Mount&Blade Cover - Frodogorn

Users who are viewing this thread

Highelf said:
Swordmaster said:
Redcoat - Mic said:
Looks like it. LETS ALL WHINE TO ARMAGAN!

PM RAIN!

No.

This isn't Armagan's fault. And I've already sent a PM explaining our thoughts and providing suggestions and a possible replacing cover. The last thing Armagan needs is a rain of PM's: one is enough.

Also, I doubt "looking like something" is a sue-able offence.

I know, I just wanted that we, (at least most of us) as the Taleworlds Community, show our response for the cover, but seems like this thread will do either.

Jallon said:
Anyone else noticed the guy seems to be cross-eyed? And his face just looks messed up to me. Seriously, this is really bothering me. Even more than the fact that the picture doesn't really fit the game.

True, he looks retarted.

Highelf said:
Swordmaster said:
Redcoat - Mic said:
Looks like it. LETS ALL WHINE TO ARMAGAN!

PM RAIN!

No.

This isn't Armagan's fault. And I've already sent a PM explaining our thoughts and providing suggestions and a possible replacing cover. The last thing Armagan needs is a rain of PM's: one is enough.

Also, I doubt "looking like something" is a sue-able offence.

Yeah but will he ever read it? Surely he gets thousands.

As others have said, I'd have far preferred if Ganbat had done the cover. Too many games these days have simple renders on the cover, and while Fox's work is at such a level that you'd swear it's real that doesn't set it apart from other covers to the degree that a Ganbat cover would.

I still think a good portion of buyers will be surprised that you don't play as Frodogorn, and dismayed that you can't get his clothes (at least that's assuming things like that aren't being added for 1.0). It's sort of like false advertising in a way.

Saurimo said:
so, is there any chance of this frodogorn riding his horse right off the cover? or is it too late and were stuck looking at this cock eyed...thing. forever.
This cover is now up on the GameFAQs entry and the like, complete with the final ESRB and PEGI ratings. It's unlikely to change at this point.

Redcoat - Mic said:
Yeah but will he ever read it? Surely he gets thousands.
Well, you could always PM Ipek. I doubt she gets many PMs.

You guys should remember that MB is the vision of Armagan and IPEK, i am quite sure they have the best vision of how MB should look like not us... afterall it was them that created the game right? 

With that in mind they either decided it was a good marketing aproach to have that cover style in which case we should respect it or are as pissed with paradox as we are. Either way spaming them wont help; they trully have more important things to worry about in this late stage of the project.     

Mama Sumae said:
You guys should remember that MB is the vision of Armagan and IPEK, i am quite sure they have the best vision of how MB should look like not us... afterall it was them that created the game right?

No, this Frodogorn wasn't the vision of Armagan and Ipek. This Frodogorn was the vision of Paradox and the guy they hired to do the job.

Fei Dao read the whole post.

Mama Sumae said:
With that in mind they either decided it was a good marketing aproach to have that cover style in which case we should respect it or are as pissed with paradox as we are.     

Nahkuri said:
Anyway, for the two persons on these forums that don't know, the box art features Frodogorn, the dream of frustrated 14-year-old nerdy girls who listen to Sonata Arctica and don't know whether to masturbate over Frodo or Aragorn of the LOTR movies..

:razz:

You have to be really frustrated to masturbate over that. But if you listen to SA, that could be possible, yes.

Frodogorn's eyes are actually a replica medieval early warning system. By looking in two different directions at the same time, he can both look as a meditative hero with a troubled past and watch for any bandits that might lynch him for looking so out of tune with the world he's in.

Besides, he's got no armour so a bandit hatchet can go through him like a kitchen knife goes through hot-cakes.

Agent Griff said:
Besides, he's got no armour so a bandit hatchet can go through him like a kitchen knife goes through hot-cakes.

Had you done your homework about medieval times likes Mr Cover designer did and you would have known that Gandalf would just fly in a massive eagle and save him from the hatchet.

You cant ride an eagle with 100kg of metal can you?  Kids these days have no notion of history.

Does nobody else think that the age-rating is nowadays, well... Retarded? I mean, for 16 years old and over? There are people who are eleven years old who play m&b and have registered to the official forum (here).

I bet that shirtless river pirates classify as nudity by PEGI standards...

Hi Folks,

The boxcover artist unfortunately hasn't used his artistic license in a very creative way, but there is no doubt he has came up with a superb looking picture and I don't think it really misrepresents the game. After all, you can start the game with a leather jerkin and a horse, and there is definitely rain in the game. When I had first seen the picture, I did like it quite a lot, without associating it with any concept other than M&B, and probably a lot of people will do likewise and simply see it as a cool looking guy on a horse which fits the theme of the game quite well. Frankly, after reading the thread at CGtalk and his posts, I would prefer it if he had been more inspired by the game and less by the movies he saw, but at the end of the day, he has tried to do his best to create a good looking picture of a medieval hero. The folks at Paradox Entertainment have also done everything as well as they could, finding a good CG artist, giving him the concept art and the game and a good brief.

At the end of the day, the picture looks good and fits the game content, and creating a campaign against it won't really help us in any way.

The reaction from here has been quite harsh, yea... But Paradox could've saved time just by asking Ganbat to do it in the first place.  :???:

Seems we have astoundingly high hopes for such a great game :razz:

Back
Top Bottom