Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 11 - Some Context

Users who are viewing this thread

<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">Hello all!</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">As many of you may have noticed, we have been rather busy! Last week, we visited Cologne, Germany to attend Gamescom, the largest game conference in Europe. While there, we took appointments to demonstrate some Bannerlord gameplay to the world's media. Along with this, we released a few videos which were used as part of our presentation.</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">It has been great to see the excited response to the clips and we're very pleased that your feedback has been so positive! Of course, the game is still very much in development and so we had to make decisions about what to put in the videos and how it would be presented.</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">Here, we have compiled some of the highlights, along with a small smattering of new footage, which we want to present to you the community, along with a little explanation about some of the features.</p></br> Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/13

Grumpy181155 said:
nomad1414 said:
Will we be able to swim in Bannerlord ?
Umm. I dunno.  Can you swim now?  :lol:
Can you swim wearing armour, carrying a sword and a shield? And throwing axes. And a bag of javelins. With mail mittens on your hands and plate boots on your feet.

How far away from an alpha release?

Its been in development now for 4 years that we know of, so there must be an alpha or early beta build in the pipeline somewhere.

I want to play this all ready, but i'm not going to lie, my enthusiasm is starting to die down.
The logs on  bannerlord are not released every month- they are sporadic, the last one was august, before that march.
That being said I am willing to fork in for a pre order now (maybe with alpha/beta access).
I all ready upgraded my rig in anticipation for warhammer total war, so after April I think I will of lost interest in this if there is still little to show.

But on the community front- why are the blogs not rolled out on a month by month basis at least indicating what you guys are doing and that this game is not dead in the water and where you are in development.
Why don't you have a Q+A section in these blogs so guys can get answers about what to expect.
The floating question is "how far along are you?" we all know its 2016, but is that January or December or some point in between.

I cant be the only one to start thinking these guys don't much care for the community that has built up around taleworlds and M&B as a series...

nocturnalfox said:
How far away from an alpha release?

Its been in development now for 4 years that we know of, so there must be an alpha or early beta build in the pipeline somewhere.

I want to play this all ready, but i'm not going to lie, my enthusiasm is starting to die down.
The logs on  bannerlord are not released every month- they are sporadic, the last one was august, before that march.
That being said I am willing to fork in for a pre order now (maybe with alpha/beta access).
I all ready upgraded my rig in anticipation for warhammer total war, so after April I think I will of lost interest in this if there is still little to show.

But on the community front- why are the blogs not rolled out on a month by month basis at least indicating what you guys are doing and that this game is not dead in the water and where you are in development.
Why don't you have a Q+A section in these blogs so guys can get answers about what to expect.
The floating question is "how far along are you?" we all know its 2016, but is that January or December or some point in between.

I cant be the only one to start thinking these guys don't much care for the community that has built up around taleworlds and M&B as a series...

If they were forced to show us something new every month or so, then they would be forced to develop a new feature every month.
Which then would lead to many unfinished features and a ****ty game on release.
So by not giving us an update every month or so, they are showing us that they want to create the best game they can.
Choose between a company that cares for their community and wants to make a really good game, which also includes waiting for updates.
Or a company that does not care, but shows us an update every month and in the end the new game just feels like the old game with a few changes here and there.

Eh no. You DONT have to create a new feature every month to be able to show something every month  :facepalm:

A small blog can be not only of the features, but small battle reports, some showing just graphics update. Other showing some styles of armors. Others explaining ONE single faction more thorougly, while another month you get a little glimpse of other factions. One can be a small blog of how the diplomacy would work out. Others of the melee system. Multiplayer. Gameplays. One about the music. etc.etc.etc .etc

Basically what this company is doing: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-13-primitive-civilizations.897491/

And BTW, they had 13 dev diares since the game was announced. And it was announced in gamescom, which was where we got all our info the last time.

So basically: 13 dev diares for 1 Taleworlds blog.

AND OH HEY, its by Paradox, they publsihed Warband!!!

Basically: Taleworlds is being lazy. That is it. The fact that they dont give info regularly AT ALL does NOT means that they are doing a good game, and does not means its bad either. Its just means that ever since the first Mount & Blade came out, Taleworlds STILL hasnt learned a freaking thing of community management and marketing their game.

Hell, their announcement video is pretty much some **** made in Windows Movie Maker with some retarded quotes and no quality whatsoever.

And their lack of presentation still appears at their latest video, where most of it was about some in game board game features which i like yeah, but NOT THE MAIN POINT, and with a worse than Warband voice acting.

Therefore, Taleworlds has still to learn how to do some marketing and ACTUAL quality presentations of the game they are developing.

Wulfburk said:
Eh no. You DONT have to create a new feature every month to be able to show something every month  :facepalm:

A small blog can be not only of the features, but small battle reports, some showing just graphics update. Other showing some styles of armors. Others explaining ONE single faction more thorougly, while another month you get a little glimpse of other factions. One can be a small blog of how the diplomacy would work out. Others of the melee system. Multiplayer. Gameplays. One about the music. etc.etc.etc .etc

Basically what this company is doing: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-13-primitive-civilizations.897491/

And BTW, they had 13 dev diares since the game was announced. And it was announced in gamescom, which was where we got all our info the last time.

So basically: 13 dev diares for 1 Taleworlds blog.

AND OH HEY, its by Paradox, they publsihed Warband!!!

Basically: Taleworlds is being lazy. That is it. The fact that they dont give info regularly AT ALL does NOT means that they are doing a good game, and does not means its bad either. Its just means that ever since the first Mount & Blade came out, Taleworlds STILL hasnt learned a freaking thing of community management and marketing their game.

Hell, their announcement video is pretty much some **** made in Windows Movie Maker with some retarded quotes and no quality whatsoever.

