Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 11 - Some Context

Users who are viewing this thread

<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">Hello all!</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">As many of you may have noticed, we have been rather busy! Last week, we visited Cologne, Germany to attend Gamescom, the largest game conference in Europe. While there, we took appointments to demonstrate some Bannerlord gameplay to the world's media. Along with this, we released a few videos which were used as part of our presentation.</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">It has been great to see the excited response to the clips and we're very pleased that your feedback has been so positive! Of course, the game is still very much in development and so we had to make decisions about what to put in the videos and how it would be presented.</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">Here, we have compiled some of the highlights, along with a small smattering of new footage, which we want to present to you the community, along with a little explanation about some of the features.</p></br> Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/13

p_T85.png

Yes, I did it.

Though that is balanced by the power of larger, stronger weapons to hit more than one foe with a single swing!

I'm seriously disappointed. This is NOT the right way to go. Mount&Blade was supposed to be as realistic as possible while still keeping it fun. This is a step into the fantasy world direction.

KuroiNekouPL said:
Though that is balanced by the power of larger, stronger weapons to hit more than one foe with a single swing!

I'm seriously disappointed. This is NOT the right way to go. Mount&Blade was supposed to be as realistic as possible while still keeping it fun. This is a step into the fantasy world direction.

It might only hit 2 units though, the primary and secondary hit. Let's see how this would be implemented.

Covert village to castle eh? I don't understand why you add that sort of thing in game. I think, that is definitly not good. We can see on mainmap a lot of castle to similar each other and each village will be lost. Very good!

argon45 said:
Covert village to castle eh? I don't understand why you add that sort of thing in game. I think, that is definitly not good. We can see on mainmap a lot of castle to similar each other and each village will be lost. Very good!

Actually no, you don't convert a village into a castle. As I understand it, a village has four plots of land connected to it. One of those plots can have a castle constructed on it. The village is still a village but now there is a castle connected to it which the townspeople can run to for safety - thus saving more lives than if they had just hid in their homes. This is balanced against the fact that villages have limited plots of land and having a village using every plot for economic purposes would maximize your profits.

However, if they decide to let us convert a village to a city then that would have a similar effect to your proposal. I'm sure our modders would be happy to put in such a feature if the devs do not.

Either way, villages have become a lot more useful in this installment that is for certain. Still, I would like to know if we could raze structures and upgrades on plots of land already built by npc lords and re-purpose said plots.

KuroiNekouPL said:

And i was always marvelled by how you don't end up slicing through two raggedy weak peasants wearing cotton parallel when the one doing the hacking is a huge armored knight with an even bigger 2h sword. Taking in consideration the combat system, i think it's a huge step forward. Most likely the force behind the attack will be calculated somehow, so you won't have peasants blocking full-power attacks with their tiny torches and sticks.

Asulador said:
It might only hit 2 units though, the primary and secondary hit. Let's see how this would be implemented.
Still unrealistic. If things like this did happen, they were extremely rare. And I bet in game they will happen every other time you swing a great sword at a crowd of enemies.

I guess we can all agree that we definitely need more information about the most important part of the game revealed at gamesco.

BOARD GAMES!

Seriously now: I am not sure about the two handed weapons hitting two targets in one swing.
I mean: it sounds cool but if I think about it that might happen only if you either cut the first target in half and then hit the second (yes, it should be just as awesome as it sounds) or if you just "graze" (partially hit) the first target and then your swing continues to hit the second.
In any other case you weapon should not be able to "pass through" the first target: what am I getting wrong?

Back
Top Bottom