Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 6 - Astounding Squirms

Users who are viewing this thread

<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;" lang="en-GB">Players of Mount&Blade, idle passers and intrigued discoverers, Happy Friday to all. This little blog is about our progress making the game Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord. It doesn't cover everything we do but it tells you a little bit here and there which some may find of interest. “Never make a 6th album”, say the cynics. “Stop after the successful 5th!” - hogwash, we'll continue this blog until the sun rises in the west and sets in the east... or maybe just while we're working on Bannerlord.</p></br> Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/7

Please don't turn the AI and NPC into stupid terminals where they just return an answer after some input. Make it seem realistic. Improve the minimap view, perhaps to be more detailed, showing army data depending upon a skill such as tactics or spotting.

In Warband everytime you speak to a lord whether you are in Rivacheg, he is raiding a village, he's patrolling around his castle or recruiting soldiers it's always the same shopping list screen. A portrait of him wearing his armor and a dull background behind. Make it more inmersive.

me3_screen_3.jpg

LordCorbin said:
Blog- For each fixed form of the face we use blendshapes or morph targets to control the movements which are compatible with whatever kind of face you make. At least we know for sure that we still get to customize our characters face. It would also be cool if we were able to customize the body size as well. For instance if you had a larger frame you would get bonuses to Str, or HP. And if you had a smaller frame you would have a smaller hitbox, and have shield bonus.

RoboSenshi said:
jacobhinds said:
Some sort of steady stream of new lords that populate the land would help prevent the game from stagnating, and would give meaning to killable lords. You could have periods where there's a huge aristocracy and therefore the threat of a baron's revolt type thing, or a small aristocracy and the threat of peasant uprisings. Obviously killing lords would be political suicide in most cases, but would make the world feel less static.
Only killing lord that you have in captivity should bear any kind of penalty. Lords dying on the battlefield should be fine. In fact personally killing a lord should boost your renown depending on how great the lord is. Of course this should be applied to the player as well. He can be killed in battles or be executed when captured. But of course for the pussies out there the feature can be optional.
I 100% agree that having killable lords would be awesome. But it comes down to a balancing issue. Think about how long it takes to build a good relation with a lord. And if you want a strong faction later, you need as many 'Devoted' lords as you can get. Now imagine all those hours of work that went into developing that relation being flushed by a random AI vs AI battle. It would Suck... a lot. They would need to rework the time it takes to get a lord to a bonded state with you, and make it much easier. Accept Lord Gerlad. He should be unkillable. That guy... just... *Brofist*

_    _    _    _

to be honest I can't get why everyone is so obsessed with killing lords. it woulld totally mess up the game's balance. they can add more various and complex penalties etc for defeated lords. but imagine (for your heroes and lords as well) to make a 60 level artimener with vast skill and thousands denars equipment, getting an instant ko in a random battle. how much would that suck...?

or at least they can add a luck indicator that with every defeat will decrease and will usually give to a lord the chance for 5-10 defeats before he finally gets exterminated...

or they can make the lords killable only as an option in captivity. if he doesn't escape from the battlefield after his defeat of course...

or add a cutscene-like finishing move for the defeated lords IN-BATTLE with options 1.spare him or 2. exterminate him. if you spare him you should get a special renown and honor... maybe when the rumors about you spread through the whole realm you can get nick names like Xxxxx the Magnanimous or Xxxxx the Vicious or Impaler or Butcher etc, u get the picture...

and generaly also more immersion for the captured prisoners not just getting them in a jail doing nothing, saying nothing....

M.ArdA said:
M.ArdA hafiyelik hizmetleri A.Ş. gururla sunar...
taleoyun.jpg
Daha iyi kalitede bulamadım.
Kaynak: http://www.dunya.com/teknolojinin-oscarlari-icin-geri-sayim-basladi-227689h.htm
Taleworlds Entertainment'in oyunu en iyi 100 oyun arasına girdi

