Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 10 - Materialistic Approaches

Users who are viewing this thread

HTML:
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm; line-height: 0.34cm;">Hello all Mount & Blade players, curious individuals and accidental Mount & Blade blog readers! We hope you are having a wonderful 2015, so far and that you enjoyed our previous blog by Finn Seliger, covering the music of Bannerlord.</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm; line-height: 0.34cm;">This time, the blog comes right from us and we're going to be touching on an interesting new feature for the single player, something we know a lot of you want to hear about.</p></br> Read more at: <a href="http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/12">http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/12</a>

Armagan said:
You are right. We'll try to release blogs much more often from now on.  :oops:

Wow  :shock: This is a realy good news. Something, that i hoped to see during all long years then i waited for Bannerlord. Now i rly can smell that Bannerlord is real.

And maybe some kind of blockers to prevent players from abusing the barter system;
Let`s say your village is being raided and you can find a friendly lord who is willing to exchange his for yours. That wouldn`t be fair to the AI i think and to an extent to the player, it would be like a way of gaming the game if you will.
Perhaps limiting some barter options by categories...only at war...only at peace...both.
But i am sure you guys have thought of all of this :smile:
Man i`m barely containing my enthusiasm here  :party:

Nice to see they are adding some depth to the game. But i'm honestly not impressed. They seem to use plain and outdated methods, without any intrigue or complexity. All these years waiting and we get a mere alpha-stage trade screenshot? haha, tell me about slow paced development. Will the game feature a coop or was this just a rumor? whatever the outcome is thank you for delivering us a good game. great or not, this game will certainly be at least good. and another question: will all the music be like in the demos you released or we will get some warband-like music as well?

Seeing where the diplomacy, politics, trading etc systems are going is certainly important and exciting. But what i'm really eager to see is where they are taking it with the warparty management, the battle system (both massive as an army and personal), and the strategics.

Docm30 said:
masterhound3 said:
All these years waiting and we get a mere alpha-stage trade screenshot? haha, tell me about slow paced development.

Games are typically in alpha for about 80-90% of development.

Thanks for your interesting insight sir. But allow me to note that this wasnt exactly the point here. The key word was "a trade screen". I mean... no gameplay video..? no other in game mechanics..? maybe it's too early for that? who knows. only the developers know haha.

Mr redwood36 although not flawless, your ideas certainly have some merit. You make some interesting suggestions here and there.

masterhound3 said:
. The key word was "a trade screen".

well, go back, read the blog again (it is not that long, even if it is not a video).

Done?

Ok, I guess now you wont say stuff like "a trade screen". Dont get it yet? Read it again.  :lol:

I like the concept of new interations between players and AI, and even more for the AI-AI part. Making the game more alive and dynamic is a important step forward.

Bring more news soon!

Cheers

kalarhan said:
masterhound3 said:
. The key word was "a trade screen".

well, go back, read the blog again (it is not that long, even if it is not a video).

Done?

Ok, I guess now you wont say stuff like "a trade screen". Dont get it yet? Read it again.  :lol:

I like the concept of new interations between players and AI, and even more for the AI-AI part. Making the game more alive and dynamic is a important step forward.

Bring more news soon!

Cheers

Have a nice day.

Thanks Masterhound, and Rallix also for the earlier props.

Regarding icons and iconography. It might be too late, but if at all possible it would be more immersive/flavorful to use iconographic language from the time setting this is based on.

astrology1-lg.jpg

These, while too tightly spaced, are largly fairly clear icons of the information they intend on rendering to the viewer. You needn't look much further than native istanbul, where i'm sure there are examples of stuff to be found in the museum for common things like grain and fish. edit: that is to say,  in the museums there is sure to be a big database of images concerning the ERE.

Different fonts depending on what you're reading/viewing might be kinda cool. But I don't know if that's even possible, let alone what the outcome may be. Just a thought, really.

Vraelomon said:
Different fonts depending on what you're reading/viewing might be kinda cool. But I don't know if that's even possible, let alone what the outcome may be. Just a thought, really.

Excuse me sir. A bit off topic. Why does your username write vraelomon and your logo below writes vraemolon? is it a typo or a secret message of some sort?

masterhound3 said:
Excuse me sir. A bit off topic. Why does your username write vraelomon and your logo below writes vraemolon? is it a typo or a secret message of some sort?
Why, it's the mark of the secret cult that we have here at taleworlds, of course. Someone else could explain in more detail  :wink:
Before we get off topic, there was something else I wanted to say...
Oh right! I wonder how much facial expressions will tie into bartering. That was it.

Vraelomon said:
I wonder how much facial expressions will tie into bartering.
Yeah I thought about that too. They could pull an L.A. Noire where you have to read the facial expression to gather their inclination. Something tells me that won't play too well to the players who like the details, which i think many WB players are.

I was also thinking about facial expressions being a big part of it, because they would essentially have to be with that much screen real estate devoted to the character.

Cardinal rule of UI design (i.e., assuming you're not Bethesda Softworks, who have been in a flat spin ever since Morrowind -- possibly the best modern UI ever, but things got... worse) is to increase the size and accessibility of elements based on their relative importance.  If the character's face isn't a critical feature (and with all of that work into making characters have facial expressions according to the previous blog posts, that'd be a shame) then it needs to be buried behind more useful information.

DanAngleland said:
Quidam said:
looks like a consolised version for trade to me. Why two list like that, and not an inventory?

What do you mean by inventory in this context? What better way to present available items for trade than as text?

Well the classic drag and drop, wich mean less scrolling. Better management of your inventory, etc...
I would have prefer something like that.

On second thought, this new system work well with the addition of fief, and "other" wich aren't items. So, may be it's better this way. I don't know...

Facial expressions to determine their feelings towards the deal? sounds great. Shouldn't they implement personal bias as well? For example if he is your friend and your likeness level is high for him, shouldn't that make deals easier for you?

Back
Top Bottom