Mount & Blade doesn't like ATI

Users who are viewing this thread

Installing the Cat 8.10 Beta drivers did resolve the red textures issue for me when playing in DX9, but introduced a rather annoying random bug: the game will freeze for no apparent reason and there is nothing I can do except reboot to exit to the desktop...

Galadourn said:
Installing the Cat 8.10 Beta drivers did resolve the red textures issue for me when playing in DX9, but introduced a rather annoying random bug: the game will freeze for no apparent reason and there is nothing I can do except reboot to exit to the desktop...
Yep, exactly the same for me

Galadourn said:

I dont need to rebot only exit game ctrl+alt+del im on vista i dont trust XP any more...

Sorry for saying this but im happy 4xxx owners ot same problem like me means it will be fixed  :mrgreen:

Just installed the lasted catalyst drivers (not the beta ones, guess it's a Release Candidate), and I'm getting the freeze -> reboot problem :sad:

Plus, I just played some Crysis Warhead and the game also crashed, but let me alt+tab and kill the process. Still annoying .. :sad: Hope things will be fixed for the official release.

Quasi said:
These are much more stable.

http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=Files&go=cat&dwn_cat_id=18

Thank you for pointing these out. Just tried them and I just did a 450 man battle successfully. Need a bit more testing with these but ATI is definitely doing something right with these new beta's.

Try 8.11 RC1 and see if that fixes the bad issues. They have AGP support by default for all you AGPers out there waiting for hotfixes. It's also supposed to fix Open GL.

Testes the 8.11, seems to work fine in game (didn't play too much) but did hang on exit (could do nothing but hard reboot).
I'm on a 2600HD AGP though so it might work better for others with newer cards or non AGP versions.
Other games seem the same as always but again, without extensive testing.

Hi,

I would just like to say that the new WHQL Catalyst 8.10 drivers released today (and available from the AMD/Ati website) has fixed the red people / missing & flashign textures issues I was experiencing on my Radeon HD4850.

Hope its fixed for everyone else too :smile:

everyone know thats 8.10 solve red textures problems, read few pages ago and you'll see that now the game freezes (you probably see that by yourself soon :p)
i'll try the beta 8.11 to see if i have the same problem than someone else here

Well, people have been posting about some beta and release candidate drivers, not WHQL drivers which were officially released today. Been ok so far for me, but I haven't been able to play too much yet.

According to a Guru3D forummer, "Seems like OpenGL bug fixes. So far it's the same as 8.10 in every way possible", so you should not expect this performance problem to be fixed. This is only RC1, of course, and there will definitely be another update or two before 8.11 is officially released.

Back
Top Bottom