Taleworlds Entertainment İkisoft Yazılım, yarışmaya “Mount and Blade Versiyon 3” projesiyle katılıyor. 2010 yılında, Armağan Yavuz önderliğinde, 16 kişilik bir ekip ile başlatılan Mount and Blade Versiyon 3 Projesi, TaleWorlds ismini ve Mount & Blade serisi oyunların başarısını devam ettirme amacında. Mount & Blade, 2 yıl içerisinde 300 bin satış adedini aştı ve uluslararası oyun sektöründe Türkiye adına daha önce elde edilmemiş bir başarıyı yakaladı.Firma şimdi de Mount and Blade Versiyon 3’ü geliştirdi. Projeyi tanıtım notunda şöyle deniliyor: “Mount & Blade 2’de ilk oyunun marka değeri korundu, gerçekleştirilen yeni teknolojilerle birlikte yabancı rakiplerle mücadele edebilme gücü artırıldı ve marka değeri daha yükseltildi. Mount & Blade serisi oyunları, bugüne kadar dünya çapında pek çok yabancı kuruluş tarafından aldığı yılın en iyi rpg oyunu, editörün seçimi gibi ödüllerin yanı sıra son olarak PC Gamer tarafından dünyanın gelmiş geçmiş en iyi 100 oyunu arasında gösterildi. Seri toplam 2 milyon satış adedini aşarak, yine bir ilke imza attı. Mount & Blade Versiyon 3’ün geliştirilmiş komut sistemi mimarisi, görsel açıdan gerçekçi animasyonları ve animasyon çeşitliliği, günümüz teknolojisini yakalamış grafikleri ve gerçekçi ve yüksek performanslı yapay zekası, oyunun ön plana çıkan yeni özellikleri arasındadır.”
New Screenshot.
Singil ?

KidCudi said:
New Screenshot.
Singil ?

Woah woah woah woah! Is the Turkish forum getting more info again? But that picture looks great, if only we got to see it in a better resolution.

Old in what sense? It's pretty clearly bannerlord, and in the same level of quality as the first wave of screenshots we saw.

I like where they're going in the aesthetics department. In warband everything was too bright and crayon coloured. I see they're using the same (ish) buildings, but the colours are all right this time around. The pale yellow deserts they had before just didn't cut it.

Everything's just so natural looking now. The mild haze, the crisp tree textures and the slight desaturation they have in the shadows is gawjuss. I'd like to see what open landscape looks like eventually, since all the screens so far have been of cities. But perhaps I'm wrong, and there's a 1920x1080 of a forest waiting for me somewhere.

Bannerlord_05.jpg

RyObMY.jpg

About half of the picture is the ground and the ground texture isn't as nice.

The lighting is also more revealing of some texture problems, the edge of the building in the bottom right being the best example.

Some interesting new stuff though.

I wonder what those two lads are up to there in the shadow with their arms engaging in some synchronised pelvic gesture.

jacobhinds said:
Old in what sense? It's pretty clearly bannerlord, and in the same level of quality as the first wave of screenshots we saw.

I like where they're going in the aesthetics department. In warband everything was too bright and crayon coloured. I see they're using the same (ish) buildings, but the colours are all right this time around. The pale yellow deserts they had before just didn't cut it.

Everything's just so natural looking now. The mild haze, the crisp tree textures and the slight desaturation they have in the shadows is gawjuss. I'd like to see what open landscape looks like eventually, since all the screens so far have been of cities. But perhaps I'm wrong, and there's a 1920x1080 of a forest waiting for me somewhere.

im a fan of retro games cause except for their awesome gameplay and replayability they had a distinguishable game look. from 2004 and onwards games rgaphics became too shiny for my taste. i believe it was the era that games looked like games and till they look almost real life- realistic, all the inbetween stages will be that creepy curve of the uncuny valley...

The big problem with the Mount & Blade combat system is that it's one big stabby, spinny, ADHD, spammy mess. Even bigger problem is that this is what the community has gotten itself used to. If they can keep the competitive aspects of the game, while still preserving essential parts of the combat system, while also taking things it the next level as far as authenticity goes, they're in for a win. Oh, and that magic force field under, below and beside both shield needs to go.

Expect all the big tournaments to slowly but surely turning themselves in to teh almighty Bannerlords.

Perhaps the best solution would be to have more of a classic game mode where the combat speed is close to the original, then some sort of BL standard, where damage is higher, running, turning and weapon speed make sense, and effective weapon range isn't one big mystery. As much as I want things permanently changed, Warband f-boys would be all the rage for the remainder of known human history.

This is my first forum entry, I'm not going to quote anyone and almost all of what I'm going to say is not going to relate to this threads main topic. But I've kept up with all the blogs over the development of BannerLords and I just got to spill my thoughts on what could be added or changed from the original and a lot of its mods.
Basis for my idea is kids like if Mount&Blade and Rome total war 2 were painter's, this would be there masterpiece.

