Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 10 - Materialistic Approaches

Users who are viewing this thread

HTML:
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm; line-height: 0.34cm;">Hello all Mount & Blade players, curious individuals and accidental Mount & Blade blog readers! We hope you are having a wonderful 2015, so far and that you enjoyed our previous blog by Finn Seliger, covering the music of Bannerlord.</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm; line-height: 0.34cm;">This time, the blog comes right from us and we're going to be touching on an interesting new feature for the single player, something we know a lot of you want to hear about.</p></br> Read more at: <a href="http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/12">http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/12</a>

Might like to see an option where the bar meant to express willingness to accept a specific barter was a little more rp and a little less formulaic. Admittedly, a difficult concept to game-ify...

I hope the satisfaction meter can be disabled, I don't really like it when I try to immerse myself. In many game (like total war or CK2, EUIV ...) you either know if they accept it or refuse it, I like when there is more of a grey area. And I hope the IA won't have absurd demand like in total war game.
Otherwise I really appreciate the barter option !

Mijayet sure is a great village to pillage !

Well this looks awfully familiar  :lol:

Duh said:
I am looking for somebody to do pretty presentations for my eco system. Everything is supposed to be osp.

To be more specific, it would be a barter presentation that replaces the native inventory trading and works with the player proposing deals and the merchant making a decision on whether its sensible to agree to the proposal or not (based on the market, relationship, trading skill).

M.png

I love it. Though as was stated before - a satisfaction meter might be a little distracting. An alternative would be comments and/or counter offers by the AI.

Ok great, I like it but couldn't you show us more? Its been five years on now, maybe you could start putting more details about the game in the blogs or how about just updating us more often?

Red_Lancer said:
Ok great, I like it but couldn't you show us more? Its been five years on now, maybe you could start putting more details about the game in the blogs or how about just updating us more often?
Totally agreed! Or they announced the game waaay too soon or this is taling forever to complete. We could use some more screenshots/gameplay.. People will lose interest in this game..

dragos said:
Edit: By the way, the screen looks like Civilization V's trading screen.
The idea is much much older.

Two questions.
1. Still bald people. Is there a hair care problem in new Calradia or are flapping hairs still in deep work?

2. There is "other" on batter screen. I wonder if that will be possible to trade a quest advance and future reward through the batter screen.

Many thanks to everyone for all the wonderful comments.

redwood36:
What can be exchanged depends on the status of the characters doing the barter. Towns can only change hands in a barter between two faction leaders, so a player playing as a merchant cannot purchase a fief from a kingdom, regardless of how desperate the kingdom is. We also take into account a lot of factors when calculating the value of something, and it is a good idea to include right-to-rule in evaluating recipients of fiefs.

We are planning to add to each exchangeable item on your side an indicator showing its value to the other side. This will hopefully make it much easier to construct deals. Showing modifiers would also be very helpful, but I can't say how feasible this would be in our system.

Thank you for your feedback on the font and the window design. We are in the process of redoing this and a few other screens. Also, categories can indeed be collapsed and expanded, although we forgot to mention this in the article.

Red_Lancer,  mike56:
You are right. We'll try to release blogs much more often from now on.  :oops:

Further thoughts:
It's interesting to think what the game and/or mods could do with such a window. If fiefs, a none-object, can be traded like objects, could one for instance, trade for wives? What if one could use this window to say, supplant a personality. Say how King Ragnar will more likely give fiefs to himself than Gravis, if one could somehow replace that personality trait through this window. Or if you could convince NPC's to change culture, specifically when dealing with the Village Elder? Their buildings mightn't change, but one could supplant the people.

Then in turn one could have modifiers for success/happiness of a village depending on its surroundings. Certain cultures might also be more likley to experience the malus, and others less. For instance, the Empire might be very accepting of foreign neighbors, but the Sturgians (for example) might hate foreigners.

Another example could be religion conversion, if there is to be religion at all. Even so, mods can do it, like VC did. Letting the categories be mod-able/being open minded about what could be there would make for some interesting potential gameplay opportunities.

Armagan said:
Many thanks to everyone for all the wonderful comments.

redwood36:
What can be exchanged depends on the status of the characters doing the barter. Towns can only change hands in a barter between two faction leaders, so a player playing as a merchant cannot purchase a fief from a kingdom, regardless of how desperate the kingdom is. We also take into account a lot of factors when calculating the value of something, and it is a good idea to include right-to-rule in evaluating recipients of fiefs.

We are planning to add to each exchangeable item on your side an indicator showing its value to the other side. This will hopefully make it much easier to construct deals. Showing modifiers would also be very helpful, but I can't say how feasible this would be in our system.

Thank you for your feedback on the font and the window design. We are in the process of redoing this and a few other screens. Also, categories can indeed be collapsed and expanded, although we forgot to mention this in the article.
Thank you for the reply Armagan!

Modifiers: If there was some indicator (say if you hovered over their portrait, but there is likely a better solution than that) that would popup where it would display their various needs as the game understands them. ie:

Poor harvest, is eyeing your grain carts
or
Loves horses, this man would trade his daughter for a fine charger
or
Heavy drinker, likes vintage wines
or
Ambitious, this person would give anything to increase their estate
Or it could be
horses +1
Feifs+3
etc.
Or some such, im sure you all can think of better examples.
Menus: Indeed, I imagined there was an intent to make menus collapsible. Re fonts, if you send me the font you use in the game I can kern it myself if need be. Please, please consider font readability. Thanks for your time!

Back
Top Bottom