Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 4 - Flexible Entries

Users who are viewing this thread

<p>Happy New Year to those operating on the Gregorian Calender and a round, warm hello to all. “Blog!”, they cried and it was written. 2013 has been a year of growth for us at TaleWorlds and with each passing month, work intensifies on Bannerlord. The new year has already started with the achievement of 100,000 likes on our official Facebook page. It feels like a great milestone and we'd like to thank everyone for all the support. Now let us tell you a little bit more about making Bannerlord.</p></br> Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/5

I would like that new blogs talk more about the process of creating the game, like the ones gaslamp studios does http://www.gaslampgames.com/blog/. It could even talk about mundane things like creating a weapon ,building or UI.
I know taleworlds is a lot bigger than gaslamp, but it could be adapted to talk about the team and various persons inside it.

zackgreco said:
I would like that new blogs talk more about the process of creating the game, like the ones gaslamp studios does http://www.gaslampgames.com/blog/. It could even talk about mundane things like creating a weapon ,building or UI.
I know taleworlds is a lot bigger than gaslamp, but it could be adapted to talk about the team and various persons inside it.

I think a lot of game devs nowadays are quite careful about what they publish. If the game development takes a massive u-turn or is completely rewritten for whatever reason, they're just setting themselves up for backlash when the finished product is totally different from the pre-release screenshots or promises. PR people have to be really paranoid.

I care very little about how often the developers talk or how long will it take for Mount and Blade Bannerlord to come out.

What I really want is a great game. Mount and Blade Warband is one of the best single player games ever made (too bad I could only learn about it a month ago), and the mods provided by this community are also outstanding. If all that has been achieved could only be repeated and 50% further improved, then I will be very happy.

The developers should take their time - take as long as it takes, and feel zero pressure over their shoulders. It will be ready whenever it’s ready. In the meantime, there are plenty of other good games to keep us entertained, including Mount and Blade Warband and its wonderful mods.

HectorofTroy said:
I care very little about how often the developers talk or how long will it take for Mount and Blade Bannerlord to come out.

What I really want is a great game. Mount and Blade Warband is one of the best single player games ever made (too bad I could only learn about it a month ago), and the mods provided by this community are also outstanding. If all that has been achieved could only be repeated and 50% further improved, then I will be very happy.

The developers should take their time - take as long as it takes, and feel zero pressure over their shoulders. It will be ready whenever it’s ready. In the meantime, there are plenty of other good games to keep us entertained, including Mount and Blade Warband and its wonderful mods.

agree that they should take the time they need to make it great. I just want to play the game before ill get grey hair!

pellehard said:
HectorofTroy said:

agree that they should take the time they need to make it great. I just want to play the game before ill get grey hair!

While we're on the subject of grey hair, I wouldn't mind if they put in a meaningful age system; e.g if your character is on the younger side of things they would be allowed more ability points, while older characters would start with more skill points? i think it could be neat.

Yes! Surely more older characters should be more experienced, but I don't think devs are spending their time reading tthrough the forums lol.... Isn't there a request forum or anything like that?

HectorofTroy said:

Give me a hug! It's nice to see newer people understand Taleworlds instead of just posting a wall of text of what they want in the game.  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom