Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 12 - The Passage Of Time

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello Bannerlord blog regulars and newcomers. In this entry, we are once again responding to your demands to hear more about single player gameplay - specifically, looking at the overworld map and some of the improvements made there. We revealed the map at Gamescom and mentioned some new features in the last blog. Here, we'll take what we've revealed and go into some more detail.

Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/14

They've said the world map AI is going to be very much improved, and the AI will play by the same rules as the player and make decisions on most of the same things like changing land use in villages (farms, castles). And the economic system is different, in that the goods sold in a town will depend on the correct raw materials being transported from the villages. In Warband I think there was no such real relationship; raiding villages and intercepting villagers had a small effect but it was just an arbitrary number reducing prosperity.

DanAngleland said:
They've said the world map AI is going to be very much improved, and the AI will play by the same rules as the player and make decisions on most of the same things like changing land use in villages (farms, castles). And the economic system is different, in that the goods sold in a town will depend on the correct raw materials being transported from the villages. In Warband I think there was no such real relationship; raiding villages and intercepting villagers had a small effect but it was just an arbitrary number reducing prosperity.
And now we know that raiding villages/caravans and aiding bandits will have an effect on the economy which sounds great.

Johan_Stormcloak said:
DanAngleland said:
And now we know that raiding villages/caravans and aiding bandits will have an effect on the economy which sounds great.

Question is, how will this affect the player faction/character? Will they only lose honour and relations with certain companions like in Warband or will there be a more global repercussion? I can'timagine that raiding villages/caravans and/or aiding bandits will go over well with the monarchs of the different factions.

I think I saw somewhere that inside factions there will be different clans. So is it possible that you will be able to attack a caravan from your faction, but a different clan?

Sekij said:
Why do people even wanna play it on their native language, i know that we are not all good at english but. . . . are you not interessted in the Mods  ? Because most mods are in English.

I Switched to English just for the Mods and would even play native in english.
I agree with you mate, I'm italian but i prefer play games in english and if I need a game in Italian i translate it.. Simple.

Anyway it's January and March is too far from now... :'(

you do have the advantage of Italian being quite related to English and at least using  similar alphabet.
also, do Italians learn English in school and to what extent do they?

dEcWbaW.jpg

BTW 'o mighty devs should ye see thy humble post and acknowledge thy humble existence, could you add optional HUDs for the enclosed helmets for realism/difficulty? One of the things I quite like about the Sands of Faith mod is that it has a toggle-able helmet vision that adds a significant difficulty spike (shooting anything with a crossbow with it on makes you feel like a god, same with being able to block on manual) for those who wish it. It also adds to the immersion of the game, and adds a negative to the massive armor boost the fully enclosed helmets in M&B typically offer.

Wyzilla said:
BTW 'o mighty devs should ye see thy humble post and acknowledge thy humble existence, could you add optional HUDs for the enclosed helmets for realism/difficulty? One of the things I quite like about the Sands of Faith mod is that it has a toggle-able helmet vision that adds a significant difficulty spike (shooting anything with a crossbow with it on makes you feel like a god, same with being able to block on manual) for those who wish it. It also adds to the immersion of the game, and adds a negative to the massive armor boost the fully enclosed helmets in M&B typically offer.

I don't think that if we would have a helmet like that that we would see only that... In the pic it's like your eyes are in the back of your helmet somewhere... :facepalm:

TheBarbarianGamer said:
I don't think that if we would have a helmet like that that we would see only that... In the pic it's like your eyes are in the back of your helmet somewhere... :facepalm:
That's what I was thinking when I looked at it.  For one thing, you wouldn't be able to see that top part,  and you would be seeing out of the holes, not actually seeing them.  Also the devs would have to spend a lot of time making different visors for different helmets,  so I don't think that they will do it.

TheBarbarianGamer said:
Stromming said:
I Like the idea, though the sight penalty should not be quite so much. What should be affected is mostly the peripheral vision, and not 80% of what you can see.

What is that?
Here, let me google that for you.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Peripheral+Vision

Sorry, couldn't resist.  :wink:

I would also like if they add a feature that if you wear heavy armor that you will move slower then when you wear light armor. I think that is in Warband already but you almost see no effect then... :???:

TheBarbarianGamer said:
I would also like if they add a feature that if you wear heavy armor that you will move slower then when you wear light armor. I think that is in Warband already but you almost see no effect then... :???:

Try it with higher athletics. I thought it was noticeable

Restricted vision with certain helmets on: I support

Do not look here said:
As far as helmet vision goes, this one is, I think, best approach I've seen.
If you could know how we made a decision to do that, you would never suggested it for BL.

Varrak said:
Add breath voice into that and perfect
We were thinking about that but did not find a good voice actress for female characters.

SenorZorros said:
you do have the advantage of Italian being quite related to English and at least using  similar alphabet.
also, do Italians learn English in school and to what extent do they?

Well i personaly learned english more from games and the Internet, often by just hearing so sometimes its really hard to type stuff when you are unsure how to write, i use very often Google Translater only to see how to write something.

Mhhh i also could speak Russian but never was in school so i learned the cyrilic alphabet only because i played back than alot of russian Ps1 games  :mrgreen:

I mean the most spoken language is Mandarin Chinese or something but for me most importand language was allways English because i life in Europe and many games are from EU or 'murica hell yeah also Japan (which i somehow learned a bit but that need alot more of learning unlike English im not surrounded by Japanese stuff). Anyway most games are in English and the internet has (especial Youtube and Wiki) is the best in the english part... even German, Italien and even some russian youtuber make English Videos like Metatron the Italien guy ^^ and that guy is a beast he knows a good amount of languages quite well like German, Latin (dont know if its much easyer for italiens to learn) and Japanese.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZdQSgbidn4

I dont know Langauge never was a problem for me in games, played alot of games i didnt understand and learned to untestand them. And for many games FAN's do the translation  :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom