Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 5 - Virtual Skeletons

Users who are viewing this thread

Happy Friday to avid readers and passers by. It has been a little while since our last Bannerlord Blog. In this entry we are once more decreasing the number of unblogged rooms in the office by one. Although some animations are made and polished in various parts of the office, many are captured in our very own motion capture studio near the main door of our offices. The animation hub and thus the associated blog room for this episode.

Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/6

tavern_screenshot_14032014_s.jpg
There's only one thing missing in this tavern for the M&B experience, the belligerent drunk!

Speaking of animations, the belligerent drunk in Warband is not very belligerent at all.
He is just standing there minding his own bussiness untill the character walks up to him and starts a conversation.
Having him waver around and purposely walk in your way would put some sense behind starting a fight.
Perhaps there could be a chance that his friends are in the inn aswell and calm him down before you feed him to your sword.

This is looking great, and I can't wait for the game!

O the subject of realism, though, can we please not have cathedral-sized taverns? I mean, look at that place? That would have to be the largest and most spacious tavern on the globe! Seems like the buildings in medieval RPGs keep getting larger and larger every year. I'd rather have more atmospheric, cramped-feeling, realistic buildings that resemble actual taverns and not cathedral-sized buildings that are so big it's almost comical.

osarusan said:

O the subject of realism, though, can we please not have cathedral-sized taverns? I mean, look at that place? That would have to be the largest and most spacious tavern on the globe! Seems like the buildings in medieval RPGs keep getting larger and larger every year. I'd rather have more atmospheric, cramped-feeling, realistic buildings that resemble actual taverns and not cathedral-sized buildings that are so big it's almost comical.
I cannot agree more with you my friend.

osarusan said:

It actually doesn't feel as big in the game when you're moving around. Part of the issue is field of view which stretches the edges giving an expanded feeling. The high ceiling is a stylistic choice based on the culture of the faction that it's built for and even when you factor all that in, it's still one of the larger taverns in the game. When you see some of the others I'm sure you'll be happy with the distinctive, cramped perhaps... taverny? feeling. :grin:

I think size is fine, but there can be lesser and greater inns, this one is from a big Imperial city obviously.

I was wondering if that painting(?) at background is just a ornament or have some kind of function, because its looks too big and rich for a simple ornament at an inn.

I'd like to get a closer look at that art behind the bar.

Also, this really is a step above Warband, where everyone stands at attention for you to talk to them.

My brother brought up sitting down in those seats yourself as the player.
I'm guessing if you guys were to implement that, it would just be holding down F and going into the animation.
Thinking about it though, It wouldn't be that important.

Still, I'd like to see how Lords feast and do their political business with these new animations. It would be nice to have a sit-down with Marshal whatshisface.

Astounding work!
LukyLucaz said:
Speaking of animations, the belligerent drunk in Warband is not very belligerent at all.
He is just standing there minding his own bussiness untill the character walks up to him and starts a conversation.
You're right: Vodka + mocap = belligerent drunk. I'm sure Lust is up for it this weekend  :smile:

Wow, looking good, I am so excited for Bannerlord, I have been a long time M&B fan, played all of them. Just a question, have you guys decided a release date? I wanna play it so bad!!! Anyways, good job guys!

I wanna grab some beers, get drunk and then walk up these stairs to go to sleep in a tavern bed.
My character needs rest too (and please add sleeping animations, mo capped of course  :mrgreen:  ).

The tavern looks nice so far. Can't wait for the end result.

"As you can see in the screenshot, the taverns in Bannerlord already have a lot more atmosphere than those in Warband. People are sitting, drinking, stretching and talking just like a real medieval tavern."

But they will still serve no purpose as in previous games because apart from the combat the game is just a beautiful empty box...

wow looks great!
you could even add more people into the travern :smile: you know make it more crowded.
you know the feeling you have when you walk into a bar and thinks. "**** here was crowded...where should i go.." :wink:
and yees ad drunk people falling and bumping into you xD

jokes n all but this looking great :smile:

The tavern looks great! Can't wait for more information haha, let's hope that it will not take so long for them again to make another blog :razz:

Back
Top Bottom