Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 4 - Flexible Entries

Users who are viewing this thread

<p>Happy New Year to those operating on the Gregorian Calender and a round, warm hello to all. “Blog!”, they cried and it was written. 2013 has been a year of growth for us at TaleWorlds and with each passing month, work intensifies on Bannerlord. The new year has already started with the achievement of 100,000 likes on our official Facebook page. It feels like a great milestone and we'd like to thank everyone for all the support. Now let us tell you a little bit more about making Bannerlord.</p></br> Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/5

So. First. Just had to do that :smile: never get to do that anywhere. damn people are fast

And the new sieges seem awesome. Never cared much about how simple the previous ones were before now. That will ruin mu current game a bit. But I'll forgive you, when I get my hands on that one  :mrgreen:

And yeah, it looks great for just being at beta or alpha stage... Any chance of Early Access?

"A little longer" we will see how little is it :grin:

Graphics are fine, what are you guys expecting for a game simulates some 100+100 battles.

Nice, I love how you take the community seriously when adding more to the game.
Can we get any hint to if coop multiplayer campaign is being considered?
This would really be "the game" I have been waiting for if that is the case =)

-MacGyver

I find the siege tower and the Sarranids' gears very nice. However the map and scene borders still look awful. But what disappoint me the most is the ressemblance with Warband in terms of architecture and clothing. Lack of inspiration ? The medieval world is so rich though.

Meh, i still see the same skinny-ladder-into-a-choke-point deal. When i heard it was about sieges i expected siege engines etc, but i suppose I'm just being overenthusiastic.

Inanch-Bilge said:

Graphics are fine, what are you guys expecting for a game simulates some 100+100 battles.

Shogun II total war supported tens of thousands of soldiers with far better graphics, but with less lag than warband. It's not just the graphics that make mount and blade lag - it's the combat. Battles can lag even if you aren't looking at anyone.

Siegbert_von_Meklenburg said:
You think so? At least graphic-wise it looks almost just as Warband which was already dated when it came out... but it sounds interesting

The most models seem to be much better than Warbands, but I hope they will still work on it, it just looks okay and not really mind blowing. Except of that the people on the screen climb a ladder. I mean they really do it. Fascinating.

Siege engine are a must have.

Graphics don't need to be cutting edge, especially for such a sandbox game with massive battles. I'd prefer the graphics keep those battles manageable for mid-range PC's (like mine). I just hope they keep improving the game play features like this. So I don't have to look for mod packs to bring this kind of functionality to the game.

jacobhinds said:
Meh, i still see the same skinny-ladder-into-a-choke-point deal. When i heard it was about sieges i expected siege engines etc, but i suppose I'm just being overenthusiastic.

Inanch-Bilge said:

Shogun II total war supported tens of thousands of soldiers with far better graphics, but with less lag than warband. It's not just the graphics that make mount and blade lag - it's the combat. Battles can lag even if you aren't looking at anyone.

The fights in Total War games (on the model scale) is pretty much pre-rendered. I doubt it takes that much processing power to watch a bunch of NPC's perform pre-loaded battle animations.

Balanor said:
I'd prefer the graphics keep those battles manageable for mid-range PC's (like mine).

It's not because some people like you have ****ty computers that the developpers should make ugly graphics... And you guys could always change the settings.

Al_Mansur said:
Balanor said:
I'd prefer the graphics keep those battles manageable for mid-range PC's (like mine).

It's not because some people like you have ****ty computers that the developpers should make ugly graphics... And you guys could always change the settings.

Let's hope that the Extreme Graphics are awesome, and that the low graphics are playable on most pc's, like Warband.

Back
Top Bottom