Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 7 - Imperial Declines

Users who are viewing this thread

I really don't mind if the factions have authentic names or not, I think stuff like that is easily moddable. I just hope I can feel like I'm really living in that world, being a Lord of a castle or town and a king ruling his empire. Would be cool if we could build our own castles, but I dont think thats gonna happen :/

Twezie said:
I really don't mind if the factions have authentic names or not, I think stuff like that is easily moddable. I just hope I can feel like I'm really living in that world, being a Lord of a castle or town and a king ruling his empire. Would be cool if we could build our own castles, but I dont think thats gonna happen :/

mods.... perhaps

Nuxeman said:
Twezie said:

mods.... perhaps

Well maybe but not on a grand scale

Danik said:
So theres 2 European factions - the Vlandians and the Sturgians, one eastern faction called Aserai and one nomad faction called Khuzait... Or is "the empire" a faction as well?

It has been stated before that 'Empire' will be actually split into 3 different factions (warring each others struggling for power), added to the others, and most likely sharing the same culture/troop tree.

Now I'm more concerned about the possibility of seeing fat NPCs or making a fat character  :sad: And, to be more specific, a particular setting for the belly size, so I can make an old man with a fat belly. I really need that stuff, seriously. Make it happen please  :cry:

Manu_La_Canette said:
Danik said:
So theres 2 European factions - the Vlandians and the Sturgians, one eastern faction called Aserai and one nomad faction called Khuzait... Or is "the empire" a faction as well?

It has been stated before that 'Empire' will be actually split into 3 different factions (warring each others struggling for power), added to the others, and most likely sharing the same culture/troop tree.

Now I'm more concerned about the possibility of seeing fat NPCs or making a fat character  :sad: And, to be more specific, a particular setting for the belly size, so I can make an old man with a fat belly. I really need that stuff, seriously. Make it happen please  :cry:

My understanding from the blog is there will be single Empire but no central rule, 3 noble houses will struggle for dominion over others.

I liked the feature of dividing factions into diferent clans and houses inside.

Manu_La_Canette said:

It shouldn't be totally off the table. Neverwinter Nights 2 had a very simple feature where you could adjust the XYZ axis of the character models to make them taller, shorter, broader, or thinner. It wasn't part of the standard game, but was a moddable feature.

They already allow multiple customization dimensions in the face with M&B. If they were to allow a similar customization with the shoulder and waist width, even by as little as 10% in each direction, it could create a broad variety of physiques without too drastic a texture warp (hopefully). Same with creating taller or shorter figures.

Manu_La_Canette said:
Danik said:

Where did you read that? Oh yes, I would also want to see tiny poor peasants, fat merchants and tall warriors - it would enrich the atmosphere.

Danik said:
Manu_La_Canette said:
Danik said:

Where did you read that? Oh yes, I would also want to see tiny poor peasants, fat merchants and tall warriors - it would enrich the atmosphere.

Blog #1 First Glimpse: 'The once-mighty Calradic Empire is in a state of decline. Warlike tribes have seized swaths of its territory. Client kingdoms have declared their independence. The Emperor has died without leaving an heir, leaving three jealous factions to scramble for power. Mercenary companies, bandit lords and nomads hover on the sidelines like vultures waiting for a meal.'

Intern small factions are a new fact we learned about in the last post, but about the Empire, in a civil war, I hardly see how a single faction would render this situation. I'd rather think about 3 distinct factions with their own diplomacy because how would you distinguish ennemies from allies between lords of one same faction? My guess is that the Empire will be divided into 3 separate factions, each with their own intern small clans/factions according intrigues and plans.

About character sizes, I'm not really talking about more or less muscles but rather being able to pick a specific physical constitution, like a medium mesomorph character, a very skinny guy or a fat one: and when you pump up a dude like this by sliding the weight bar, then he would grow fatter, not more muscular, you know. And I don't want this coming from a mod because I want to be able to play as a fat character in multiplayer  :razz:

I want to be like Lynn Thompson from Cold Steel swinging big swords and longaxes all around  :cool:

Can't wait on this, after playing Warband( 3 years i think) this is just..amazing  :smile:
Any info about graphic engine? I hope it will be good m/core support.

