Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 2 - Painted Plants

Users who are viewing this thread

Avid blog followers and newcomers to the series, in this, our second blog, we're talking about our team of engine programmers and their role in our development process. It is fitting that the engine team sits in the centre of the office, developing the core of the game. The room is generally busy with the comings and goings of demanding developers, the hardware is powerful and the attitude is relaxed and open. Inside dwell the gremlin exterminating gremlins. The light masters. The engine engineers.

Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/3

Hmm... The only game my computer can really run is Warband on Medium-High. I am getting a feeling I won't be able to play this until I get a better computer.

Great progress so far, the towns actually look like towns, opposed to the square of identical houses we got in Warband.  :razz:

Adley_BR said:
"Battanian Town"? What kind of civilization is that? I'm curious  :roll:

Where did they say that? I didn't see it at least.

And great post. Really makes me want to get back into the games soon. But alas, I need a new computer.

I actually never read Developper Blogs, but then again I have never been this attached to a game series like is the case with M&B. Thanks for keeping us updated like this :grin:

That aside, those are some very sweet desk chairs...  :shock:

Great job guys, mountains in the distance look very good.
I would love to know if you are planning any support for VR, since I have a feeling first person view will be present in game just like in original Warband.

Well check the image names :wink:

twdd_02_battanian_town

and

twdd_02_khuzait_village

Two new factions or just town/village names?

Discuss!

joegy said:
Well check the image names :wink:

twdd_02_battanian_town

and

twdd_02_khuzait_village

Two new factions or just town/village names?

Discuss!

OK I rarely go snooping like that, but good find. I hope that they add in two new faction, and dear I say, sea travel and naval combat in native? I mean its been modded in since M&B1. I rarely find one that have that in that I like to play(I hate muskets, just detracts from the game itself in my opinion)

Overall I hope that they don't redo the map too much. At least not the colors for the factions that was there from before. But time will tell won't it. 

The ground texture looks like warbands ground texture, I hope it's a placeholder, it should be darker, imo. Apart of that, I think the light at the night picture should be stronger. It looks a bit strange without reflections on walls etc. But the other stuff looks quite nice, I like the architecture of the houses. Especially the details are looking really nice.

Back
Top Bottom