Mount&Blade Font Customiser {1.4} | By Swyter

Users who are viewing this thread

Tercero said:
umm is it possible to fix the problem with the accents in, for example, the spanish translation?

(ES) Depende de la fuente que elijas, yo tambien soy español y todas las fuentes que he probado tenían los acentos bien puestos, prueba con fuentes un tanto menos exóticas...  :grin:

(EN) Depending of the font that you had chosen, I'm spanish too and every font that Ive tried have accents good positioned, try with not too many exotic fonts... :grin:

PD: Thanks to everyone that have supported my software, youre the best feedback mates  :smile:

at the first 3 minutes, the program had done all things needed,  but what the next hour to do ?

the program can only use a english named Chinese font: Microsoft  yhenghei  ,
no where to set font size and space between fonts.

however, it's one of the greatest work I had saw on this forum!

I tried out the latest program and its looking great, nice work.  All my TrueType fonts didn't appear in the list tho, is it limited to only certain ones or something?    Here's some screenshots of one I did try...

HokieBT said:
I tried out the latest program and its looking great, nice work.  All my TrueType fonts didn't appear in the list tho, is it limited to only certain ones or something?

First, find this file. (Should be located next to the actual font customizer).
s.jpg

Then, scroll down until you find this:
x.jpg

Change "OFF" to "ON" and it should read all the other fonts (although, for me atleast, it sometimes takes a few tries).

Hope that helped.  :smile:

The Mount&BladeFontCustomiser.ini doesn't seem to contain any settings for what fonts to scan, its done automatically when the msg_building_font_list text is displayed when the GUI loads.  Most of my fonts appear in the list, but there are a few TrueType fonts that work in a program like Word but not in this program.  Its not a big deal, I was just curious if there was something I could look at or change, etc.  Also, you should update the text on the first page and you may want to re-compile with a 1.4.1 version number in the GUI, since when I first read the documentation and saw 1.4.1 mentioned I though I might have downloaded the wrong version, etc.  Anyway, very nice program!

HokieBT said:
The Mount&BladeFontCustomiser.ini doesn't seem to contain any settings for what fonts to scan, its done automatically when the msg_building_font_list text is displayed when the GUI loads.  Most of my fonts appear in the list, but there are a few TrueType fonts that work in a program like Word but not in this program.  Its not a big deal, I was just curious if there was something I could look at or change, etc.  Also, you should update the text on the first page and you may want to re-compile with a 1.4.1 version number in the GUI, since when I first read the documentation and saw 1.4.1 mentioned I though I might have downloaded the wrong version, etc.  Anyway, very nice program!

Hmm... Do not appear some fonts in the list? :shock: I will to fix this, (this probe that Im the most stupid programmer in the entire M&B history :grin:) Well this will be solved in the next version, post your suggestions and post feedback (and you can appear in the thanks section  :grin:, Ohh a heaven honour :wink:)

:!: Temporal solution:
1. Open Font Customiser (not customizer) and configure it normally, close it, your settings have been saved in [MB_FONT_CUSTOMISER_CONFIG] section in "Mount&BladeFontCustomiser.ini".

2. You can see Font_Name=<selected_font>, replace those font by yours, previously installed in your system (write the font name as appear in word or the program that you want)

3. Open MBFC and Bingo... ready to use!  :smile:

Happy Hollydays, community  :grin:

Swyter said:
@Darwin

Some Fonts have variable sizes, you only should try to change "WORD_LINE_HEIGHT "  :idea: parameter in Mount&BladeFontCustomiser.ini  :mrgreen: config file. Try to put 20, 25,.. essay and error... this solves your problem.

Bye  :smile:

thanks, but... there was a 100 in my file?

in the comment it says, that the default is 55, i tried this and it worked...

Well, if you`re too lazy and dont want to download MBFC zip file, here is a link with the Documentation, totally online, and easy (it runs thru Flash)

MBFC DOCUMENTATION PAPER ONLINE [1.4]
http://www.embedit.in/PnsEqhhJEP

Happy summer!  :grin:

PD: ahhh... about that 55 :wink:, Well,  :oops: , I was testing everything and I forgive, testing and testing... and see that  :roll:

Noboby is perfect!  :eek:

Gaxleep said:
I'm sorry, my request was already solved in previous posts.
Thx anyway.

