Mount&Blade Font Customiser {1.4} | By Swyter

Users who are viewing this thread

1. Thx, I should've known.
2. Brilliant news! That way it will be easier to include lots of features. I am, however, now talking about 1.011, so will check out the iron launcher
3. Alright... just to be sure... this (spoiler beneath) is a postshift problem, with character g. Right?
mb33.jpg

Jezze said:
Swyter said:
:?: What the heck says the upper guy? ^

Never mind, mixed the things up and came to a complete wrong conclusion.

'The upper guy' is my boss  :razz:, so be nice to him.

Verbeek said:
3. Alright... just to be sure... this (spoiler beneath) is a postshift problem, with character g. Right?
mb33.jpg
True, you need to add ~2-3 more poshift to the "g" (put it also "-1" preshift). Look at the "p", it is lightly displaced, needs ~1-2 + of poshift.

Edit: I forgot to tell you where to find a Decimal Unicode Character map. Look here the best thing you can found:
http://www.utf8-chartable.de/unicode-utf8-table.pl?utf8=dec

Here some examples, later you can find the correlation...
"g"=103
"p"=112

PD: Good mixture with the background color, the chromatic contrast it's superb... it looks better than the original. Usually people wants to put some ugly resized ultra detailed pics as bg. It's good to see some talented graphic designers here.

If you want to hear read a tip, create a custom font shadow (editing the FONT.DDS RGB channels, not alpha) This is used in the battle rolling text and city/party map labels. It will look outstanding. The only difference from amateur to expert, details...  :wink:

Verbeek said:
'The upper guy' is my boss  :razz: , so be nice to him.

Ha ha!  :smile: Good point!

Does it work well in generating Chinese fonts? I've tried it, but seems only generating english letters.
Could you tell me something about it please, Swyter?  :grin:

massimolippi said:
Does it work well in generating Chinese fonts? I've tried it, but seems only generating english letters.
Could you tell me something about it please, Swyter?  :grin:

Yeah, Alixang requested me that functionality some time ago... (and here) you should download the 1.4 version. Unzip the file. and open a text file named chinese chars.txt (?) or something related. You can find some starting comment files (#) where it's explained how to configure the program to add the chinese alphabet.

It works fast, but select first a well known compatible chinese font.

If you have doubts, don't worry and ask me as you want...  :wink:

Swyter

PD: It should work with every Unicode letter, so technically every language it's compatible with Font Customiser adding the proper plugin (that you can easy make playing with the configuration file parameters).

Thank you for replaying my post and sorry for my late reply. :smile:
I have tried a little according to your instructions, however, there are something I didn't know very well.
1. what can I do with these chars lines in ChineseFontChars.txt
2. In config file, I find only this:
EXTENDED_CHARSET_IS_ACTIV = ON/OFF
ECHARSET_CONTENTS_TYPE = 1
EXTENDED_CHARSET_CONTENTS_TYPE = 1
EXTENDED_CHARSET_CONTENTS = chars=1425-1441,1443-1465,1467-1476,1488-1514,1520-1524
EXTENDED_CHARSET_FILE = ChineseFontChars.txt
What can I do for it?
Need I delete "extended_"?

massimolippi said:
Thank you for replaying my post and sorry for my late reply. :smile:
I have tried a little according to your instructions, however, there are something I didn't know very well.
1. what can I do with these chars lines in ChineseFontChars.txt
2. In config file, I find only this:
EXTENDED_CHARSET_IS_ACTIV = ON/OFF
ECHARSET_CONTENTS_TYPE = 1
EXTENDED_CHARSET_CONTENTS = chars=1425-1441,1443-1465,1467-1476,1488-1514,1520-1524
What can I do for it?
Need I delete "extended_"?

Well, you should follow the instructions located into ChineseFontChars.txt:

# EXAMPLE OF A CHINESE FONT CHARMAP (Alixyang is specially interested)
# CHANGE MBFC TO THIS CONFIGURATION:
# Enable Charset, charsetcontentstype = 1, charsetcontentsfile = ChineseFontChars.txt
# (!) IT TAKES A LONG TIME (1 HOUR) AND IT SLOW A LOT THE COMPUTER

It's easy, but if you have problems with the process. I'll explain them more heavily.

