Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 10 - Materialistic Approaches

Users who are viewing this thread

HTML:
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm; line-height: 0.34cm;">Hello all Mount & Blade players, curious individuals and accidental Mount & Blade blog readers! We hope you are having a wonderful 2015, so far and that you enjoyed our previous blog by Finn Seliger, covering the music of Bannerlord.</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm; line-height: 0.34cm;">This time, the blog comes right from us and we're going to be touching on an interesting new feature for the single player, something we know a lot of you want to hear about.</p></br> Read more at: <a href="http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/12">http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/12</a>

Tarkanin Kilibine bakiyordum buraya geldim :smile: asdadsad  :mrgreen:

Adama bakin Yav taa New York´ta :grin:

Biride diyor Konsollara cikar diye bir garip Sayfada ama halbuki tek belki olur demek nerden cikacak oluyor pek anlamadim.

Only one Screenshot about this ? Now give us an Gameplay Trailer and please come this Year to Gamescom 2015 in Cologne !!!

Bloglar güldür ma çiçahtır.

What is going on here :grin:

About the blog, you have been working on the game for 5 years and all you share is a bartering screenshot? I start becoming disinterested. It should have been the exact opposite situation...

Edit: By the way, the screen looks like Civilization V's trading screen.

Edit 2: It's pretty good but not the greatest feature ever, I expect much more better features.

Edit 3: And I forgot to state that I liked the feature. Sorry for posting like I hate Taleworlds :grin:

Well, this was pleasantly unexpected.

I hope you're going to bring the interface to a more Medieval-ish look as you progress.
Edit: New resource: clay. Horses confirmed too.

Oh boy, that barter system is going to be awesome. Period.

So I guess the diplomacy system will be more oriented, so will the barter and politics system, right? I also hope that we would be able to give fiefs to our companions like in WB.

Not to mention the interface is very well-made and very similiar to the games which are quite popular so far.

Looking really great! Bribing, and peace talks are the features that should really be worked on to have different types of outcome. 

I always wanted a feature that would dictate terms of peace and something like a simple Casus Belli System.

3JbI0.gif

Well, that sounds nice. Hopefully we'll be able to have some kind of diplomatic immunity or something, so that player can freely roam enemy's lands, with maybe restricted amount of soldiers, and try to talk ruler and vassals into peace.

It'd be hilarious to barter a fiefdom for blocks of cheese to a country/lord who is rather poor and/or their fiefs are not producing grain. Hopefully, an economy system that would alter values like food created, trade created, troops created and so a country could be caught in a situation where they had no food to supply their armies. In turn they have to stoop so low as to trade some of their empire in order to bring that back into balance.

An economy system like that could really take advantage of this window as THINGS (food, weapons) are placed on a scale along with political entities.

However would this lead to a system where a really rich merchant could buy up fiefdoms, or will there be modifiers in place, such as no right to rule, that would prevent a self respecting lord from handing out territory to the working classes. Or inversely, if a lord were so poor that their denar value modifier gets so high that it could even compensate for a no right to rule modifier.

A BIG downfall to these sorts of bartering systems, like they are implemented in Total War is everything is unexplained. Please follow the crusader kings II model where one can see the modifiers applied to every deal so as to inform the player precisely why a trade cannot be struck. Simply plopping things at random onto your offer screen to get the result you want is a seriously tedious and terrible feature of total war and civilization, to the point where the only real solution is to simply not engage in any meaningful diplomacy. The other big issue with AI negotiation is that bartering involves guile, but one can never beguile an AI. the AI will either agree to terms it sees as suitable, or not. That is to say, the AI will always make the completely rational decision. Unless, like in CKII, one can find ways to introduce the irrational.

some comments as per the windows design.

Fonts: Either this font needs changing or its kerning tables need to be drastically adjusted. there is no good reason why on the words MAIN HERO the space between M and A or H and E are so god awfully large. OR in the word Mijayet J and A are so close together. This, combined with the fact that the font used is really a titling font and not a reading font, makes the interface difficult to read.

Transparent background: potentially background elements could obscure the text or at least make it difficult to read. The font itself is not bold enough to be held against anything but its value(ie blackvwhite) antithesis.

Text: Why are Fiefs plural but prisoners and items are not. Either the label is referring to things abstractly, when singular, or not, which would be plural.

Icons: The icons could differentiate in color depending on type. Food, fiefs, weapons and people should definitely all be different background colors to further color code items. On the whole I dont feel that individually the icons are serving any great purpose, with the exception of fiefs, because the icons themselves are largely unreadable independent of the text. Hides could be hides, or it could be a moccasin.Cheese could be bread or bread could be cheese etc etc.

Lastly: considering much of the time the player has a massive list of items in their inventory at any time, certainly late game, Placing them above diplomacy (at the opposite end of fiefs) seems like an arbitrary decision that leads to player frustration at scrolling through a massive list to reach related items. Instead, considering values are assigned conditionally, why not make it so each category could be collapsed, and by default the ones that are expanded would depend on their relation to the player. A king might have fiefs and diplomacy expanded by default, where a merchant will have items etc. 

ps why does the interface have to be composed entirely of varied shades of pale yellow/beige.

Back
Top Bottom