And their lack of presentation still appears at their latest video, where most of it was about some in game board game features which i like yeah, but NOT THE MAIN POINT, and with a worse than Warband voice acting.

Therefore, Taleworlds has still to learn how to do some marketing and ACTUAL quality presentations of the game they are developing.
Yes, but if they showed us things like a minor tweak, we'd all be *****ing:
GOD THIS INFORMATION IS GARBAGE I HATE TALEWORLDS BLAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHFEFHKEFHEKFHEJKFVEEJKFELLFJEIWIL
I would prefer a full, well-rounded dev blog once every 4 months to trash info once every month.

Lets think logically- you work 4-5 days a week for an entire month.
Surely you can spend 10 minutes of your time and have something to show for it, not neccasarily new features but something.
Whether its ironing out bugs, modelling, rendering, texturing, rigging, or art.

Hell you could talk forever about just those categories, not being able to add a blog every month smacks in the face of coordinating with your community.

Aint about new features, its about actually showing what you are doing, how far along are you and what is left to do.

I think They Regret startinng a Blogging  :shifty:
I think one in the team said that they apologized for not release blogsmore often and promised us to release them more frequent...BUT
..Yeah we all know what happend to that  :grin:

nocturnalfox said:
Aint about new features, its about actually showing what you are doing, how far along are you and what is left to do.
The thing is, they keep developing engine as they go. They don't just keep putting new stuff on something that already works, just think about those screenies that got leaked some time ago - people *****ed and moaned how bad are the graphics, while it was quite obviously something put together to test battle features, just judging by the debug info that was also visible there.

For blogs they have to put all they've got together and, judging by Captain Lust's post in main Bannerlord thread, when they did it for the next blog, they discovered graphical glitch that interferes with what they wanted to show, link for reference:
Captain Lust said:
Right now, there happened to be a problem with the way the text on the map (showing the names of settlements is rendered) due to a new feature added, which ironically is part of the main subject of the blog post

I heard that M&B Warband is coming to current gen consoles.  If so, do you have any idea of when that would be available?  I only ask this because my computer is garbage and convincing my wife to let me build/buy another one is like negotiating with a terrorist.  I have over 1000 hours logged just on the vanilla version.

You know what they say, never negotiate with a terrorist  :wink: Mind you, some countries do, and you will probably feel the need to do the same. Unfortunately, there has been no mention of when it will be released for consoles.

At the end of the day this game is starting to rapidly lose steam with me.
I was on the band wagon at the start of that first blog- 4 years ago.

But now I'm like Eternal crusade, game thats been in development for less time has more to show and they are in constant communication with their community on a daily basis, on both External media (ie facebook) and internal (their OWN forum).

I don't like destroying peoples work or criticising them without due cause, but these guys at tale worlds need to do something, allocate a person to CM status and throw barrel loads of info at them and they can break it down and show what they think (via the communities input) should be shown.

I mean even their FB page is always like "standby for more info on bannerlord" but they don't actually say anything about it till the blog.

And do you want to know the finisher, it will still be 2-3 years after release before M&B:B hits its peak- thanks to the modding community.

nocturnalfox said:
At the end of the day this game is starting to rapidly lose steam with me.
I was on the band wagon at the start of that first blog- 4 years ago.

But now I'm like Eternal crusade, game thats been in development for less time has more to show and they are in constant communication with their community on a daily basis, on both External media (ie facebook) and internal (their OWN forum).

I don't like destroying peoples work or criticising them without due cause, but these guys at tale worlds need to do something, allocate a person to CM status and throw barrel loads of info at them and they can break it down and show what they think (via the communities input) should be shown.

I mean even their FB page is always like "standby for more info on bannerlord" but they don't actually say anything about it till the blog.

And do you want to know the finisher, it will still be 2-3 years after release before M&B:B hits its peak- thanks to the modding community.
I remember when back in 2012 I was hyped by this game, the fact is I've even completely forgotten about it til today because out of the blue I've decided to try WFaS again (big mistake, WFaS is garbage), and I've grown extremely tired of Warband (I've played almost all the major mods, and I still think Floris was the best, yet I've played it for so long that I can't even think about or I get depressed).
Anyway, now I'm 27 y.o. My enthusiasm with gaming has diminished greatly (I mean I am reluctant to play anything and have being 2 years since my last game purchase). Bannerlord seemed promising back when announced, still the weird PR from TW made it die on me, at this point I don't believe it'll be any good but I won't bash it without seeing it.

My point is TW's PR sucks, as well as their Marketing, you see, I've stumbled accross Bannerlord on Google, pure chance, if not I wouldn't remember it at all and even tho I did I don't believe I'm going to play it at all given all factors I've mentioned above. So do yourself a favor TW and start worring about Marketing, otherwise your company is most likely to die off... =/

PS: And the 4 year old announced was a big mistake, you've created hype and have left it for granted, well, 4 years is way too long to announce a game and give nothing but a few scarce and omissive blog updates... As a matter of fact that's an amateur move given that even you don't know the ETA for it, just some doubtful and inconclusive "2016" doesn't cut it...

mrericdude said:
I heard that M&B Warband is coming to current gen consoles.  If so, do you have any idea of when that would be available?  I only ask this because my computer is garbage and convincing my wife to let me build/buy another one is like negotiating with a terrorist.  I have over 1000 hours logged just on the vanilla version.
My God, dude!  Grow a pair, state your case and if she gives you any lip, punch her in the other eye.  :razz:

Lord Brutus said:
mrericdude said:
My God, dude!  Grow a pair, state your case and if she gives you any lip, punch her in the other eye.  :razz:

Reported for masculism.

Reported for implying that when a man is punching a woman isn't masculine behaviour, but only when a man is punching another man.

Back
Top Bottom