Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 12 - The Passage Of Time

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello Bannerlord blog regulars and newcomers. In this entry, we are once again responding to your demands to hear more about single player gameplay - specifically, looking at the overworld map and some of the improvements made there. We revealed the map at Gamescom and mentioned some new features in the last blog. Here, we'll take what we've revealed and go into some more detail.

Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/14

Kazzan said:
Do not look here said:
I am also totally aware that I'm in minority that thinks even campaign map was kinda immersive and, I have to be honest, the faster day/night cycle (or however you want to call it) will impact only world map gameplay as you won't feel those changes in scenes (well, seasons' effects aside).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we have no evidence to suggest a faster day/night cycle.
Ugh, I worded it wrong, but I have no idea how to call it. I was addressing the part of quote about abstracting day/night cycle, i.e. single day being in fact four days, something like that. It still feels wrong to me, I like being immersed and addition of seasons will definitely help that, but then again we will have year that will last as long in-game as winter would in Warband.

I mean, in the end we will see how it plays, of course. But we all can agree that Bannerlord won't be some kind of dynasty manager that will last centuries. And with that out of the picture, I don't really see shorter years as justified addition, nor I see it as something easily switched off, if that whole economy and, presumably, crops and alike will be in.

TheFlyingFishy said:
ToyBoat said:
DroBlue said:
What i want to know if is there is going to be a napoleonic wars dlc for the upcoming multiplayer
I mean, probably? Why wouldn't there be? Have you seen all the mods for Warband?

For the reasons I gave. The NW community is nearly dead as is, and with all the new versions of it coming out in the near future there's no reason for Taleworlds to do another one sponsored by them, especially when the team that made the original NW is now a competitor. And making successive DLC of the exact same nature with each successive game in a series isn't normally done. If anything, after a few years of Bannerlord being out and producing some great mods, hopefully they'll pick up something new and wonderful that doesn't exist yet and turn it into a fully polished DLC.

Ill never understand why NW is so popular. Its bad roleplay and formations and it also includes guns which are always crap. Medieval ftw.

TheFlyingFishy said:
ToyBoat said:
DroBlue said:
What i want to know if is there is going to be a napoleonic wars dlc for the upcoming multiplayer
I mean, probably? Why wouldn't there be? Have you seen all the mods for Warband?

For the reasons I gave. The NW community is nearly dead as is, and with all the new versions of it coming out in the near future there's no reason for Taleworlds to do another one sponsored by them, especially when the team that made the original NW is now a competitor. And making successive DLC of the exact same nature with each successive game in a series isn't normally done. If anything, after a few years of Bannerlord being out and producing some great mods, hopefully they'll pick up something new and wonderful that doesn't exist yet and turn it into a fully polished DLC.
I'm presuming this guy isn't asking for a true Napoleonic Wars sequel from the same team, rather a spiritual successor on the BL engine... which, I'm going to say, is definitely going to happen in some way or another. I can't speak to the quality or popularity of it, but M&B thrives on its modding community.

Nice and good to know the game is still in progress only thing what I attended and maybe would be nice if that year cycle could be changeable to yearly - 6/3/1 monthly cycles would be more viable. Personally I don't care if need to wait a full year because in game the time is fast enough.

Do not look here said:
Uh, all right, I understand that stuff, but as I written earlier, I don't think that compromise is so good. That's literally a workaround to have stuff that took ridiculously short amounts of time in-game still take ridiculously short amounts of time in-game, only with date passing by faster.
If the date passing slowly relative to in game events doesn't bother you then I can see why this would be a bad deal. Tbh it wouldn't be a big deal to those of us who do notice it, but with the passing of seasons the disparity will be even more obvious.

I am also totally aware that I'm in minority that thinks even campaign map was kinda immersive and, I have to be honest, the faster day/night cycle (or however you want to call it) will impact only world map gameplay as you won't feel those changes in scenes (well, seasons' effects aside).
I'm kinda hoping that night/darkness will have a discernible effect in scenes, such as horses (and men) running more slowly, ranged troops having a shorter range (or less accuracy), that kinda thing. There was talk of possibly including an ambushing element, if so it would definitely play a part in that. Plus with the increase in bottleneck and control of them mentioned in this blog sneaking past will presumably be even mroe important.

