Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 1 - Hairy Artists

Users who are viewing this thread

<p>Fans of the Mount&Blade series and passing readers, this blog is intended as a source of insight to our world of game development and the TaleWorlds family. Our offices are a series of rooms on a long corridor. Each room physically hosts a different team with a different focus, mirroring our actual team based development structure. This week's blog will discuss the artists' team, known to us as artist takimi (Turkish).</p></br> Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/2

They took care of that in later patches, low-level quests become unavailable once you progress in the game.
However, this means that there are even less quests, not really a good thing.

What I've found works is to implement a large variety of quests, particularly interesting ones, with varying difficulty and a variety of possible (sometimes randomized) rewards. Seems obvious. :smile:

Rallix said:
Give us more options, don't make us people's water-boys, and make the quests have lasting visible effects.
Agreed. We all know the 'deliver letter to X lord' quest. Suppose, when you got that quest during wartime, you had a couple options.

Option 1: Deliver the letter. Don't look at it or let anyone else look at it; don't take it anywhere except where it needs to go; keep your nose out of what doesn't concern you.  After that, nothing really changes. Yours has been a minor task, and it has no effect upon the world. However, you do get a bit of money and some relation points out of it.

Option 2: Open the letter. If it's war document (for example: troop orders), you can take it to the enemy who will pay you well for it, but you'll face questions back home when the letter doesn't show up where it's supposed to have done so. You'll risk pissing off many of your kingdom's nobles (and any other friends you may have) if your act is discovered, and you could also be banished or arrested if anyone finds out. This would also have an effect upon the world map, as your faction's forces may be disorganized if the orders were not received, while the enemy faction will know the planned movements of your faction's troops, and may act accordingly.

This is just the foundation of what could be done with even a 'simple' quest such as this one. There could be many more options, all depending on the contents of the letter. If the letter is from a castle requesting support, giving the letter to the enemy might mean they will attempt to take the castle while it is vulnerable. This would have similar consequences as Option 2 above. If it's a love letter to another nobleman's wife, you could sell it to the husband and watch the **** hit the fan. Here, the consequences are that you will have permanently pissed off both the lover and the lady if anyone finds out who you gave the letter to. 

@Arvenski
You do quite often deliver mail to enemy lords as well, at least when you are just starting and are without a faction. What would happen then?

Rydmer said:
@Arvenski
You do quite often deliver mail to enemy lords as well, at least when you are just starting and are without a faction. What would happen then?
I'd say, a random chance of finding out that the one who sent you to deliver it is actually aligned with the enemy, or to have it discovered that you opened the letter, and he wasn't disloyal, decreasing your relations with the lord who sent you.

General rule of thumb goes that you are supposed to post in threads about what the OP is about. There are a lot of exceptions to this, but that doesn't mean to throw the book out.

The thread was originally to be called "the corner where recruits and GM knights equally jizz off right next to each other", but then that was too long. I guess.

Oh God it's a Horse archer Guy. Reported for chosing wrong avatar.
seriously, change it. The horse archer is evil.
P.S. where is my blog with fat people design  :cool:

Great work, folks at TW, the hair looks great, not to mention the face textures and those shaders in the background.

I had a dream last night that Bannerlord would just be like another WFAS; Warband but with different units and a few added functions and animations. Thank god it was but a dream!

When can we pre-order? I haven't stopped playing it since I bought it like 4 or 5 years ago or something. Love this game!
Also, the new facial graphics and textures look amazing. Great job guys!

Back
Top Bottom