1.Troop trees- This need to be expanded and broke down into specific tiers ex. polar with shield infantry, mele infantry, polar no shield  infantry, archers, crossbows, lance Calvary, mele Calvary, throwing units, ex..... with a system like that you can improve upon the formations and per battle orders and recruiting and the purpose and use of each type of combat. You could make formations that those units could actually put to use and be worth while so strategy would truly become a factor in the battle. You could also tell what type of unit each specific unit you want to focus on (I.e. want mele infantry to focus on archers). Still have the same view as the original, keep the 3rd person view on you as the general free to go as you please
2. Lord- I like the idea of lords being able to be killed after so many defeats in the field, it adds a real since of every battle being important and not just a minor set back and nuisance when you lose one. Also the mentioning of a house system for the player and AI is very intriguing. A system to show there power or influence in the faction based on rank and skill levels, and not trying to rip Rome 2 completely off but a special traits system would be cool too ex. all archer in your army have plus 3 damage.
3.Cities/ Towns- Honestly I like the way its set up more the most part. Yes they could add more texture to really make each unique and culturally suited. But the one thing I would really like to see is some boarder lines for towns cities and castles. This way not only will you be able to see what all your kingdom covers but it will help with setting patrols. With a border system you now have a set area around let's say Suno where your patrols will actually patrol around and not just go aimlessly across the map. You can also break it down this way and say I want  this group to patrol around the area of (city...) or (city...and town...) or all my lands.
4.Custom troops/Recruiting- I love the custom troop feature on some of the mods out there and is one thing I always look for, but it can be improved. First thing is that it need a crap load more items put in it so your kingdom's troops can really be your own in every way and be able to keep a style trend through all the tiers, That way you don't have archers that look like sarnairds at the low level but end up looking like the roducks at the higher levels just cause of the limited selection.you can also make this better by when you start your own kingdom you pick a specialty for your troops, like throwing, one handed, two handed, polarm, crossbow, archery, defence, ex... that way your troops will have higher stats and better quality items related to your selection and further making your kingdom your own. Now with recruiting, some type of population system would be cool be not necessary. What I think would make the recruiting aspect so much better is if you showed the recruiting time. But break it down into two building options that you can upgrade multiple times to enhance the affect of them, first would be the barracks and that would tell you how many troop you can recruit at a time and how long it will take to muster them at the location i.e.(you can recruit 20 peasants and it will take one week) or something like that, second should be a training field and that would show how fast your stationed troops level up i.e. ( troops earn 25xp a day from training). You should have these building options in all the towns castles and cities but have them capped at certain levels for each type of settlement it is. Also on the troop tree, there should be options beside each troop that say (town only, castle only, army only, patrol only,  dont recruit, and so on) that way you can control what can what your armies will look like for you cities and your lords and what type of troops you want and where. Oh and it should be made so that you can capture towns just like you can castles and cities and not just raid them.
5.Other- I've kinds lost my train of thought so I will end it with these two notes.1) Battels, when you enter one no matter how big your army is all your troops should be on the battle field at once and not that stupid and sometimes useless reinforcements thing. If that's not possible at least put a high cap limit to it so the fights can be bigger and more intense. 2) Items!!!!!!!! This is one thing that can turn people away from a game. It just needs variety like massive variety. I don't care if you have a hundred sabers with the same stats as long as they all have different looks to them and it could be as little as different handle color all the way to blade and hilt decoration. My suggestion would be to ask all those modders out  their to design as many weapons, armours, horses, and what ever else and add all of them to the game or put it into dlc or one giant mod for all of us to enjoy.

Well that ends my rant for today but stay tuned for a second one later on!

Manu_La_Canette said:
Awesome stuff here!  :grin:

But...

What about making fat characters or be able to tweak the simple size of his belly?

Seriously.

That would be interesting.

The game could offer you before you edit the face a choice of body type.
Four or five would suffice. And it will make masses of troops look outstanding.

All I want for Bannerlord is slightly better graphics and better/more features.

Something I've been thinking about is expanding on being a mercenary captain. I'd love if I could name my company, have it earn renown, be paid based on that renown, choose a banner, maybe make some custom troops and build a wooden fort or heavily entrenched camp similar to a castle. :mrgreen:

This looks great TaleWorlds.

I have faith in you, devs. Warband already is an epic game. As I have already said a couple of times on my previous posts, just enhance a bit of everything here and there (game-play elements mostly) and everything will be fine in the end. Just make Bannerlord be situated in a place somewhere 50% more elevated or better than Warband is, and you guys will have my eternal gratitude. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom