Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 12 - The Passage Of Time

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello Bannerlord blog regulars and newcomers. In this entry, we are once again responding to your demands to hear more about single player gameplay - specifically, looking at the overworld map and some of the improvements made there. We revealed the map at Gamescom and mentioned some new features in the last blog. Here, we'll take what we've revealed and go into some more detail.

Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/14

DanAngleland said:
and for the effects to be more transparent to the player (something else they have previously talked of).
That's pretty much the main problem. You have a complex system with plenty of buttons and levers, but you don't have a display.

MadVader said:
Not literally, but it's simulated through increased prosperity, therefore more/cheaper town goods. It's possible that they made a literal conversion of some raw to finished goods (like they wanted to in Warband's player enterprise, according to unfinished code), but I'm not sure it makes much difference from player's viewpoint.

If anything, I was looking for them to simplify the economic model, as the one in Warband is a well-intended mess that still doesn't make economic warfare viable. Instead, they are expanding on it.

Either way the new system seems like it will be more transparent, which for me is an improvement at any rate.

UK5G-.jpg

I'm not so sure that the question marks equate to digits. These chaps look like traders to me, and that means they would have 100+ men. Not impossible if everythings being scaled up I guess.

vonbalt said:
OMG just noticed on the SS that shows praven that actually... there ARE roads! GET HYPE :party:

I saw them too, but that's not the case with other settlements. Maybe it's just a WIP matter, hence the big "Work in Progress" text on the top-right corner. I just hope they don't stop with adding some roads here and there, while ignoring most of the settlements.

Age of Empires II: The Densetsu said:
Not possible? It's a new game, not Warband.

If you're replying to me, than no, it's not, I once fought a battle with 2000 men and it took around 2,5 hours to finish it.

Hmm, now that I think of my battle, I was able to continue playing as one of my men, instaed of being forced to leave after my charachter fell unconscious, if there are in fact such big battles, it might be inevitable that you lose health before the very end, and the rest will be automatically resolved.

vonbalt said:
OMG just noticed on the SS that shows praven that actually... there ARE roads! GET HYPE :party:

If I remember well, there were roads in Warband, though they were only decorations, this might be the same.

Was that only in the Mount & Blade and/or Warband?

Tunacro said:

If you're replying to me, than no, it's not, I once fought a battle with 2000 men and it took around 2,5 hours to finish it.

Hmm, now that I think of my battle, I was able to continue playing as one of my men, instaed of being forced to leave after my charachter fell unconscious, if there are in fact such big battles, it might be inevitable that you lose health before the very end, and the rest will be automatically resolved.

:facepalm:

I was replying to the post directly above mine... 

kraggrim said:
These chaps look like traders to me, and that means they would have 100+ men. Not impossible if everythings being scaled up I guess.

kraggrim said:
I'm not so sure that the question marks equate to digits. These chaps look like traders to me, and that means they would have 100+ men. Not impossible if everythings being scaled up I guess.

Eh?

It's a new game so may not just be scaled up Warband army sizes. Perhaps in Bonerlord there will be trade caravans with 100+ people. Completely believable.
If you are replying to me, then no, it isn't.
I once played Warband and saw a smaller caravan then fell unconscious.

kraggrim said:
kraggrim said:

Eh?

Oh, my bad. I'm extremely ill with the flu and quite tired. Please forgive me.

No worries, and you're right that they may easily have changed party proportions. Those dudes have banners now that I look more closely, so could very well be supply/prisoner trains or something rather than merchant caravans anyway.

Edit: Lust mentioned a map text bug (or something like that) a while back, is that what the question-marks are? Seems strange he didn't address it in the blog. I guess it could be a way to hide the exact troop numbers from the player or something along those lines.

Pls make a German translation pls... We wait 4 Years. Pls Make a German translation !!!  PLS :grin: The Game was very komplex !!

Mfg Gallandir

kraggrim said:

No worries, and you're right that they may easily have changed party proportions. Those dudes have banners now that I look more closely, so could very well be supply/prisoner trains or something rather than merchant caravans anyway.

Edit: Lust mentioned a map text bug (or something like that) a while back, is that what the question-marks are? Seems strange he didn't address it in the blog. I guess it could be a way to hide the exact troop numbers from the player or something along those lines.

The Gamescom footage showed no problems regarding party numbers. Perhaps it's a bug.

Back
Top Bottom