Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 2 - Painted Plants

Users who are viewing this thread

Avid blog followers and newcomers to the series, in this, our second blog, we're talking about our team of engine programmers and their role in our development process. It is fitting that the engine team sits in the centre of the office, developing the core of the game. The room is generally busy with the comings and goings of demanding developers, the hardware is powerful and the attitude is relaxed and open. Inside dwell the gremlin exterminating gremlins. The light masters. The engine engineers.

Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/3

I'm really exciting. I think this game will be more satisfying for me then GTA V. I played like 3 years on a row on M&B warband and this is just a godly sequel (I hope so).

Rallix said:
Hmmm...
2zmr.jpg
twdd_02_battanian_town_noon.jpg

HMMMMMMMMM.

I really want to know why these screenshots look so different. Are the one we got today older than the other ones? I mean, I see big differences.
Except of that, may I ask how many "light_red" or similar lights we can set in Bannerlord? Because Warband limited the amount of lights to two, and it was really difficult to make good looking models with just two lights.

Looks awesome!

One request, can you guys please add torches for armies that travel at night on the campaign map!!!! Nothing more medieval then travailing at night with torches, plus it would look cool and add to the atmosphere.

Anyways great work and look forward to the final product.

Beobart said:
Rallix said:
Hmmm...
2zmr.jpg
twdd_02_battanian_town_noon.jpg

HMMMMMMMMM.

I really want to know why these screenshots look so different. Are the one we got today older than the other ones? I mean, I see big differences.
Except of that, may I ask how many "light_red" or similar lights we can set in Bannerlord? Because Warband limited the amount of lights to two, and it was really difficult to make good looking models with just two lights.

Maybe is the second picture made while using they scene editor. Because i think there wont be special effects in the editor.

We've seen hair and we've seen villages, how about in the next blog you show us some weapons? I'm really itching to see what new killing tools we can use.

Also i'm I the only one that thinks that Khuzait village looks good? Like really good.

Thèoden King said:
Maybe is the second picture made while using they scene editor. Because i think there wont be special effects in the editor.

Afaik is in Warband no visual difference between the editor and the normal game, except of some invisible objects and the water, at least the ground texture should be the same.

RoboSenshi said:
We've seen hair and we've seen villages, how about in the next blog you show us some weapons? I'm really itching to see what new killing tools we can use.

Better yet, I'd like to see weapon hitboxes - are all weapons still in effect a straight beam of damage when it comes to hit registration, regardless of shape? (Curved swords hitting before the VISIBLE model comes into contact, axes hitting upon contact of the shaft rather than the blade, etc.)

I don't care for new content, really just add on what is already there man. I hope this new warband gives more siege options and battle options...

The once-mighty Calradic Empire is in a state of decline. Warlike tribes have seized swaths of its territory. Client kingdoms have declared their independence. The Emperor has died without leaving an heir, leaving three jealous factions to scramble for power. Mercenary companies, bandit lords and nomads hover on the sidelines like vultures waiting for a meal.

Probably, the Battanian Kingdom is one of that client kingdoms who have declared independence. And the Khuzait are just one nomad tribe.

OR

Those two are just common towns and we are going to far with this discussion, haha!

please in bannerlord add in singleplayer animals like bears to dont just to charge you but to eat you and to bute

Lily-Livered River Pirate said:
RoboSenshi said:

Better yet, I'd like to see weapon hitboxes - are all weapons still in effect a straight beam of damage when it comes to hit registration, regardless of shape? (Curved swords hitting before the VISIBLE model comes into contact, axes hitting upon contact of the shaft rather than the blade, etc.)
Looking at you, scimitar  :mad:

kevinlim15 said:
I don't care for new content, really just add on what is already there man. I hope this new warband gives more siege options and battle options...
It's not warband 2, but mount and blade 2 :razz:

AlexGrivas said:
please in bannerlord add in singleplayer animals like bears to dont just to charge you but to eat you and to bute
wut

Beobart said:
Thèoden King said:

Afaik is in Warband no visual difference between the editor and the normal game, except of some invisible objects and the water, at least the ground texture should be the same.
Just looks like different lighting/time of day to me...

It's not possible to list here, the extensive improvements and additions that our atmosphere settings have seen
You could have tried  :cry:

I've been playing mount and blade since the first one, you guys have come so far, I'm excited for you guys! Ok, mainly for myself, because I get to play this !  :grin:

I hope Vornne can port PW, if not, I'm ssure somebody else will pick it up, still, hope he does.

Back
Top Bottom