Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 4 - Flexible Entries

Users who are viewing this thread

<p>Happy New Year to those operating on the Gregorian Calender and a round, warm hello to all. “Blog!”, they cried and it was written. 2013 has been a year of growth for us at TaleWorlds and with each passing month, work intensifies on Bannerlord. The new year has already started with the achievement of 100,000 likes on our official Facebook page. It feels like a great milestone and we'd like to thank everyone for all the support. Now let us tell you a little bit more about making Bannerlord.</p></br> Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/5

Orite calm down lol they're not some sort of superhumans, they're just developers most of them whom have done degrees in computer science etc etc one day I hope to become a computer programmer, not developing games though  :grin:

Findolfin said:
ReaperWolf said:
Maestrro said:
Rebel King said:
Adding LAN in the singleplayer campaign will for sure improve the game because playing with friends is waaay more fun.
yes
My sister and I are usually nowhere near each other. I think I'd prefer online co-op. It would be easier to access, at least for us. But then that brings along its own problems, doesn't it?
There are many programs for that.It functions through the web and help you play games as if you are actually playing via LAN.I use Hamachi.
If you already knew this, and just stating that the ping would be huge; please ignore this post.
I thought they said they will remake all the coding for MBW2, so wouldn't be easier to make LAN? And if there's still a problem how about making co-op an add on. And wtf is hamachi? lol

Hoping for some info from the dev tomorrow on the progress  :smile:
at first i was like "give me the game now what are you waiting for aaarrgghh"
and now im like "take the time you need and make a epic game :smile:"

Antar said:
HectorofTroy said:
I care very little about how often the developers talk or how long will it take for Mount and Blade Bannerlord to come out.

What I really want is a great game. Mount and Blade Warband is one of the best single player games ever made (too bad I could only learn about it a month ago), and the mods provided by this community are also outstanding. If all that has been achieved could only be repeated and 50% further improved, then I will be very happy.

The developers should take their time - take as long as it takes, and feel zero pressure over their shoulders. It will be ready whenever it’s ready. In the meantime, there are plenty of other good games to keep us entertained, including Mount and Blade Warband and its wonderful mods.

Give me a hug! It's nice to see newer people understand Taleworlds instead of just posting a wall of text of what they want in the game.  :grin:

There are already so many bad and soulless games rushed out of the door, so many false promises. And this partly happens because of deadlines, though it’s not the only reason, of course.
I am sure we all want Bannerlord NOT to be one more sad game fitting those awful statistics, right?

Going a bit off topic here, I found a player's review talking about a very famous game recently released. It goes like this (and that’s all I don’t want Taleworlds to become in the future):

“Game industry is stalled, goal isn't anymore to make good creative games, it's just all about making something fancy and give false expectations to players so they buy the game, then promise more functionality in paid DLC's or the next game in the series, so people go and buy the next game in the series which added very little to the previous one, sometimes its even less detailed... this is just sad”.

HectorofTroy said:
Antar said:
HectorofTroy said:
I care very little about how often the developers talk or how long will it take for Mount and Blade Bannerlord to come out.

What I really want is a great game. Mount and Blade Warband is one of the best single player games ever made (too bad I could only learn about it a month ago), and the mods provided by this community are also outstanding. If all that has been achieved could only be repeated and 50% further improved, then I will be very happy.

The developers should take their time - take as long as it takes, and feel zero pressure over their shoulders. It will be ready whenever it’s ready. In the meantime, there are plenty of other good games to keep us entertained, including Mount and Blade Warband and its wonderful mods.

Give me a hug! It's nice to see newer people understand Taleworlds instead of just posting a wall of text of what they want in the game.  :grin:

There are already so many bad and soulless games rushed out of the door, so many false promises. And this partly happens because of deadlines, though it’s not the only reason, of course.
I am sure we all want Bannerlord NOT to be one more sad game fitting those awful statistics, right?

Going a bit off topic here, I found a player's review talking about a very famous game recently released. It goes like this (and that’s all I don’t want Taleworlds to become in the future):

“Game industry is stalled, goal isn't anymore to make good creative games, it's just all about making something fancy and give false expectations to players so they buy the game, then promise more functionality in paid DLC's or the next game in the series, so people go and buy the next game in the series which added very little to the previous one, sometimes its even less detailed... this is just sad”.

+1

HectorofTroy said:

Rome 2 total war I bet :mrgreen:

Carlos Danger said:
HectorofTroy said:

Rome 2 total war I bet :mrgreen:

How did you guess? :eek: I bought Mount and Blade Warband last month and have already put 150 hours playing the bloody game. On the hand, Rome 2 has not reached 20 hours yet.

Zaszx's answer on a question about the theme of next blog

"You will see soon, just a little more :wink:"

pellehard said:
HectorofTroy said:
Antar said:
HectorofTroy said:

ok all right... bring it in people. GROUP HUG!!!

+1

Back
Top Bottom