The Bowman said:
I for one, don't really appreciate TaleWorlds decision of turning NW into a DLC. To be perfectly honest, it was better off as a free mod, since it lacked the quality of a good total conversion. The people who buy NW may create for themselves a general image that the company produces low-quality products, which isn't true.

This is so wrong that i wont even

Wulfburk said:
The Bowman said:
I for one, don't really appreciate TaleWorlds decision of turning NW into a DLC. To be perfectly honest, it was better off as a free mod, since it lacked the quality of a good total conversion. The people who buy NW may create for themselves a general image that the company produces low-quality products, which isn't true.

This is so wrong that i wont even

How is it wrong, when TaleWorlds releases a DLC under their wing? The casual people don't really care to know who really made it.

The Bowman said:

It was a multiplayer DLC that completely changed the way we play the game. Its a MP total conversion and I think its great while I much prefer dark ages/medieval it was a nice change. Would have rathered a American Revolution DLC though being American

What company/team made NW?

Dest45 said:
The Bowman said:

It was a multiplayer DLC that completely changed the way we play the game. Its a MP total conversion and I think its great while I much prefer dark ages/medieval it was a nice change. Would have rathered a American Revolution DLC though being American

What company/team made NW?

It may be great as a mod, but as a DLC: sorry, the quality does not keep up with the title. I really appreciate the work invested in the mod itself, but a total conversion released as a DLC should be much more polished to deserve that.

RASAS said:
is Shariz also going to be in the game as well ? I would love to hear about the historical lore of Shariz.
Given that the presumed predecessor of the Sarranid Sultanate is in the game, I'd say there's a fair chance some of their cities will be too.

I've been a little out of the loop about this game, but I have two major concerns:

Regarding outlaw gameplay, how will cattle stealing and village raiding work and how important will be the looting and tactics skill (for sacrificing less men when caught by a superior force)? Will the mechanics be similar to the original or can the raider just flee the village while looting? Are there outlaw factions or will you be on your own like the previous games? Not many people like this part but thats pretty much all I do at this point (no patience for prolonged campaigns and banquet/claimant exploit shenenigans lol).

Also, about recruiting, will there be standing/renown requirements like viking conquest?

The Bowman said:
DanAngleland said:
Hello SPQR, I seem to remember your profile name, did you make a Roman mod a long time ago?

The Hegemony series.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,98.0.html

Yepper. Wow. That seems forever and a day ago. :smile: Looking forward to Bannerlord.
I hope all is well. Thanks for the shout out. :smile:

jeehwanlee99 said:
So
Much
Hype

BTW

Guys I noticed something when watching the "seasons" video

Untitled_zpslkoiem8j.png

Now assuming the number of "?" represents the number of digits of party members (this is reasonable since small peasant parties are single digits, while larger caravan parties are in 2- 3 digits)
I think to answer all of your "will Bannerlord have larger battles" it would be partially YES.
4 Digit parties means in the thousands, with a possible max size of 9999

Notice how the party model for the 4-digit ? is a military horseman/rider?
Likely army-parties are going to number in the thousands now and Bannerlord will support much larger and epic battles

Which is good
For my beastily computer I wouldnt mind engagements in the tens of thousands

Man I hope you are right
Cause in warband.
I have this Battle Sizer set to 300 people max on the battlefield. Could handle it easily. BUT the seige battles? hunders of guys in one ladder or seige tower? thats a pain

NasserThani said:
jeehwanlee99 said:
So
Much
Hype

BTW

Guys I noticed something when watching the "seasons" video

Untitled_zpslkoiem8j.png

Now assuming the number of "?" represents the number of digits of party members (this is reasonable since small peasant parties are single digits, while larger caravan parties are in 2- 3 digits)
I think to answer all of your "will Bannerlord have larger battles" it would be partially YES.
4 Digit parties means in the thousands, with a possible max size of 9999

Notice how the party model for the 4-digit ? is a military horseman/rider?
Likely army-parties are going to number in the thousands now and Bannerlord will support much larger and epic battles

Which is good
For my beastily computer I wouldnt mind engagements in the tens of thousands

Man I hope you are right
Cause in warband.
I have this Battle Sizer set to 300 people max on the battlefield. Could handle it easily. BUT the seige battles? hunders of guys in one ladder or seige tower? thats a pain
I doubt we'll have many battles numbering in the thousands. Those question marks are probably placeholders for all the digits even invisible ones. ???? Might be 0078

Back
Top Bottom