With every new developer log this game seems more and more awesome.
Here is hoping for a good mod support and Great Long Axe.

nijis said:
<p>Hi, all! For our seventh installment of the Bannerlord developer blogpost, we'd like to talk a little about our plans for factions, and how this fits into our evolving thinking about Mount&Blade as a sandbox game.</p></br> Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/8

Hello taleworlds. I would like to thank you for all the awesome games you provideus with. Keep up the good work guys. I can hardly wait for the awesome game you design for us. It looks really amazing and unique. If you don't mind I have some questions based partially on the previous games. So, here I go:

1) In battle, will you be able to have greater flexibility and more options in the management and distribution of your forces than in warband?

2) When you capture a village, city etc will you gain some actual dynamic managerial privilleges over it except for collecting taxes and building structures you will never see?

3) When a city advances in prosperity, will this progress be reflected in its buildings, markets, commercial activity, jobs availability, clothes and mood of the residents?

4) Will there be a variety of political regimes and legislatures depending on the faction you are? Will you be able to customise your own preferable system? Is there a chance you add religions, or they will make things too complex?

5) Will there be unpredictable quests and random missions, and if so will it be the standard "you were attacked by 60 bandits" or there will be more creative and interesting adventures and variations?

6) Will the AI be able to support you more effectively in combat and sieges. Will each troop be able to give an organic, productive feel in its position? Will attacking become more complex than cattle gathering up the wooden ladder?

7) Will the marriage mechanic be present in bannerlord? If so will you be able to bear offsprings?

:cool: Will the honor, morality, and reputation systems be present in the game? Will they be improved? changed? increased in complexity?

9) I read somewhere you plan to give somewhat of a unique character to some npcs. Is that true? If so to what extend is possible that the peculiarity of a character (a powerful lord for example) will be able to affect your progress pacing? Will that character individuality affect only the things they say or they extend to practical applications as "strategiccapabilities"? Could we see a lord being a great strategist that stands out from the average npc and whose tactics and armies are a force to be reckoned with?

10) How much customization will be available for your troops and gear? Will there be any kind of crafting systems? banner crafting?! how about jewlery and stylish additions like tiaras, rings, bracelets, pendants, earrings etc to add to the player's uniqueness?

11) Will the classic, wrold renown mount and blade combat system change? Will you do some tweaks and additions or revamb it completely?

12) Will there be sidequests and minigames to add to the fun? special npcs with whom you will be able to engage in special activities like bet fights, darts throwing, gambling, bras de fer etc?

13) As a lord or a king will you be able to hold feasts and organise festivals in cities and villages? If you return as a victor from a hardwon campaign will there be the analogous welcoming celebration?

14) Will the character's advancement in power and abilities be felt as the game progresses or it willl remain almost the same? Any plans to add combo attacks? (hords of hardcore fans coming after me :grin:)

15) Are there going to be some "parkour" mechanics and effects? not anything much, we don't want to make it assassin's creed, but basic jumping off a ledge or over a handrail or fence with smooth realistic animations would be pretty cool. and some basic climbing maybe?

16) Will there be features like swimming, fishing and hunting?

17) Will the game encourage the use of the player's creativity in any other areas except for the strategic choices in diplomacy and warfare?

Ah, I finally finished! Thanks for everything guys and i hope you will manage to answer to my message one day :smile:

Yngvald said:
Primus Palus said:
One word... one question... all that matters...

Would be surprised if there wasn't a playable alpha or beta within half a year or so.
I doubt that, there hasn't even been any gameplay yet, but if there will be an alpha in 6 months then that will be freaking awesome!

Nice bit of background fluff, I'm definitely looking forward to attempting to pull the Empire back from the brink, and the intra-faction rivalry sounds just right for this sort of scenario.

Can't wait for the next update (with gameplay footage, of course).

Hi there,
Mount and Blade: Game with this version will always look forward to.
But The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim your game very well and there are some features in this
theft
assassination
Do these features added to the game, I wonder!

arkadaşlar çeviriyi googledan yaptım yanlış çevirmiş olabilir biri ingilizce çeviri yapıp göndere bilir mi alttakini üstekiyle farklıysa

Merhaba,
Mount Blade Oyunun Bu Versionunu hep beraber bekliyoruz.
Fakat The Elder Scrolls : Skyrim Oyunuda çok iyi ve bunda bazı özellikler var
hırsızlık
suikast
bu tür özelliklerde oyuna eklenir mi, acaba!

Though I am disappointed that Calradia's story will be going backwards, this time in it's history is extremely interesting. Can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom