Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daiball14 said:
The screenshot the guy linked shows a bow with that stat so your good :smile:

That's what prompted me, I'm hoping it's not just there for dev/testing purposes and will be removed like in Warband :smile:.

Goker said:
deuxhero said:
Also: No height option? I assume this is for balance (being a smaller target for archers is of minimal use compared to any increase in reach so you have no mechanical reason not to max it) but does the engine support different heights for modders?
I believe Arch3r had made goat riding gnome-like characters that were really small in one of his mods for Warband. So it probably is already possible though who knows if they made it more readily available in Bannerlord.

I was under the impression such things required entirely new skeletons for any change in height.

Johan_Stormcloak said:
I was wondering what they will do for beginning scenario thing when you first start a game, you know, where it says "You are exhausted when you arrive...bla bla bla...you hear the rasp of a blade sliding from it's scabbard"... and then you fight the bandit.  Well I was thinking that it would be cool if there was a different starting scene depending on what you chose for your backstory.  So say you picked son of a merchant, then the starting scene could be you and a bunch of caravan guards travelling on a road, when all of the sudden you hear shouting and then you are attacked by barbarians.  The screen goes black and then you start to wake up and see the merchant asking if you are ok.

I like that idea  :smile:

The Bowman said:
Here are some interesting things I found about items while watching at 0.25 speed.

X2Hv-.png
SgcQr.png
U5db4.png

Heh, some misplaced information there, unless mountain bows often look like suits of armour. Anyway, what is very interesting is that there is a missile speed rating for the bow as well as the 'speed' variable (which is presumably how long it takes to draw and loose)- is there a missile speed variable in Warband?

Goker said:
That might be how he did that, then.
Yes, but that's the problem. Even though you can get the smaller/bigger skeletons to work right now, ranged AI will overshoot the 'new' head aiming for 'standard' headshot. See Warsword thread, where this exact problem regarding skavens, goblins and dwarfs is discussed.

It's a bit funny on how they decided to call it "Viking Sword", as there are no Vikings in Calradia at all, as far I know. There are Sturgians to substitute them, so the only logical approach would be "Sturgian Sword".

What I find new is that items have a specific culture attached to them, and this time, it's shown in-game (I know this is possible in Warband, but it's rather limited to horses only). That means we're going to get specific items only in a couple of regions.

Wulfburk said:
Some cool pic i got from the video by going 0.2 speed.

SWL3sZd.jpg

After looking at this I got this distinct impression that castles could actually be chosen to be built on a settlement by the owner... I didn't see any lone castles without proper villages on the map, but i did see a village without a castle in it. Btw, Did you guys notice that, although all villages got a central hub that looked the same, there were all these "modular" spaces around them that were filled with different structures in every settlement? Cattle penns, castles and farms vary from each settlement, just as if you could choose to build some of these features. And they all seem to be modular, just as if the village had pre-stablished empty spaces around it for the settlement to expand (I assumed there would be 6). This could mean that ordering the construction of a feature such as a cattle penn would create a new icon on the game map, on a modular space around your village. Possibly, even a change on that settlement's scene could be made. I believe that castles could be one of these features that could be built, witch is JUST OWESOME.

Now to my biggest speculation: I may be way off here, but if you look closely, the stone structure in the city on this video is identical to the castles that appear in most of the villages, and it's position in relation to what could be the town's "central hub" is the same as on the small settlements... could it mean that villages are indeed capable of being upgrated to cities? It does look like all 6 modular spaces around the villages would fit on the average size of that fully built city...

Does anyone else see any of these as possible? :roll:

VictorF said:
Wulfburk said:

SWL3sZd.jpg

After looking at this I got this distinct impression that castles could actually be chosen to be built on a settlement by the owner... I didn't see any lone castles without proper villages on the map, but i did see a village without a castle in it. Btw, Did you guys notice that, although all villages got a central hub that looked the same, there were all these "modular" spaces around them that were filled with different structures in every settlement? Cattle penns, castles and farms vary from each settlement, just as if you could choose to build some of these features. And they all seem to be modular, just as if the village had pre-stablished empty spaces around it for the settlement to expand (I assumed there would be 6). This could mean that ordering the construction of a feature such as a cattle penn would create a new icon on the game map, on a modular space around your village. Possibly, even a change on that settlement's scene could be made. I believe that castles could be one of these features that could be built, witch is JUST OWESOME.

Now to my biggest speculation: I may be way off here, but if you look closely, the stone structure in the city on this video is identical to the castles that appear in most of the villages, and it's position in relation to what could be the town's "central hub" is the same as on the small settlements... could it mean that villages are indeed capable of being upgrated to cities? It does look like all 6 modular spaces around the villages would fit on the average size of that fully built city...

It's possible that they are castles instead of villages since I think the only other settlement on the map was a town.

Armagan said:
Many thanks to everyone for the wonderful feedback on Gamescom videos. I want to point out that the voice-overs in the videos are just placeholders (I am personally responsible for the bad accents, the good parts are by Sten from our team. And I must say, we had a lot of fun recording these...) We'll have professional voice actors record everything once the text is finalized.

This means that releasing this game takes minimum one year from now
So expect it Q3 2016

EZI0SREVALATION said:
VictorF said:
Wulfburk said:

SWL3sZd.jpg

It's possible that they are castles instead of villages since I think the only other settlement on the map was a town.

But there's no castle on the video without a village, even though there are villages withou castles.

Looking at Viking Conquest again, i remember the hair animations. So far, looking at the videos, it looks like the hair is static. Wonder if they plan on adding hair animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom