Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 7 - Imperial Declines

Users who are viewing this thread

Moppy771 said:
Holy mother of snip

You might consider quoting them cause I have no idea what you are talking about or what individual post you are refering to.

Please add on Bannerlord these things:

SLINGS (hellenistic era ones)
WAR ELEPHANTS (for a specific faction maybe)
BETTER SIEGE MECHANICS (Like in total war you can choose to not assault, and try to starve the enemy, while they can choose to sally forth)
Real actual ladders (and not ramps)
2 player coop campaign (can choose to be on the same party, OR a party for each)
Real actual AI and unit formations (ai that just doesnt rushes at you)
Killable lords/kings/etc

Wulfburk said:
Please add on Bannerlord these things:

SLINGS (hellenistic era ones)
WAR ELEPHANTS (for a specific faction maybe)
BETTER SIEGE MECHANICS (Like in total war you can choose to not assault, and try to starve the enemy, while they can choose to sally forth)
Real actual ladders (and not ramps)

2 player coop campaign (can choose to be on the same party, OR a party for each)
Real actual AI and unit formations (ai that just doesnt rushes at you)
Killable lords/kings/etc

Strictly speaking you can already choose to try and starve out the enemy in Warband, but I have never done it- if I remember rightly it takes about 30 days; not a long time historically, but a long time in game to be sitting around whilst new enemy armies could be raised or existing ones burning every village in your kingdom. I agree that it would make sense for the enemy to sally forth sometimes, for instance if your army was not that big or they were low on food. I just thought of a fun possibility for this to add variety to the battles- a besieged force might sally out to attack your siegeworks, probably at night, and there could be a good skirmish in a siege camp setting.

Regarding the ladders, we have seen a screenshot in a much earlier blog that showed troops climbing ladders using their hands as well as their feet, so that is good news. As for ramps, there were actually such siege engines used sometimes.

DanAngleland said:
I agree that it would make sense for the enemy to sally forth sometimes, for instance if your army was not that big
Well, at least that thing is already in game.

To be honest, I hope for wars to be more organised, with marshal armies clashing and generally massive battles over stated targets instead of volatile skirmishes and single lords running anywhere they want without clear reason. Realm organising into multiple armies would be a nice thing too and I hope mentioned clans within kingdom will work somehow like that. I mean some reasoning behind vassals, so that, pardon my Warband example, jarls from Tihr and around would eagerly join war against Swadians, but those from Wercheg would be more reluctant in case of random Vaegirs and vice versa.

Honestly, the mount and blade and crusader kings could benefit from eachother:
Crusader kings - more defining battle per troops, more realistic army leaders, amry leader combat ability.
Mount and blade - retinue system, diplomacy and intrigue.

Writer2353 said:
Singil said:
NightHawkreal said:
September 27th. Important date. How about a video?  :wink:

Good idea,
Luuuuust!
Really!?
Yea! LUUUUST!

Taleworlds office....  Dev 1: ''Is the new blog out yet? The forum is wetting itself in anticipation.''
                                Dev 2: ''Not yet, Lust is supposed to be doing it. Shouldn't be long now, that'll keep the vultures happy, haha.''

Meanwhile, across the office, Lust stares at a BIOS screen for the fifth time in an hour and swears quietly under his breath. He sighs, tweaks a few settings and reboots. Minutes later, a blue screen confronts him once more. A colleague calls across cheerfully, unaware of Lust's difficulties. Lust's attempt at smiling back is a tortured grimace, and sweat beads on his forehead.....

Haha. Trailer got us. no other choice. I cant wait no more.
gLZpDO.gif
[

Back
Top Bottom