Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 5 - Virtual Skeletons

Users who are viewing this thread

Happy Friday to avid readers and passers by. It has been a little while since our last Bannerlord Blog. In this entry we are once more decreasing the number of unblogged rooms in the office by one. Although some animations are made and polished in various parts of the office, many are captured in our very own motion capture studio near the main door of our offices. The animation hub and thus the associated blog room for this episode.

Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/6

LukyLucaz said:
Speaking of animations, the belligerent drunk in Warband is not very belligerent at all.
He is just standing there minding his own bussiness untill the character walks up to him and starts a conversation.
I thought just looking in his direction triggered the conversation. Mainly when low renown.

FrisianDude said:
LukyLucaz said:
Speaking of animations, the belligerent drunk in Warband is not very belligerent at all.
He is just standing there minding his own bussiness untill the character walks up to him and starts a conversation.
I thought just looking in his direction triggered the conversation. Mainly when low renown.

you have to be pretty close to him in any case. and at high renown he's basically a helpless victim of random assault because you only ever approach him with the intent of killing him :smile:

Oh my Gooooooooooooood!!!!! HELL YESS! Keep up the awesome work!!!  :grin:

P.S. Hopefully during feasts, Lords and Ladies will be walking around instead of just standing still awkwardly. Lol

This looks so much better than Warband.  :mrgreen:
How about an alpha/beta test?
I would like to test this wonderful game.  :mrgreen:

Swordmaster said:
I hope you are planning on implementing the feeling of weight of the swords and such to the animations.

here here. It looks like they're just using plastic sticks for the swords. Maybe adding some actual weight to them would result in better animations?

If you look at the top, you can see a character who is about to climb downstairs. Do you (or will) have proper animations for climbing regular stairs? I have seen that it is possible to do so with siege ladders, but I'm really curious about stairs.

The game is looking great and I love the Motion capturing you guys are doing. One question, though, why is the first picture labeled as "Clash of the Titans"?

Captain Lust said:
usnavy30 said:
tavern_screenshot_14032014_s.jpg
There's only one thing missing in this tavern for the M&B experience, the belligerent drunk!
The night is young! :grin:

Oh God Yeeeees!

Leonidas300 said:
ze66.jpg

First bug found!  :mrgreen:

Personally I find such minor clipping not really an issue. If you look at most games, even the new gen stuff, there is some sort of clipping because you can't really have collision detection on everything in the game.

jacobhinds said:
If you need to loose an arrow at somebody you just go ahead and loose it, can't see why you'd ever need to shave 2-3 seconds off firing time at the expense of a long flappy pointy thing hanging off your bowstring.

Actually, having a pre-knocked arrow sounds like a good idea. Knocking an arrow usually takes some time for an average man, so having to only aim and shoot when the opportunity arises makes more sense. It's strange having to draw another arrow every time you cancel a draw. Knocking an arrow could work with with a tap of the left mouse button while holding it knocks and draws the bow fluently. May be to balance the pre knocked arrow feature, the character would walk slower in the "ready to draw" stance.

Tavern looks amazing!  Leaps and bounds above warband.

I would love to see capturing some motions for the creation of animations that allow blocking with shield and parrying with weapon while supinate on the ground. 

I.E :  Lets say, you get knocked down by horse while you are facing said horse, you will land on your back...able to protect yourself from being cut in two by infantry that runs up to finish you off.  If you were knocked down by horse from the back, then you would land on your face, no defense allowed. 
Also, if they did this....there would have to be a balanced penalty for being knocked down.  Maybe pressing "F" would start stand up animation where one would be defenseless for half a second or something.

How about if you get knocked down by blunt weapon, you prop yourself up with left hand while pushing yourself to your feet and can still parry and make a feeble attack with right hand.  Or how about if you get backed into stairs(leading up) while fighting there is a chance you will trip and go down on left hand just like if you got knocked down by blunt weapon.  Pommel smash would be cool too.  A short range attack like kick.  Just some ideas...

Looks very good, and I like the Roman appearance of this tavern. Something I am glad to see is the sword on the player character's back- in a scabbard and not clipping through the clothes, as is often the case in Warband.

Leonidas300 said:
ze66.jpg

First bug found!  :mrgreen:
I think that the only problem is the stool being too large, they should be smaller.

"Also motion capturing a horse in combat might present some animal rights issues. Charging a horse into a wall would have to be done by hand in any case." So they are making animations when the horse hits a wall? Great! The game is getting really good.

P.S.: And there is the women again in the first picture :grin:

I'm sick of the waiting, you better hand out a new devblog fast or i'll never buy your games again.

Back
Top Bottom