Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 12 - The Passage Of Time

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello Bannerlord blog regulars and newcomers. In this entry, we are once again responding to your demands to hear more about single player gameplay - specifically, looking at the overworld map and some of the improvements made there. We revealed the map at Gamescom and mentioned some new features in the last blog. Here, we'll take what we've revealed and go into some more detail.

Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/14

I just found this http://www.osonslafrance.com/m-o-u-n-t-b-l-d-e-ii-bannerlord/  it has a new screenshot I haven't seen before , and also there is talk about , the npc staging rescue attempts to get their lords , you can give your allies a town or castle as bribe to join a war with you  and more stuff , its soo juicy :lol:

It's good of you to post it for those who haven't seen it, but the original article was summarised and the screenshot was posted two months ago in the main Bannerlord thread. In fact it is entirely taken from the April issue of PC Gamer (I have the magazine in front of me), even down to the quotes in bold red writing; you can see that the name of the journalist Phil Savage is at the bottom of the article.

l love how u can build your own camp and build  few things but I what id love is if you could build that camp into a village, town, city with of course permission from the kings land you build in, same with having your own merchant there. Love how you can build your dock, I would I love to build your camp with what you want and what you specialize in trading in your designated area :grin: say mayby breed and train your own horses that are good quality like the the champion coursers you used to get or even breed goats, sheep, cows, chick, pigs and sell them as live trade rather then cooked meat like you do with the cattle at villages, also have it so that say for example a lively pig that's killed gives you 4 meat and unwell pig gives 1 meat basically the quality of the animal gives you better meat and more meat compared to the ones that aren't looked after in your town. having that your town requires and upkeepof produce to the stables/farms to upkeep these animals say 5 bags of grain a week gives you great animals where as 1 bag of grain will on you give you crap animals, you can make a living of this, also then u can grow your own crop/ veg, just like having your Farmstead but you can have more than one and decide how much you want to produce. this I would love to see and add to the bannerlord 

First of all, I would like to say you guys made an awesome game series! Time flies when I am playing either alone or with friends. But I would like to suggest something to make it more fun. Me and some friends tend to start a sandbox campaign and see who ever does best in x amout of time but it is a shame that we can't all just play the sandbox campaign so we can either fight or join each other in battle. Could you make something that would make it possible to have a multiplayer sandbox campaign?

I am really interested  if it would be possible!
Thanks in advance

Bumpfoot said:
First of all, I would like to say you guys made an awesome game series! Time flies when I am playing either alone or with friends. But I would like to suggest something to make it more fun. Me and some friends tend to start a sandbox campaign and see who ever does best in x amout of time but it is a shame that we can't all just play the sandbox campaign so we can either fight or join each other in battle. Could you make something that would make it possible to have a multiplayer sandbox campaign?

I am really interested  if it would be possible!
Thanks in advance

RPS: A cooperative campaign is a holy grail for a lot of Mount & Blade fans. Is it a possibility?

Yavuz: It’s very difficult to do, not just because of the technical difficulty, but also to make things practically playable when we have two people doing wildly different things in real-time. One player might be trying to have a very exciting battle that is the climax of a very important experience, and one player just beforehand decides to go to town and look at the marketplace. These people have to be in the same gameworld and it’s very difficult to make sure that they’re both enjoying themselves and all having a great campaign experience simultaneously. It’s almost impossible without cutting down on what the game offers.

There may be another way to manage all of those things, by limiting the co-op to one kind of campaign. Let people play together as a party and have them always be together. That might be possible and that may be the the only kind of co-op that we can deliver. It’s something we’re experimenting with and that we have worked on. We’ll only officially announce something if we can make it 100% efficient and fun to play though.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/04/28/mount-and-blade-2-bannerlord-interview/

The feature I would like to see is the possibility for phased battles during a siege of a city, town or castle. Either supported through a modification or part of the game. Majority of siege battles in Mount & Warband are a bit dull in the sense that there is no difference between a city, town or castle.

Once you are on the wall, you are in. Simply units spawn at some pre-determined locations, sit in front and it becomes a turkey shooting. Major cities/towns in times of growth expanded thus creating multiple layers of walls or otherwise stated different sectors (e.g. rich and poor part) also containing various castles/barracks etc. within the walls. To give an example about what I have in mind, I take some cities from I hope and think everyone will know. Maybe not realistic but it can clearly proof my point... (L)

Minas Tirith:
A city from Lord of the Rings and it contains 7 walls with all a gate. Dividing the city into 7 different sectors. It can garrison a lot of troops but in Warband the troops would be split and spawn in groups each after another when killed/wounded. Probable the most suitable design would only be the outer wall. But What if you could manage your troops in such a way that you could divide your troops over the 7 walls and that the attacker requires to battle through all 7 stages (walls).

King's Landing:
It contains the red keep within the city and 3 hills (one with red keep on top) other have major buildings as well (Great Sept of Bealor and Dragon Pit). Siege can be divided in 3-4 stages.

Another way to phase a siege of city/town:
Another way to divide a siege is for example separate it into east-, west-, south- gatehouse and the keep. Depending on the defender and the size of his balls he surrenders after losing either 1,2,3 or all of the strategic positions in his city/town.

This does not really apply to castles as once breached there is usually no large obstacles in the way in terms of fortifications as walls or large (reinforced) gate doors.

Hello everyone, I am new here, I have just registered to the forums, and I am very very interested in the development of M&B 2 Banner lord.

My first question is, Will there be the use of Vehicles such as Ships in M&B 2? like the kind we see on M&B viking conquest?

Thanks

Riddim said:
Hello everyone, I am new here, I have just registered to the forums, and I am very very interested in the development of M&B 2 Banner lord.

My first question is, Will there be the use of Vehicles such as Ships in M&B 2? like the kind we see on M&B viking conquest?

Thanks

Nobody except the developers really know at this point.

I am a Mount and Blade fan and i recently saw news about Mount and Blade 2 Banner man.  :grin: :!: :lol: :mrgreen:

As a fan my question is will the game :fruity: incorporate elements of CK2 into the game such as heirs/children or something similar to that concept i really believe it would go big. :fruity: :fruity: :party:

Imperial cities and their icons on overworld map are same. This is very cool but Battanian settlements' icons are not a model of city. They look bad. I think they have to be more realistic and looking nice at least.

devpatel1 said:
Hi my self dev patel

I can't find much info on this topic.. :ohdear:
Hey yourself, dev patel1.
You can't find much info on this topic..Because , its the wrong one.. :ohdear:
Check this one out tho .. :ohdear: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,249537.0.html

I really hope not too much time was wasted getting the characters in bannerlord to "age" properly... I mean it's one thing to make Lords killable. That's great. But an aging feature seems like a waste of developer effort to me, when you consider what people really enjoy when playing M&B.... i.e. building up an army and becoming powerful.... (oh look, im apparently old now..  guess ill just die)

Back
Top Bottom