Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 7 - Imperial Declines

Users who are viewing this thread

Conkave said:
Though I am disappointed that Calradia's story will be going backwards, this time in it's history is extremely interesting. Can't wait!
I think it's the best way to go, since going forward would mean *Crodio contains urge to puke* firearms.
*Crodio pukes*

Hello, first of all im new in the forum and this is my first post. I would like to share my thoughts about what the developers are doing (and have done) and about the game mechanics itself.

The first thing that i have to say is that all the quests that were in mount and blade warband were boring so most people didnt even care about them. Its important to add better side-quests or the game itself will be something like "war, war and more war".

I just think that the developers should focus at "politics, factions, management, quests and war". Nothing more, nothing less. Why do i say that?, its easy to see why, in warband you didnt even care about the relationship between you and other lords, at least not until u became a king out of boredom. I couldnt enjoy having a good relationship between me and citys/villages/lords becouse the quest were too boring.

The game itself was good, you could enjoy it but it needed what i say. I wont say something like "the war should be something like... or the factions should be..." thats the job of the developers and i appreciate that.

About what i have seen, one of my most important worries its about the battle-load, i mean the time needed so that u can start the fight, it was impresive in warband how fast it was, but now i dont know if it will be the same, improved IA and graphics tell me otherwise.

Sorry if it was too long or if it sounded like it was dictatorial or something like that XD. All of that are recommendations and my point of view, and sorry if my english isnt perfect, im spanish and not too proficience with the language.

lordsas said:
Hi there,
Mount and Blade: Game with this version will always look forward to.
But The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim your game very well and there are some features in this
theft
assassination
Do these features added to the game, I wonder!

arkadaşlar çeviriyi googledan yaptım yanlış çevirmiş olabilir biri ingilizce çeviri yapıp göndere bilir mi alttakini üstekiyle farklıysa

Merhaba,
Mount Blade Oyunun Bu Versionunu hep beraber bekliyoruz.
Fakat The Elder Scrolls : Skyrim Oyunuda çok iyi ve bunda bazı özellikler var
hırsızlık
suikast
bu tür özelliklerde oyuna eklenir mi, acaba!

I love the turks in this thread

ApollosArsenal said:
My only request is to be able to look like the guy in Safety Dance by Men Without Hats. :wink:

Jokes aside, I do agree with you; it is most reasonable to have separate vendors for the Armorers and the Tailors. Although this would make it necessary that there is a reason for the player to even want to wear conventional clothing. Given the Empire is supposed to be this Rome, I don't think it's gonna be difficulty to implement it.

i want to know definitely bannerlord-warband connection history
I've refered the description of the wiki about bannelord faction info and developer blog. afterward,
I only convey a well-organized information into korean ourselves
but, the fact about bannerlord faction that warband  typically succeeded is wrong have being posed by users.
is the fact that can definitely  confirm in bannerlord wiki?
About the gritty issues that can not be determined, Vlandian is not Khergit but rather swadia.
Who raised the issue of inherited faction in warband said,
all is wrong because of non-official informer doing private opnion in wiki, insisting that dont trust blindly wiki.
so, what I want to question is that whether fact about inherited-faction between bannerlord and warband can confirm.
and i want to know definitely that historical background in game is connection between Eastern Europe, Western Europe and Bannerlord faction.
Certainly describes me, although already faction information have been introduced to many people, some of ******** expert is insisting his only claim.
Oh I almost forgot, one more question.. Is no inherited country from empire to swaida?
Western Europe and the Empire ... swadia.. among these, no connection?
When viewed as a public photo, what i know is that the background in game is Eastern Europe (Byzantine style..etc).
but I think, Eastern and Western Europe may well both be reflected in game..Right?

I'm guessing the three empire factions are like the Julia, cornelia and the junia.
So i'll be going for the Julia family, myself! (cockney accent)
God damn i can't wait to be in a spear-wall with my comrades, awaiting the enemies' charge

Hai.  :grin: I just had an idea that was in my head for a lot of months  :razz: , have you ever tought or will you ever try to implement multiple players in the "campaign" mode? Let's say I'm on the main map running arround with my army, and there is another player runnong arround with his army, and we can engage into a battle, would that be possible ? Or a Co-op mode where 2 (or more) real players make their ways in calradia and raise armies, they can join a kingdom, play together and all that ? One player hosts the campaign game with the settings and everyone starts at the same time but at different places on the map?

Thank you.

Ps. Sorry for the bad english if you don't understand what I'm trying to say.  :mrgreen:

Yusuf said:
Hai.  :grin: I just had an idea that was in my head for a lot of months  :razz: , have you ever tought or will you ever try to implement multiple players in the "campaign" mode? Let's say I'm on the main map running arround with my army, and there is another player runnong arround with his army, and we can engage into a battle, would that be possible ? Or a Co-op mode where 2 (or more) real players make their ways in calradia and raise armies, they can join a kingdom, play together and all that ? One player hosts the campaign game with the settings and everyone starts at the same time but at different places on the map?

