Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 14 - Destructible Merlons

Users who are viewing this thread

As is traditional, this blog covers our previous major event, goes talks a bit about our experience and what we showed. This time it's E3, possibly the biggest gaming event of the year and the first time we've ever attended with our own booth. Our reveal was Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord's siege gameplay, which came in the form of this trailer and the extended gameplay video below.

Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

SenorZorros said:
joke's been done to death already...
6 years and game still is not ready. Its the joke of centry.
I don wait so long before. Every games release 1 or 2 years after their annoncment.
Thay must annonced bannerlord in 2017 not in 2012.
Thay ruined warband for us and dont give us bannerlord.

mj_vaez said:
SenorZorros said:
I don wait so long before. Every games release 1 or 2 years after their annoncment.
Warband is their flagship and only product. Of course it's not ruined. It has no less than two (eventually to be three) paid mods and ten years (counting MB) of continuing updates, sales, and play. That's Brood War level success for their market. Personally I'm hoping to see it survive for another ten and another two paid mods. We really don't need Bannerlord even on the off chance it is more than vaporware. What we have now is perfectly serviceable as is, which is exactly why even if it does drop I'll happily ignore it to continue conquering Calradia in the good one with all the mods.

Kagos said:
mj_vaez said:
SenorZorros said:
Warband is their flagship and only product. Of course it's not ruined. It has no less than two (eventually to be three) paid mods and ten years (counting MB) of continuing updates, sales, and play. That's Brood War level success for their market. Personally I'm hoping to see it survive for another ten and another two paid mods. We really don't need Bannerlord even on the off chance it is more than vaporware. What we have now is perfectly serviceable as is, which is exactly why even if it does drop I'll happily ignore it to continue conquering Calradia in the good one with all the mods.
i am greatefull too. i just say it was not good too anonce a game that have years to complete. i wish taleworlds became best company in the world. we love you guys. we just want to be important for you. i feel you dont care your fans

I have been playing M&B since 0.7xx and have been through the phase. M&B Warbands was a great success. It's proven to be a good platform for DLCs (paid mods). Bannerlord will be better with what we have seen so far. We are getting a sweet deal here, guys. M&B doesn't answer to a big publisher and as long as Warband and other DLCs make them enough profit to keep them going, they will continue to make Bannerlord.

Though, it wouldn't hurt if Taleworlds decide to switch to a proven success model though, like EU4 and CKII ... they made the base game with functionality and improve upon it gradually: I owned both game at the beginning and it looks and plays RADICALLY different and better now.

Has there been any talk of improving roleplaying elements (e.g., more in-depth interactions with NPCs such as followers, other lords, wives/husbands, and so on)?

Arzeal said:
I have been playing M&B since 0.7xx and have been through the phase. M&B Warbands was a great success. It's proven to be a good platform for DLCs (paid mods). Bannerlord will be better with what we have seen so far. We are getting a sweet deal here, guys. M&B doesn't answer to a big publisher and as long as Warband and other DLCs make them enough profit to keep them going, they will continue to make Bannerlord.

Though, it wouldn't hurt if Taleworlds decide to switch to a proven success model though, like EU4 and CKII ... they made the base game with functionality and improve upon it gradually: I owned both game at the beginning and it looks and plays RADICALLY different and better now.
I never considered the possibility that Bannerlord is their name for a DLC. That's actually a really good point.

FizCap said:
Bannerlord better be the best ****ing game ever if you guys have been developing this game before the birth of christ, no funny ****.

Let's just hope that the people writing the blog aren't in charge of the development cycle, or else we'll need to invest in some form of advanced cryostasis, if we're ever actually going to play it!

mj_vaez said:
what this forum is for? when no one from taleworlds is not responsive.

this thread is for the community to talk about this particular blog (not random things about Bannerlord). You can offer feedback (which they will read it), just don't expect they to answer you.

the official Bannerlord thread is for random talk about the game. TW shows up from time to time to answer some questions on the official thread.

as you noticed this thread went off-topic 50 pages ago  :mrgreen:

SenorZorros said:
this 44-page long thread

profile -:> modify -:> look and layout. You can change how many posts are displayed by page

so I guess you are half right. It has being 44 pages for you, and 66 pages for me  :lol:

^ another wonderful example of how this thread is off the rails and lost all meaning, we are now discussing how to count pages

I'm slowly starting to believe the guy that said the only thing they have worked on was the Main Menu. There's no other explanation for this. It was all a fluke, the footage they showed us was a warband Mod with a texture pack.

Back
Top Bottom