Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 7 - Imperial Declines

Users who are viewing this thread

There also appears to be another armor slot available for the player, as in the above screen shot I see 5 slots for player armor, whilst in Warband there existed only 4. You can also see Padded leather shoulders as well as Mail shoulders in the shop menu. I like the sound of that, unless I'm understanding incorrectly.
I wonder what those barrel-looking slots on the bottom right are though.

(I was late to the discussion, forgive me  :cry: )

DanAngleland said:
It does appear that armour can be added to a horse. This feature is suggested by the following image from blog 3:
twdd_03_inventory.jpg

Note that both the horse and horse armour fill slots in the same way that character items and armour do. I think we can safely say that this feature is in Bannerlord.

How on earth did I miss it! I had thought it as a secondary horse that I can ride it after I lost the first though. I can live without a secondary horse :eek:

Vraelomon said:
There also appears to be another armor slot available for the player, as in the above screen shot I see 5 slots for player armor, whilst in Warband there existed only 4. You can also see Padded leather shoulders as well as Mail shoulders in the shop menu. I like the sound of that, unless I'm understanding incorrectly.
I wonder what those barrel-looking slots on the bottom right are though.

(I was late to the discussion, forgive me  :cry: )
Probably now you can now use a helmet and a cape at the same time. You see in the right column an item called Tuareg? Probably you can use it over a helmet.
twdd_03_inventory.jpg
This will is so fantastic!!!

One thing that I would love to see is an island-type faction that is about 20-30 miles from the main continent ( as in the distance from Praven to Veluca ((sorry if I misspelled or mispronounced)). It could be a formerly conquered nation that just achieved independence from the empire. It would have a weird mixture of the empire, the desert nations ( presumably trade or even cultural diversity on the island) and their own cultural troops. This would be a really neat add-on, as they wouldn't function like the continental factions, being much more focused on trade and naval forces than land armies and farming villages.

Also CHARIOTS!
Ps. Props to anyone who can figure out the country I took inspiration from ( I know it's easy but still!)

Personally, I'm more interested in dessert nations, rather tha such that are situated in the desert, but that's just me.

Im not sure where to put these suggestions but I'll just put them here because theres no where else to put them.
I feel these improvements would make the game more dynamic and realistic if they are implemented in the game.

1st. Feudal Hierarchy- In Warband there was just the King and his lords. Bannerlord would benefit if they put a hierarchy of lordship, like they did in the real Medieval period. For an example: There is the King and directly under him are his dukes (or whatever) who owe him fealty, under the dukes are counts who owe the Duke fealty and therefore owe fealty indirectly to the King.

2nd. Feudal Taxation- Instead of just taxing your fiefs, I believe the game would be better if a King could set a tax rate for his vassals (higher taxes gives the king more money but make his vassals dislike him more and make the vassals weaker). And if the Hierarchy feature is put in the game then high lords could set them for their vassals and so forth. I feel this would make the game more realistic and beneficial, because as a King in Warband I had all these vassals who just did not do anything to contribute.

3rd. Stability modifier- The game would be more immersive if each nation had a stability modifier. The stability of a Kingdom would influence the following: Tax efficiency, Trade income, Bandit spawning (less stability= more bandits) and so forth). Stability could be measured by: War, looted villages (more looted villages= less stability) relations between King and lords and King and subjects, and bandit hideouts (more hideouts cleared= more stability and less bandits).

Thank You, I have high hopes for this game!!

Whether they did tax their vassals depended largely on the state. The Byzantine Empire and the Habsburgs of The Holy Roman Empire had their vassals pay tribute yearly, while other Kingdoms with less authority did not. I think Bannerlord should taxation laws where you could set tax rates if your stability is high enough (if they put stability into the game).
Thank you

Will be able to recruit your factions troops from coqored towns or villages instead of traveling allbthe way back to get more of your favorite troops

Back
Top Bottom