No problem, post every dude doubt you have and I will solve it, live to serve...  :wink:

Gule said:
It seems impossible to use fonts you have downloaded yourself, is it?

That is not true, before you must install the font file in the "Fonts" directory, reboot the computer and later select it from the list.
It should appear... if not...  :roll: well you can follow the other solution that I have posted some time ago.

Greetings, and I'll start the next version the next week ( :eek:)

Swyter!!! Great work on 1.4, but please after releasing a new version go to the top of your thread and click "Modify", make changes to the title and the post and we'll find the new versions easier.

Lumos said:
Swyter!!! Great work on 1.4, but please after releasing a new version go to the top of your thread and click "Modify", make changes to the title and the post and we'll find the new versions easier.

Thanks for the tip, Ive update all the post... of my program

I've used this customiser.. and perfectly replaced the default font with something more fitting...
But i'd like to increase the distance between the letters. they're packed too closely, especially the town and village names on the world map.

Does anyone know how to change this?

Screenies:
mb10l.png

mb11m.png

Verbeek said:
I've used this customiser.. and perfectly replaced the default font with something more fitting...
But i'd like to increase the distance between the letters. they're packed too closely, especially the town and village names on the world map.

Does anyone know how to change this?

Of course, that distance it's defined by the True Type font you're using, some boldie fonts does not look good, you can solve this by replacing the Post Shift in FONT_DATA.XML, example:

Code:
postshift="16"
change it to
Code:
postshift="20"

You also should think that boldie fonts are hardy readable in the tutorial's text block and some menus... Use a more lighter one.  :wink:

Hope that helps!

Naamloos-2.png
It didn't look very boldie, until in-game :razz:

I've increased it with 10 now, and it looks okay on the map,.. 
mb21.jpg

mb18-1.jpg

it's just that it's too big and wide nearly everywhere else. I might change it to +8, but this will still be an issue.

mb14.jpg

mb17-1.jpg

mb20.jpg

Is there a way to scale it down, and/or decrease the width of the characters?
and, is it possible to put the .xml and .dds in Modules - My Module - Data/Textures, so it only shows up in the mod?
Also, what do the preshift values do?

Verbeek said:
Naamloos-2.png
It didn't look very boldie, until in-game :razz:

I've increased it with 10 now, and it looks okay on the map,.. 
mb21.jpg

mb18-1.jpg

it's just that it's too big and wide nearly everywhere else. I might change it to +8, but this will still be an issue.

mb14.jpg

mb17-1.jpg

mb20.jpg

and, is it possible to put the .xml and .dds in Modules - My Module - Data/Textures, so it only shows up in the mod?

Then you need Alt+Enter on the world map, and use some of the options in top of the screen, right? Such as you want to create new language files when you want to translate a certain mod?

EDIT: But I think I am mistaking :???:.

:?: What the heck says the upper guy? ^

Verbeek said:

Good replies I have today  :smile: , lastly I do not check the forum because I'm always answering the same stupid noob things. Finally something fresh!

1. About the first question, yes it's easy and a little cheater, locate that:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><FontData width="2048" height="1024" padding="2,2,2,2" font_size="94" font_scale="100" line_spacing="100"><FontDetails><character code="32" page="0" u="2030" v="0" w="2045" h="15" preshift="0" yadjust="11" postshift="32" />

You're telling the game that your glyphs are pretty big, so it resizes the font. Put higher values to make the font smaller and vice versa. (I've said this lots of times)
By experience "120" it's a good and moderate value.

2. About the second one, YES, I fought along all the time I've been in this forum to remove some limitations of the engine, finally the devs (Taleworlds Guys) have said "Modulable Data folders will be added in the next Warband patch"
[look here for the complete announcement]

If you're modding in the Original M&B, you can use Iron Launcher (look in my signature) I programmed it originally because people complain about that lack of engine features.

3. About the preshift, it moves the starting position of the glyph, useful for example in cool but weird experimental "j"

B a nj o
        ^ without good preshift

B a n j o
        ^ Perfect, we've adjusted it +3 because the postshift of "n" glyph was not enough.

Easy. Isn't?  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom