Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 13 - Weekending

Users who are viewing this thread

<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">Greetings ye faithful and thank you for coming to read the, somewhat belated, thirteenth of our here Bannerlord blogs. As promised, we're giving a rundown of what we showed at the PC Gamer Weekender (video below) in March, with some added detail, guided by the questions we received on the forums. Thanks to everyone who got involved whether directly asking questions or just discussing in general!</p>
<p><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bbrnPtybNd4" frameborder="0" width="560" height="370"></iframe></p></br> Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/15

I was wondering. About craft weapon system. Will there be added an option to make custom troop weapons. So like if you craft your own weapon and shield(if possible) you can make all of your troops wear it? Of course on some cost of your money

Can we make our own armor,shields or bows/crossbows also ?
How about building your own hideout?
Last year you show that there will be no loading screen when entering exiting tavern from city or market ,now we see that there is loading screen please respond and post more offten :smile:)

Daki said:
I was wondering. About craft weapon system. Will there be added an option to make custom troop weapons. So like if you craft your own weapon and shield(if possible) you can make all of your troops wear it? Of course on some cost of your money

I'd like to know if we have to develop a crafting skill to be able to have customized weapons.  That would be a shame. For many characters, it would make more sense to go to a master smith, and order something customized.

Edit: Whooops. The video answers this. My bad.

Don't take this badly Lust.. But i was expecting much more. You said that you will try to answer people's questions. You did not.

Yes, you did recap the Weekender stream demo and I am glad that you did it. But... (another but...) it took you more than month to do so. You asked people to ask questions so you can answer them, instead of answering, you just recaped the stream and did not add almost nothing new.

I don't know what actually made you to release it late and I hope it wasn't some sort of personal / TW problems, if so, Sorry.

You could just reconsider making the answer-thing blog as the recap is not what community wants... not at all.
So... I hope and wish best luck to you and if I can recommend you something, you should start communicating with community more. Maybe try to release weekly blogs about news in development (nothing big) and try to answer some questions...
It will do much more better for TW than hiding 90% of the game features and so...

Best regards,
Eduard.

We've been waiting 2 months for the same thing we've seen on PCGamer event + info that walls have strength stat? 2 months for answering the same **** we've heard during presentation? Not even new video? Are you serious?

Armagan, if you're reading this. Hire a community manager, please. A real one.

Northcott said:
Daki said:

I'd like to know if we have to develop a crafting skill to be able to have customized weapons.  That would be a shame. For many characters, it would make more sense to go to a master smith, and order something customized.

In the PC Gamer video, player character goes to blacksmith for his custom weapons, I think there will be no crafting at all - you just order things from masters.

CrepperTVRO said:
Can we make our own armor,shields or bows/crossbows also ?
How about building your own hideout?
Last year you show that there will be no loading screen when entering exiting tavern from city or market ,now we see that there is loading screen please respond and post more offten :smile:)

In the blog it is stated that you can only order custom melee weapons.

I really start to think that there should be an option to lock first person on servers ... just as an option not permanently. But so that you are not the only one having a slight disadvantage.

I was excited to see a new blog, but it looks like this is just a recap of the gameplay demo we've already seen. I'm eager to see this game released, and honestly at this point all I'm interested in hearing about is that the game has a fixed release date.

Hopefully you guys at TW aren't getting bogged down in feature bloat. The graphical update looks good, the changes to the setting are fresh and interesting, and the announced features sound like plenty of new additions. As long as Bannerlord is as welcoming to the efforts of modders as Warband, you won't have to worry about selling players on the amount content they will have available. Just polish and nail down what you've already got instead of trying to throw in every little request you see on forums.

The most important features to focus on improving versus Warband are sieges and faction management. If you do everything you did in Warband and take care of those two things the one Achilles heel of Warband's single player, the late-game, will be vastly improved.

Kragen said:
No worries, i still love you Taleworlds <3
As do I.

One feature we have added is wall strength, supported for both castles and towns, which affects behaviour and gameplay during a siege. From the town menu, you can immediately see who is located in the town and where they are currently located.
Now I found this to be particularly interesting.  Does it mean that there will be different tiers of walls, and if you have a higher wall level you will be able to have more troops and defences on the walls?

Also this:
MlNVU.jpg

Gazerbeam said:
I really start to think that there should be an option to lock first person on servers ... just as an option not permanently. But so that you are not the only one having a slight disadvantage.

+1
Server-wide POV-lock and more Admin control would be nice. FOV slider too.

Back
Top Bottom