Thank you.

Ps. Sorry for the bad english if you don't understand what I'm trying to say.  :mrgreen:

the option of multiplayer gaming on the campaign map? that's a dream for many of us. even with 2 players we would be happy but it would be sublime if it was around 6 players. i believe that number allows for the most strategic and deep variations and scenarios of alliances while maintaining a realistic player limit.

The co-op mode should be interesting. But i have quite some doubts about its functionality if they do it.
So lets take for example another game is very dificult to imagine mulitplayer. Crusader Kings II (or any other PDS title). Its really difficult to play it multiplayer, since its constantly flowing time. A lot of mechanics can be abused because of constant flow of time. You cant calmly play it to investigate some parts of the intriguing part of it, because of constant flow of time, becaues cats can start raining at anytime in it.
These will be problems in here as well. What if you want to investigate the map? What if you are complaring weapons in the shop, but you run out of money while doing it for5 minutes (early game of course). What if someone joins a battle where someone is already fighting in? What if the ai battles happen in the real-time too (in case they had hard time figuring out how to do "hidden" in co op)? Will it be CPU intensice? These are questions and dillemas they have to live with and WE have to live with. On one side it looks easy - just combine singleplayer with multiplayer and youll have coop mode. On other side there are these "constant time flow" dillemas they have to live with. So, either its not gonna be released, its gonna be unrecommended gamemode or will be market breaking feature of the decade. It will be decided by this turkish couple and they laboureers.

B.S

6 month wait for a blog
which shows a couple of `in progress screenshots`
and a boring fantasy/ reality history lesson?

nothing about features/ gameplay/ goals  nothing

shame on you taleworlds

p.s its leaked out that you have been on work on this a year or 2 before the ****ty trailer you released in 2012
so in essence youve been working on this around 4 years and from the looks of it should be ashamed of yourselves

if your going to make a blog, make it informative and about the game play/ features etc, stop wasting our time with the sugar coating of a load of waffle

original m&b took aprox 6 years to make. Warband came 4 years later, following the original's success. Warband was easier to make, since its just improvement of original, but bannerlord is made from scratch. So it would be ok to wait for 5 years for this game, being releaed around 2015 or 2016. Mount and Blade it self is quite innovative game and it takes a lot of work to realise. Do you even remember how the origianl was. The gameplay was AMAZING, the combat extermly enjoyable and stuff and it took 6 years to make it. AND it was just that, graphics and some rpg elements were left out, until warband came out and introduced "better" graphics, more rpg elements, and most importantly, multiplayer. The franchise is legendary (excpet for failure that WFaS was) just because of the idea - mediveal combat, with close-to-real phisics, rpg, open world sandbox, BOWS, CAVALRY, SIEGES. It was every RTS nerd dream, to experience stronghold crusader, as the soldier. And its just bullnumber2 talk, that its "just a redesign of warband". NO, they are making this completely new, fresh, without leaving ANY aspect out, as they did before (graphics). And since now its more than 2 people working on it, you can expect it done at the same time original did. 6 years maximum. What you say - "made already 4years" thats ok, as long as the expectainon, that it will be before 2017 doesnt go *poof*, we are hyped, and im sure that they have done a lot of work by te 6 months, but it wasnt anything eye appeling, it was more just code and more code, so its ok that some blog might not contain any updates, since all they could have just said instead - oh yeah, we just ironed out some issues, added shader colours for modders, made functional doors and more faces. But instead they made up lore, thats more interestenting than puke filled faces. Just swallow the lack of progress adressed and live on.

warbandmeetsgta said:
B.S

6 month wait for a blog Just under 4, but if you feel the need for hyperbole to make your 'point' then why not...
which shows a couple of `in progress screenshots`Yes, the game isn't finished yet. Just so you aren't further disgusted by future blogs, I better warn you: all the screens will be work in progress.
and a boring fantasy/ reality history lesson?

nothing about features/ gameplay/ goals  nothing They didn't tell us much, all the blogs have been a little light on detail and that is obviously deliberate, but they did tell us more about the factions, the real era the game reflects, why they chose this era and the associated experiences they hope to reflect in the game (the break up of an empire). They also told us about factions being more complex, as they are divided into clans. It's not ''nothing''

shame on you taleworlds Shame on them? Because you are impatient for info?

p.s its leaked out that you have been on work on this a year or 2 before the ****ty trailer you released in 2012
so in essence youve been working on this around 4 years and from the looks of it should be ashamed of yourselves It didn't ''leak out'' at all, it was widely known way back that they were working on another game, and it was acknowledged happily, they just didn't make an official announcement until far later. Feeble attempt by you to make out that they were trying to hoodwink anyone.

if your going to make a blog, make it informative and about the game play/ features etc, stop wasting our time with the sugar coating of a load of waffle Stop trolling Bannerlord threads with bitter rants which translate as ''I'm impatient for your game and I handle it badly''.

Back
Top Bottom