Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 4 - Flexible Entries

Users who are viewing this thread

<p>Happy New Year to those operating on the Gregorian Calender and a round, warm hello to all. “Blog!”, they cried and it was written. 2013 has been a year of growth for us at TaleWorlds and with each passing month, work intensifies on Bannerlord. The new year has already started with the achievement of 100,000 likes on our official Facebook page. It feels like a great milestone and we'd like to thank everyone for all the support. Now let us tell you a little bit more about making Bannerlord.</p></br> Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/5

It's definitely disturbing how on the last pic most of the archers are forming a mosh pit on the ladder entry instead of shooting down some **** to the attackers.

Fyrd said:
It's definitely disturbing how on the last pic most of the archers are forming a mosh pit on the ladder entry instead of shooting down some **** to the attackers.

+1. Low res images on this new blog  :???:

I hope they add more than one way to attack walls (Psychological warfare, sneaking in, bribing your way through, starving, building camp, raiding nearby areas etc) I really want so much from sieges T.T

kevinlim15 said:
I hope they add more than one way to attack walls (Psychological warfare, sneaking in, bribing your way through, starving, building camp, raiding nearby areas etc) I really want so much from sieges T.T
I hope that you can actually see and take part in those kind of attacks, rather than just pressing a choice on a menu.

Arvenski said:
I hope that you can actually see and take part in those kind of attacks, rather than just pressing a choice on a menu.

Yeah, that would be great, because doing this by the menu, as you say, is yet implemented in Brytenwalda, for example. So it would not be anything new.

Why are there no high resolution screenshots this time? Any way we can get proper ones?

Anyway, love the climbing animations, new blood decals, textures in general and beautiful shadows from quivers on characters.
Don't like that it's still one little ladder and/or a siege tower, and people (especially archers) blobbing on walls.

Hyped for upcoming video, and keep up the good work!

True, it does become a bit bland to just press options. But I want to be like a badass king who just issues orders. An option for both would be good (Like there will be consequences if you go and do it but if you leave it to your men chances are more die.)

I also hope they update the camps, it looks terrible and frankly seems to be useless. (I know it has its uses but really it's limited in Native.

Fyrd said:

Absolutely true. That was the most important thing I wanted them to fix. The archers are not using the arrow slits.

I have high hopes that the siege maps will actually be much bigger.

Sir Pwn-A-Lot said:
Why are there no high resolution screenshots this time? Any way we can get proper ones?

Anyway, love the climbing animations, new blood decals, textures in general and beautiful shadows from quivers on characters.
Don't like that it's still one little ladder and/or a siege tower, and people (especially archers) blobbing on walls.

Hyped for upcoming video, and keep up the good work!
There's both a siege tower and a ladder in one of those pics.

So I guess there isn't going to be any kind of wall breaching mechanics. Aside from the ladder climbing animation it looks exactly the same as Warband.

Not sure, but could that be a ladder laying down in the low right corner, and the troops in front are in progress to raise it?

twdd_04_aserai_siege_2.jpg

how can I change resolution of screenshots because they are very small?

Graphics look very similar to warbands I hope they improve detail of armors/weapons and vegetation!

Arvenski said:
Is it impossible for all of your to read the big "WORK IN PROGRESS" thingy in each screenshot?  :razz:

Yeah, but it still worries me to hell. Anyone from the devs, please tell me that it is just a crappy (tiny) scene with outdated crappy models in subject to change dramatically. :razz:

One way to go around the problem with archers not using the battlement holes would be this. As we know, we use entry points to indicate the archer spawn positions, usually on towers. Right now the archers can easily change the direction from there and move in spots where it is impossible to fire, or even rambo the attacker's ladder. You could perhaps rennounce to the current entries for archers and add new ones. They would work in the following way: the scener places entry points just in front of any battlement hole they desire. These entries would attract a maximum of 2 ranged units, which instead of moving mindlessly, would stay in a fixed position and shoot from there. Whenever an unit gets killed, he would be replaced by another ranged unit. So the entries I'm proposing should work just like the siege defending point, which is present right now in Warband, but the difference is that they ought to work only for ranged units and be more stable.

Looking VERY SEXY so far but please remember to fix and improve the THRUSTING aspects of combat as thrusting weapons are currently useless in very close quarters when in reality they should be excelling.

wargod2009 said:
Looking VERY SEXY so far but please remember to fix and improve the THRUSTING aspects of combat as thrusting weapons are currently useless in very close quarters when in reality they should be excelling.

Ahh, yes. One guy wielding his sword horizontally can magically block 3 spears at once.

Back
Top Bottom