 0.

EDIT: there is one shot where gloves that cover the whole forearm are worn, yet the value is still 0. The only thing I can think of is that the item has not yet been given an armour value, or else the mystery continues!
 
kraggrim said:
Varrak said:
Wall level confirmed

d3ka3n.png

So, can we upgrade walls ? (think so as long as there is a level 1 wall in ss) Will siege scene also change if we make it level 2 wall?

Well spotted. There was concept art of upgrading towers/walls I think, so presumably they'll differ visually.

I wonder what the other numbers are, food, morale, wealth, population?

i feel lazy to take ss for everyone, but they are right to left ;

>Gold
>Garrison
>Wall
>Morale
>Population (i cannot see leftest one's write due to it was behind "work in progress" thing, but lust told "population" when mouse was on it)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom