Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 5 - Virtual Skeletons

Users who are viewing this thread

Happy Friday to avid readers and passers by. It has been a little while since our last Bannerlord Blog. In this entry we are once more decreasing the number of unblogged rooms in the office by one. Although some animations are made and polished in various parts of the office, many are captured in our very own motion capture studio near the main door of our offices. The animation hub and thus the associated blog room for this episode.

Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/6

Arch3r said:
ZhVC6.png

:lol:
I also thought he looks like a maniac.

I like how they're sitting! The people in Mount&Blade 1 are kind of creepily unhuman.

PLEASE HAVE A CROUCH FEATURE SO I CAN CROUCH BEHIND CASTLE WALLS INSTEAD OF GETTING SHOT IN THE FACE. ALL CAPS, I'M SERIOUS.

osarusan said:
This is looking great, and I can't wait for the game!

O the subject of realism, though, can we please not have cathedral-sized taverns? I mean, look at that place? That would have to be the largest and most spacious tavern on the globe! Seems like the buildings in medieval RPGs keep getting larger and larger every year. I'd rather have more atmospheric, cramped-feeling, realistic buildings that resemble actual taverns and not cathedral-sized buildings that are so big it's almost comical.

To me it looks like it is an old roman building. After the romans left Britain, alot of the roman buildings were used by the natives, serving purposes like this.

That's so awesome! I hope that we'll be able to find some of our men getting wasted in a tavern - or walking down the street, if we're at it. It always irked me that in previous games your army seemingly stood still outside the city walls when you were doing your stuff.

But seriously, amazing. Tavern may look a bit too spacious, but come on, it's Empire at its finest hour (well, slightly after it), so I guess the nest of decadence fits well :razz:

When I got Warband some years ago, I thought: "It´s a great game already, but It could be better. It could be the best game ever." Now I know I was right.  :grin:

hello the game is very good, I like that time in the game follow real time while we are in the tavern, and the possibility that our friends join the tavern  :grin:

im spanish sorry mi bad english

Will I be able to befriend the belligerent drunk in Bannerlord? Cause I think it would be really cool to get wasted with him in the tavern and scare the newcomers.

It looks beautiful guys. Keep up the good work!

Animation improvement in... No, that is an animation revolution in Mount&Blade. That'll make the game best ever. What about dubbing? Shall I hear voices or just read what people are to say? What about cuting off body parts during batlle? And finally, shall I be able to attack anybody? In Warband I can do it only in batlle mode.

We want sex in Bannerlord. You've allready gave us adventure, blood and death. Sex only left to add for complete satisfaction.

fallus maximus said:
Animation improvement in... No, that is an animation revolution in Mount&Blade. That'll make the game best ever. What about dubbing? Shall I hear voices or just read what people are to say? What about cuting off body parts during batlle? And finally, shall I be able to attack anybody? In Warband I can do it only in batlle mode.

We want sex in Bannerlord. You've allready gave us adventure, blood and death. Sex only left to add for complete satisfaction.

You perv, anyways the tavern looks awesome.

Looks great, i hope these new animations will be added to everything. So when you're exploring the streets people arent just walking around in circles but actually doing something.

Player character model looks really good in the screenshot.

Love the earthy and authentic design - sets it apart from pretty much every other RPG.

I know you are working very hard on this but i just need to know if your keeping the crossbowman reload animation the same???
Would it be more fun if you made animations for some of the crossbows?
So like Lower leveled crossbows would need to bend over to reload
And Higher level crossbows like Siege and Heavy need you to do something other than the bending over???

Could you focus on the boats? The nords (I take it that they are the Scandinavians) had very good boats such as a viking longboat naval battles would be neat like the ones in Napoleonic Wars. But better with grapples boarding onboard artillery archers on board etc. And also island castles and towns or island nations. So you could play as mainly a sailer. Also, I thought it would be neat if I could move my troops in secret not into battle but into position around a town. Just imagine a longboat landing silently (thanks to stats etc) then me and my troops jumping out and silently going near to a village. Then boom! we attack. Some villagers shouldn't have weapons depending on when I attack. (Noon is the best raiding time since lunch is ready) Also please make your father able to be a sailor or pirate. And you the samething Such as captain or stowaway and everything in between. (As you can tell I love medieval boats) Thanks for reading! please think about my ideas!

Is it just me, or does that woman standing in front of the player look like she needs a serious shave? Or is that just a shadow? Or is that not a woman? Either way, the denizens of Calradia actually living interests me greatly.

Back
Top Bottom