HOW TO CREATE A CHINESE FONT FOR MOUNT&BLADE WITH FONT CUSTOMISER
            in four simple steps

1. Open the configuration file [Mount&BladeFontCustomiser.ini]

2. Activate the extended charset, locating the following lines and changing the parameter:
Code:
--ES: Puedes añadir nuevos caracteres al programa activando ésta opción    ON/OFF
--EN: You can add new chars to the program activating this option   ON/OFF
EXTENDED_CHARSET_IS_ACTIV = OFF

change it to...

Code:
EXTENDED_CHARSET_IS_ACTIV = ON

3. Now the ext. charset is activated, to get the file full of characters loaded into the program go to...
Code:
-- 1 > External file      2 > From EXTENDED_CHARSET_CONTENTS line

...and make sure the 1 option is selected, otherwise it will not load any file...

4. Finally go to the following section...
Code:
...and make sure that the option points to the right file...

I left all the options configured to Chinese as default, so you should only activate the extended char set, and enable the new "Chinese" checkbox of the program, create a font as usual and you're done.

Enjoy!

Hi,

I've been messing with this tool for a bit. I managed to somehow correct font size issues in the xml file, but I still have two questions:

1) for some reason the text on buttons is moved down (I'll supply a screenshot later). Is there a way to correct that in the xml as well?

edit: here's the screen:

offsetTextFontBug.jpg

2) is it possible to make outlined fonts?  (I guess it probably isn't, but I'm asking anyway. We have quite dark background in a few places and I'd love to have a black font with a white outline, so that it's readable)
Turns out it is possible using a custom shader.

Merlkir said:
Hi,

I've been messing with this tool for a bit. I managed to somehow correct font size issues in the xml file, but I still have two questions:

1) for some reason the text on buttons is moved down (I'll supply a screenshot later). Is there a way to correct that in the xml as well?

edit: here's the screen:

offsetTextFontBug.jpg

2) is it possible to make outlined fonts?  (I guess it probably isn't, but I'm asking anyway. We have quite dark background in a few places and I'd love to have a black font with a white outline, so that it's readable)
Turns out it is possible using a custom shader.

Hi there, Merlkir :smile: Good to see TLD's final touch.
Well, in previous versions it wasn't possible to change the vertical align. Luckily for you, after my first testing campaign I managed to add a solution due the lack of standarization of these Windows TrueType fonts (.ttf)

As always, deep into the configuration file, looking for this line:
Code:
-- ES: Puedes cambiar la altura de la linea de las letras, en los botones y menús, en algunas fuentes se ven muy arriba o muy abajo
-- EN: You can change the font line height, at the buttons and menus, in some fonts it looks too down or too high

-- 55 by default \ por defecto
WORD_LINE_HEIGHT = 55
Fifty-five. This it's the suitable number for normal stuff.
For this kind of title/decorative fonts you're using try values between 70 or 75. Look at my simple but illustrative sketch.

75-70  <------------ 55 ------------>  25-20

EXAMPLE
                |
                EXAMPLE                    |
                                                                    EXAMPLE

A little tricky, but working. With some experience, making fully functioning good-looking M&B fonts it's a piece of cake.  :wink:

Right! I'll try that, many thanks!

The only remaining problem with our font is that the numbers are quite small. There isn't a way to make certain characters larger, right? We'll have to edit the dds?

is there a way to add a font to the .dds/data without removing the standard english font?

I'm trying to make english lettering when you use lower-case, and daedric when you hold shift. anyone know what to modify in the font_data file to do this for multiplayer?

Splintert said:
is there a way to add a font to the .dds/data without removing the standard english font?

I'm trying to make english lettering when you use lower-case, and daedric when you hold shift. anyone know what to modify in the font_data file to do this for multiplayer?

That's exactly the reason I created Font Customiser Lite.
Use it for creating valid templates using the native letter positioning. Download a daedric font from the Internet. Launch my program. Choose it as font, pick a font descriptor (
Code:
Font_Data.xml
) from Vanilla, Warband or any other module font created with my other program. Generate the font grid/template and later use your favourite bitmap editor (Gimp or Photoshop) to easily replace the already positioned chars.

