[Outdated] Mount&Blade Font Customiser 1.0.1 By Swyter

Users who are viewing this thread

Swyter

Grandmaster Knight
Mount&Blade Font Customiser 1.0.1 By Swyter

Hello everybody :grin:, I've seen lately that nobody bothers to make new fonts for M&B, because it is a long and complicated process, luckily for you I created M&B Font Customized, the Fonts are created automatically with two clicks :!:. There is now no excuse to ambient your Star Wars or World War II Mod :mrgreen:.

Ive worked in it for 4-5 weekends is too stable and modular :mad:. You can see the rest of topics into the documentation.

:arrow: DOWNLOAD LINK:

POST YOUR COMMENTS!  :eek:

Sounds nice, I'm trying. Oh, err, what do you exactly mean with "(replace by original file located in "\data" folder of the game)"? Does that mean I have to stick the new font_data in my \data folder?

I guess so. Wouldn't it just be easier to make the program to spit out a font.dds that is fit to the allready existing font_data.xml

So then you can use the program to change the font "just" for one mod.

bjorne. said:
I guess so. Wouldn't it just be easier to make the program to spit out a font.dds that is fit to the allready existing font_data.xml

So then you can use the program to change the font "just" for one mod.

Exactly. There is/ an excuse for not having a custom font for star wars, if we have to change the font_data file every time we switch mods.

I'm getting always the same font .dds output file, no matter what font I choose for the input. And it has nothing to do with the font I choose...

Jaja :grin: :grin: :grin: menuda pasda el huevo de pascua te quedo muy chulo y el programita esta muy bien para haberlo echo tú XD.Pero por lo menos es practico y sencillo de manejar LOL

DaBlade said:
Cool, I'm going to check this out! :smile:

Mount&Blade currently do not have any support to mod Data's folder. You can only use a single font for all your mods. Tell to Taleworlds :wink: that improve this issue.

Im thinking about make an unofficial launcher to SOLVE THIS GREAT PROBLEM
(IF THERES A M&B DEVELOPER HERE, PLEASE LISTEN TO ME, SOLVE THIS PROBLEM, THANKS  :neutral: )

@MAGO KAOS

Gracias compi  :cool:

@DaBlade

Sometimes theres a small bug, you only must try to generate the same font two times, if you havent a superPC MBFC sometimes generates the bitmap with default font (Arial). Try it and tell me...  :idea: I'll correct the rest of minibugs of my soft.

You can also start the program without administrative rights and write your font name directly It runs 100% each time I've tried

FrisianDude said:
Sounds nice, I'm trying. Oh, err, what do you exactly mean with "(replace by original file located in "\data" folder of the game)"? Does that mean I have to stick the new font_data in my \data folder?

Yes (replace it  :grin: ), the resulting files are  :wink: :

FONT_DATA.XML > The grid or configuration file, here M&B gets X, Y coods.  :cool: of the texture, put it in Data directory (overwrite and backup)
:!: YOU CAN EDIT IT IF A LETTER IS BAD POSITIONED

FONT.DDS > The texture, you can edit it with photoshp, Gimp, ... (The format is Directx Draw Surface)
You can move to \Texture folder of your MOD (the other Mods will have to annoy), Or M&B base \texture folder (I recommend this and Backup)

FOR MORE INFO READ DOCUMENTATION (IN ENGLISH)  :smile:

This is a really cool program. Played around with it more, thinking to create a estonian version of it. :razz:

OK, I can see now that the program doesn't work with some fonts I was trying to use. I was using some LOTR-style (and other) fonts and always getting the same output, but when I choose other type of fonts it works.

Looks like the "font_data.xml" file it generates is always 21KB size, while the original from M&B is 84KB. Not sure what the difference is, but I thought maybe it would be worth to mention it.

Swyter said:
Mount&Blade currently do not have any support to mod Data's folder. You can only use a single font for all your mods. Tell to Taleworlds :wink: that improve this issue.

Actually, if someone made a font geneator that generated the font in the same layout as native, all you would have to do is change the font texture file, which is moddable.

But just looking at that native font sheet scares the crap out of me. That's some random, chaotic ****, man.

yeah, this is neat if somebody wants to customize their own install, but for releasing a mod with a custom font we'd have to crete the DDS using the XML file from Native M&B.  I have no clue how to do that, but it would be great.....

octoburn said:
Swyter said:

Actually, if someone made a font geneator that generated the font in the same layout as native, all you would have to do is change the font texture file, which is moddable.

But just looking at that native font sheet scares the crap out of me. That's some random, chaotic ****, man.

:mad: :mad: HEY , MORE RESPECT GUYS, IVE WORKING IN THIS SOFT FOR 5 WEEKENDS, IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DO NOT DOWNL. IT!!

IS A PROBLEM OF TALEWORLDS, AND IS TECHNICALLY IMPOSIBLE MAKE A SAME FONT GRID FOR ALL THE FONTS (YOU MUST KNOW THIS) AS I SAID LATER, IM THINKING ABOUT MAKE A CUSTOM LAUNCHER THAT REPLACES THE DATA FOLDER TEMPORARILY EVERY TIME YOU CLICK IT !!

BYE FOLKS!  :neutral:

Hey Swyter, calm down. No need to get touchy :smile:

Thanks for the nice program, I'm looking forward to see it more developed, should you decide to keep working on it.

Some suggestions for future upgrades:

- Support for more fonts.
- Maybe include the option to change font color (not sure it's doable like this).

Thanks and take care.

Well. not to complane but. I just made a font to add and first of it gets way to big. The letters clips with each other. And second of all. The backround transparency get worse. It's still transparent but yea. It get weird.

Allthough on second though, do I agree with Swyter. Using the same front grid would be impossible for every font. Since they are all in different sizes and shapes. So it would get real messy.
And I also agree with him that, if you don't like it don't download it. Coming with critic that could be used in future and being an ass, is two very separate things..

bjorne. said:
Well. not to complane but. I just made a font to add and first of it gets way to big. The letters clips with each other. And second of all. The backround transparency get worse. It's still transparent but yea. It get weird.

Allthough on second though, do I agree with Swyter. Using the same front grid would be impossible for every font. Since they are all in different sizes and shapes. So it would get real messy.
And I also agree with him that, if you don't like it don't download it. Coming with critic that could be used in future and being an ass, is two very separate things..

Well, you can edit font_data.xml manually, (as I said in documentation) , there are many truetype font types and is normal someone do not appear well you can edit font size in the first line with NOTEPAD, to change, the SPACE size change postshift and preshift knowing the code of the letter.

IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER EASY TO SOLVE QUESTIONS READ DOC_EN.PDF,  :cry:

@BJORNE:

The backround transparency can be edited with Photoshop and DDS plugins, or other free soft, change brightness/contrast of RGB chanel (not alpha) or replace grey color by other more dark. and finally if the resulting font is not that you have selected launch MBFC without administrative rights and write it directly (runs well every time that I ve tried  :grin: 100%).

All bugs that you have encountered will be repaired in next version  :eek:

Back
Top Bottom