Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 11 - Some Context

Users who are viewing this thread

<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">Hello all!</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">As many of you may have noticed, we have been rather busy! Last week, we visited Cologne, Germany to attend Gamescom, the largest game conference in Europe. While there, we took appointments to demonstrate some Bannerlord gameplay to the world's media. Along with this, we released a few videos which were used as part of our presentation.</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">It has been great to see the excited response to the clips and we're very pleased that your feedback has been so positive! Of course, the game is still very much in development and so we had to make decisions about what to put in the videos and how it would be presented.</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">Here, we have compiled some of the highlights, along with a small smattering of new footage, which we want to present to you the community, along with a little explanation about some of the features.</p></br> Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/13

:grin: i think it is great' that we can make our own weapons now. and yes i also want to slice into any direction :grin: . and i really hope as mount and blade fan. that they gonna do it. i really hope the devs/taleworlds will listen to us.  :grin: for it is us' that shall play this awesome game and who they' shall sell the game to.
When it is possible I will buy the game  :grin: anyway i can't wait to play this awesome game.  :grin:

Imagine how epic it will be playing with your friends and going into battle together! Like one of you with his men taking the siege tower, another the battering ram etc. The Marshal/King should chose whether the lords should have control of their own men in the battle or if he controls all of them  :smile:

Also it would be cool to add the hitting shield animation from Viking Conquest to the ai in Bannerlord just for immersion  :grin:

Otherwise i'm extremely hyped for Bannerlord it really looks great!  :cool: :lol:

Rungsted93 said:
Also it would be cool to add the hitting shield animation from Viking Conquest to the ai in Bannerlord just for immersion  :grin:

Otherwise i'm extremely hyped for Bannerlord it really looks great!  :cool: :lol:

Shield bashing was one of the most annoying features in VC until I found out how to disable it.

I have been playing M&B for 10 years now, and the one reason I'm still sticking with it is the combat system. I like the game that's built around it, but it's still all about the combat for me.

I am then somewhat concerned after seeing this footage, because the combat shown in the video is 99% identical to the combat engine in original M&B, which was made over 10 years ago. I was really hoping to see some more advanced features like a proper parry system, more realistic blocking (e.g. no blocking of 2h sword with a butter knife), or physical attacks.

Ofcourse we haven't seen anything on combat yet, but I really hope that it won't be the same as it's 10+ year old predecessor.

Mithras said:
I have been playing M&B for 10 years now, and the one reason I'm still sticking with it is the combat system. I like the game that's built around it, but it's still all about the combat for me.

I am then somewhat concerned after seeing this footage, because the combat shown in the video is 99% identical to the combat engine in original M&B, which was made over 10 years ago. I was really hoping to see some more advanced features like a proper parry system, more realistic blocking (e.g. no blocking of 2h sword with a butter knife), or physical attacks.

Ofcourse we haven't seen anything on combat yet, but I really hope that it won't be the same as it's 10+ year old predecessor.

Well we really haven't seen much combat, but I don't expect it too be totally different, it's a sequel after all. And 10 years, really, when did people get to play Warrider first?

CaptainLee said:
57 days to build a Castle? It took two guys four weeks to lay my bloody flooring.

I got those peasants all wrong.  They are machines.

next time try 20 guys working 20hours a day with only a 15min break. It will be done a little faster. They may revolt and kill you tho, so buy a good sword just in case.

CaptainLee said:
57 days to build a Castle? It took two guys four weeks to lay my bloody flooring.

I got those peasants all wrong.  They are machines.

Well, if you pause in the video when the 'Castle' tab is pressed it shows: "Needed work days: 249"
So yeah, it seems a reasonable time. Almost 2/3 of a year.

What's with all the people complaining about hitting multiple targets with one swing? Isn't that obvious that huge 2H sword should kill 2 pesants wearing some rags? First one would get cut in half/get his guts spiled while second one would take hit big enough to get killed. Ofc it wouldn't work with actualy armored opponents.

Anyway, good stuff, looking forward to it. With every blog I lose my interest in Warband and I just want to play Bannerlord :grin:

M1SZ3L said:
What's with all the people complaining about hitting multiple targets with one swing? Isn't that obvious that huge 2H sword should kill 2 pesants wearing some rags? First one would get cut in half/get his guts spiled while second one would take hit big enough to get killed. Ofc it wouldn't work with actualy armored opponents.

Anyway, good stuff, looking forward to it. With every blog I lose my interest in Warband and I just want to play Bannerlord :grin:

Hid you watch a movie before posting this?

This is how you build an immersive game world, and immersion is a very important part of my gaming experience. This game is looking better and better with each new blog update. I simply cannot wait to play it.

However, I do have one issue regarding the character animations - the characters just seemed to float. They don't have any momentum and they are able to change direction almost instantly. This kind of upsets the immersive gameplay, and as another user has pointed out: the combat system doesn't seem to have changed at all from the previous game. I know that adding weight and momentum to characters is not just as simple as adding in animations (coding will ovbiously be required). But, I feel it will help add depth to the combat system in a way that characters could try to catch an opponent off-balance - either through parrying, kicking, or the attacker missing after a big swing of a heavy weapon.

I'm sure Taleworlds will do something new with the combat system. They've vastly upgraded every other aspect of the game. I can't see them forgetting such an important part.

Rothrod said:
the combat...LOOKS THE SAME.

The combat in warband is very good, probably the most impressive and interesting feature of the game! Because of that I was so hyped for this new game, and I thought that they were going to IMPROVE it.
Now, for what we know, this super-fantasy swing is the only new feature in the combat.

Looks the same? Only new feature is the 'fantasy swing'? Look again. Someone should put one of the battle scenes in a split screen video alongside a Warband fight scene; the general look of the NPCs is different- look at the looter fight in slow motion* and watch the NPCs (*Youtube quality settings; the cog icon at bottom right of all videos). The weapon animations are different, bloody wounds instantly show up on bare skin precisely where they were struck by a weapon, there are improved death knock down animations that depend on the direction of the attack, and NPCs don't face hug, keeping intelligent distance both to avoid being hit and to engage at an effective range with their own weapon. We read about that last feature in the latest blog and also saw it in the looter fight scene. In the blog it also says that NPCs will try to surround their enemies as well, a big improvement on the mindless pile up behind the first NPC that we have in Warband.

Back
Top Bottom