Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 8 - Engine Power [VIDEO]

Users who are viewing this thread

Archery should be nerfed, Many medieval armies use archers to stop horses, in warband horses defeat archers. Because it takes many arrows to kill a horse or the man. If the arrow hit in the right spot and penetrate the armor, then it is llikely to kill. Archers should be much more effective in bannerlord, and can shoot up for longer range. Hitting the leg should stop the guy from walking, and there should be no more skill such as the powerdraw. Bows need strength to pull, and the power of the shot comes from the bow, not exactly the person. Armor like mail will be effective to piercing, and plate armor or strong lamellar might stop a bow. If the damage dealed to the armor is less than the defense the armor gives, then it will deliever no damage, if the damage is enough higher than the armor, then it will deliever tremoundus damage and likely to result in a kill shot.

The mace should be really powerful, making it no glacing damage with the mace now. SInce it is armor prove, it will go threw the armor, chainmail will make a little effect, while plate armor make some, but not enough to stop the person from taking damage.The MAce should also be good to stop a man from using the shield, since blunt damage can cause damage to the hand.

Rocks should be stronger, either a kill or a knockout to the head, if not much protection. ROck ignores mail, and even plate helmet cannot save a man from receiving damage. Rocks should be able to picked by looking at the ground, and if there are rocks on the gronud, then you can pick them.

Archery doesn't need a buff or a nerf, it needs a rework. IMO, archers shouldn't be able to carry full-size shields and bows/crossbows at the same time. Rate of fire for bows is generally too high and should be decreased. Accuracy shouldn't be decreased, but velocity & drop could be tweaked a bit. There's really no reason why archers should arbitrarily move significantly slower than infantry (in MP), but they certainly shouldn't be faster or kiting would be too easy.

Hopefully Bannerlord adds some kind of armor simulation, which was the only good thing from War of the Roses. Different types of armor work better against different types of weapons, which is why they were typically combined or layered in some way. Inventory slots for different layers of armor would be great, but even a simpler approach such as setting three different protection values for each piece of armor to match the three different damage types would be excellent and would provide a useful tool for balancing.

You know what i would like, Each formation has a specific idle animation kinda of deal

like if there is a phalanx formation then they should have their own specific animation for that formation 

In general the AI should have a specific way of acting in diferenting formations. Say the Calradia empire is roman based they might have a Roman Shield wall type of thing going on. Then when the formation order is given AI should have a specific whey of tought while in the formation, the guys on the back throws the spears and the guys on the front stabs people to death

I dont know if this is viable source of information on this kinda of deal but yeah

Orion said:
Archery doesn't need a buff or a nerf, it needs a rework. IMO, archers shouldn't be able to carry full-size shields and bows/crossbows at the same time. Rate of fire for bows is generally too high and should be decreased. Accuracy shouldn't be decreased, but velocity & drop could be tweaked a bit. There's really no reason why archers should arbitrarily move significantly slower than infantry (in MP), but they certainly shouldn't be faster or kiting would be too easy.

Hopefully Bannerlord adds some kind of armor simulation, which was the only good thing from War of the Roses. Different types of armor work better against different types of weapons, which is why they were typically combined or layered in some way. Inventory slots for different layers of armor would be great, but even a simpler approach such as setting three different protection values for each piece of armor to match the three different damage types would be excellent and would provide a useful tool for balancing.

I'd realy like to profit from the advantages of my armor. As far as I remember, some of the Crusades wore mail over gambeson in order to be protected against melee and ranged weapons at the same time.

In Warband, the accuracy of ranged weapons is set at the maximum value, but now, the difficulty rating makes you lose the aim quicker than in the first developement stages of the MP (if that's how the mechanics work like; what I know for sure is that there was a change which adressed the pin-point accuracy of the ranged troops). Also, I'd like to see different arrows dealing a different type of damage, which shouldn't be that hard to implement.

The Bowman said:
I'd realy like to profit from the advantages of my armor. As far as I remember, some of the Crusades wore mail over gambeson in order to be protected against melee and ranged weapons at the same time.

That only works for melee.

There are also stories about crusading knights doubling their mail, which practically arrow-proofed it, according to said stories.

On damage/armour types, I want rope cutting arrows that can kill enemy bowstrings. :razz:

I don't think we'll be getting multi-part/layer items, as we've already seen what's probably close to the final inventory screen and unfortunately, that kind of system doesn't feature.

Alfredthegreat said:
... there should be no more skill such as the powerdraw. Bows need strength to pull, and the power of the shot comes from the bow, not exactly the person. ...

A bow has a maximum draw weight, but not a minimum.

The Bowman said:
There surely isn't a multi-layering system for armour (wait, the cloaks), but there can be items such as "Mail with gambeson", for example.
Why not? They had a lot of time since that "presentation" to rework the inventory. Maybe they will give us more than 5 slots after all...

Also, I'd like to see different arrows dealing a different type of damage, which shouldn't be that hard to implement.
They already did that in "With Fire and Sword": weaker arrows do cutting, while better arrows do piercing damage. Hopefully they will keep that in Bannerlord.

maplarge.jpg

Back
Top Bottom