Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 12 - The Passage Of Time

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello Bannerlord blog regulars and newcomers. In this entry, we are once again responding to your demands to hear more about single player gameplay - specifically, looking at the overworld map and some of the improvements made there. We revealed the map at Gamescom and mentioned some new features in the last blog. Here, we'll take what we've revealed and go into some more detail.

Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/14

I didn't demand anything... I gave my personal opinion and expressed a personal concern.

Replying and contradicting somebody without making sure to understand what they are saying makes no sense either

I'd like to see people visibly age during battles, maybe even drop from a horse of old age. Obviously, horses would need to age too and horse-breeding should be an integral part of the game, just like in Minecraft.

Echtel said:
This totally ruins sandbox feeling and takes away a big chunk of the fun for me. I hope if it is indeed the direction the Bannerlord is taking that we get an option to turn that off, or at the very least that they make it very easy to mod...  :meh:

They said 12 weeks will mean an age at Bannerlord. So it may take around 4000 in game days (50 years) for a medium aged character to die. I think these are a lot of gameplay days.

Please make aging optional for the player and possibly NPCs. If the player grows weaker and dies of old age this forces an endgame.

mike56 said:
They said 12 weeks will mean an age at Bannerlord. So it may take around 4000 in game days (50 years) for a medium aged character to die. I think these are a lot of gameplay days.

That is true, but without fully knowing all the implications of this feature (on character exportation for example), I'm simply saying I hope I'll have the option to play Bannerlord in the same way I play Warband. Besides I don't like to have time limits imposed to me in a sandbox game, no matter how large.

Varrak said:
I didn't demand anything
Echtel said:
Johan_Stormcloak said:
the yearly cycle has been shortened to twelve weeks, which adds more importance to the changing seasons and ageing of characters.
So does that mean that heirs are confirmed?

My goodness please no...

Tell me we are not going to have "time limit" for our characters... PLEASE...

Okay, my bad.

I still don't see where I demanded not to add this feature. In that post I simply make it clear I don't like it

Good stuff, but I hope we'll see some actual footage by the end of the year. Remember that siege video "comign soon" for like a year now?

Also, I noticed that the rivers freeze over during the winter. Is that visual only, or that might allow, for instance, small parties to cross rivers without the need to use the bridge?

Sir Pwn-A-Lot said:
Good stuff, but I hope we'll see some actual footage by the end of the year. Remember that siege video "comign soon" for like a year now?

Don't get your hopes up for this year. Actual footage may be shown in the beginning of March, during the PC Gamer Weekender.

This looks interesting and great but.... Please dont make a year opass in 12 weeks.
Let the terrain and climate be more consistent and longer lasting.

Captain Lust said:
Hello Bannerlord blog regulars and newcomers. In this entry, we are once again responding to your demands to hear more about single player gameplay - specifically, looking at the overworld map and some of the improvements made there. We revealed the map at Gamescom and mentioned some new features in the last blog. Here, we'll take what we've revealed and go into some more detail.

I am not impressed in the slightest

you started on this game in what 2011 developing?
the trailer, to call it a trailer is an insult to trailers, it was just a load of gibberish
every single blog you write is a load of waffle with very little detail on the actual product
even the video blog was just 6 minutes of talking about grass shaders

It clearly is a 2017 release as i quote this from taleworlds website  ``  Look forward to more Bannerlord news next year ``

If this was a gta or something i would understand, but this is a patheticly poor lazy elongated excuse for a title at this point.

It is almost like napoleonic wars (FSE) and you guys are competing on who can have the worst pr!

Thoroughly enjoyed the video. It looks quite beautiful.

This may have been announced already, but something I noticed was that villages can now be conquered independently from the towns! No wonder we can now build citadels in the villages. :smile: This alone is a vast improvement and will make for very different gameplay! :smile:

One thing though. A 12 week "year" seems rather...short? The seasons are going to rattle by really quickly. I know a lot can happen in a M&B day - sometimes a single day alone can feel like a week or more, so much can happen, and one can go a long way in a short time (but will this still be true in Bannerlord?) -  but still... a twelve week year? I can kind of see why you might need to shorten the year, but why shorten it to a mere three months? Shortening it to 6 months would have seemed enough to me. But then, I haven't playtested it to death like taleworlds, and maybe there is some game mechanic reason why 6 month years won't work so well?

Pilum said:
Sir Pwn-A-Lot said:

Don't get your hopes up for this year. Actual footage may be shown in the beginning of March, during the PC Gamer Weekender.
what? you mean it won't be out before then?
I think the original took them less time to develope and they had to start from nothing.
also, they let us help them with open beta...

Also, I noticed that the rivers freeze over during the winter. Is that visual only, or that might allow, for instance, small parties to cross rivers without the need to use the bridge?

Or battles on ice :smile:?

can't say im satisfied with the devblog, it lacks the excitement and info other blogs had. A question I have is if there will be patrols we can set. It always seemed stupid to me that enemies can advance to the most geographically safe village on the far end of your empire and raid it or conquer it while there are like 10 settlements in front of them that makes the border between you and them.

Comments on the video: Sturgians master race.

578 said:
can't say im satisfied with the devblog, it lacks the excitement and info other blogs had. A question I have is if there will be patrols we can set. It always seemed stupid to me that enemies can advance to the most geographically safe village on the far end of your empire and raid it or conquer it while there are like 10 settlements in front of them that makes the border between you and them.

Comments on the video: Sturgians master race.

As i said in my post above, i am also far from impressed with this patheticly slow development    :evil:

Back
Top Bottom