The "Boxed Chars" option it's to show you the real limits or the current charset map descriptor (
Code:
Font_Data.xml
)

Hope that helps. It's really easy. But mainly for successfully make font for the Vanilla game.
Good luck with your Oblivion mod.

I feel rather noobish. I downloaded this and used it to create a font based on Old London (from Dafont.com), but when I drop the .dds thus created in the texture folder of the mod and start the game, all the text is invisible.

I read through the thread to see if I'm missing a step, but I came up with nothing. Any ideas?

Llew2 said:
I feel rather noobish. I downloaded this and used it to create a font based on Old London (from Dafont.com), but when I drop the .dds thus created in the texture folder of the mod and start the game, all the text is invisible.

I read through the thread to see if I'm missing a step, but I came up with nothing. Any ideas?

This tool it's more than 2 years old. It needs a complete rewrite.
Two main reasons. I've learned some little more things since then, and the *cof* source code is lost *cof*.  :mrgreen:

I'm working on it. Here I leave you work in progress, an appetizer:

Some new Icons. Did you like them?
ieuCLC.png
ieu85y.png

And... the new UI...
L4ooa.png

Oh. Crap, I'm too accustomed to the Un*x slashes. Yeah I know.

I want to Thai languages

3cats1.jpg

1cats2.jpg

cats3.jpg

Thai does not show.

I used http://translate.google. Translation into English, if spelling wrong I am sorry.
Thank you for answer.

this is key code.
48 = 0
49 = 1
50 = 2
51 = 3
52 = 4
53 = 5
54 = 6
55 = 7
56 = 8
57 = 9

65 = a
66 = b
67 = c
68 = d............... 90 = z

ก = ?
ข = ?
ค = ?
ง = ?
จ = ?
ฉ = ?
ช = ?

I don't know code of thai languages  :sad:

<character code="??" page="??" u="??" v="??" w="??" h="??"

newaxekub said:
I don't know code of thai languages  :sad:

Oops, I'm really sorry, Newaxekub... I thought I had already replied. Look here:
http://www.alanwood.net/unicode/thai.html

The Thailand letter codes are from 3585 to 3675 (decimal). So simply add them to the program with the Extended Charset System.

1. Open the
Code:
Mount&BladeFontCustomiser.ini
with a text editor.

2. Modify the following lines:
Code:
--ES: Puedes añadir nuevos caracteres al programa activando ésta opción    ON/OFF
--EN: You can add new chars to the program activating this option   ON/OFF
EXTENDED_CHARSET_IS_ACTIV = ON
Code:
--ES: Este es el nombre que aparecerá en el programa de tu distribución de caracteres (Chino, Árabe,...)
--EN: This is the name that appears in the program of your character's distribution (Chinesse, Arabic, ...)
EXTENDED_CHARSET_NAME = Thai
Code:
-- 1 > External file      2 > From EXTENDED_CHARSET_CONTENTS line

EXTENDED_CHARSET_CONTENTS_TYPE = 2
Code:
--ES: (!) CUIDADO, UTILIZANDO MUCHOS CARACTERES EN EL MISMO ARCHIVO DE TEXTURA PUEDE QUE TOMEN PARTE UNA ALTA GAMA DE VARIOPINTOS ERRORES :D (COMPROBADO)
--EN: (!) CAUTION, PUTTING HERE MANY CHARACTERS IN THE SAME TEXTURE FILE MAY CRASH THE PROGRAM OR OTHER STUPID PROBLEMS :D (CHECKED)

EXTENDED_CHARSET_CONTENTS = chars=3585-3675

And run the tool. You'll see that now a new checkbox named 'Thai' appears. Enable it. Select a font that supports Thai letters. And click on "Create my own Font". That's it.
Open the
Code:
FONT.DDS
file with Gimp of Photoshop, and there should be some familiar symbols. :wink:

Sorry for the delay. And hope it works.

EDIT: Here you have a complete list of some Unicode Thai fonts, most of them for free.

I know that the last post in this topic was four months ago, but I just found this tool and I have to say, it`s awesome! Working great with every font what I have.
BTW. Any news about new version? Would be great.
I will add you to credits, as a "thank you very much" :smile:

PS. Why I can`t see some of my fonts? Is there any way to add them manually?

Back
Top Bottom