Mount&Blade Cartographer | Just my own spin-off...

Users who are viewing this thread

Dargor said:
Yes, extracted everything (16 files in folder + 2 files in subfolder "res").

Okay, then that's my first bug. :smile:

Dido you mind if you right-click on
Code:
cartographer.cmd
, select Edit, add a new line with a "
Code:
pause
" on it and save? Should look like this:
Code:
@luajit cartographer.lua
pause

So you can see what the log window says before is too late... The next time it's run.

Well, then I get this
0_ae9c9_d0013f98_orig
Last line means "press anykey to continue"

Dargor said:
Well, then I get this
0_ae9c9_d0013f98_orig
Last line means "press anykey to continue"

This may sound weird, but I don't have a line 15 in my
Code:
_configureme.ini
, have you retouched anything? :wink:
If so, please try the app as it came. And let me see your modified configuration file.

It's pretty clear that Warband works, and is correctly installed in there.

C:\Games\Warband\
" should be written as "
Code:
C:\\Games\\Warband\\
"

That's all the mystery. Just respect the syntax as noted in the comments.

I did changed. Now extracted from archive again, this time (no changes in ini file) I got:
0_ae9ca_f23d8338_orig

I used doubled back-slash, but added new lines in the end at that time. Should it work with unchanged text
-- swyter's cartographer
-- for those entertaining moments when you have to configure something, oh, so l33t!

cartographer.conf={
  fontpath =  reg['wb'],                  --> you can use the following macros: reg['mab'], reg['wb'], reg['wfas']
  mparties = "res\\module_parties.py",    --> paths are enclosed in quotes, use \\ as separator, don't even think about these: \ this is not Thorgrim's

maptxt =  reg['wb'].."\\modules\\native",              --> use .. to concatenate strings, relative paths also work
maptxtout =  reg['wb'].."\\modules\\native\\map_out.txt", --  the module_parties under "\\res" is included as example, don't use it

mapobj = "mymap.obj",
mapobjout = "mymap.obj"
}
or  not?

Win7 is ok, I guess?

Dargor said:
I used doubled back-slash, but added new lines in the end at that time. Should it work with unchanged text
-- swyter's cartographer
-- for those entertaining moments when you have to configure something, oh, so l33t!

cartographer.conf={
  fontpath =  reg['wb'],                  --> you can use the following macros: reg['mab'], reg['wb'], reg['wfas']
  mparties = "res\\module_parties.py",    --> paths are enclosed in quotes, use \\ as separator, don't even think about these: \ this is not Thorgrim's

maptxt =  reg['wb'].."\\modules\\native",              --> use .. to concatenate strings, relative paths also work
maptxtout =  reg['wb'].."\\modules\\native\\map_out.txt", --  the module_parties under "\\res" is included as example, don't use it

mapobj = "mymap.obj",
mapobjout = "mymap.obj"
}
or  not?

Yes, in fact it works, but doesn't likes the
Code:
map.txt
file because of some random problem with terrain types.
If you can send me the conflicting
Code:
map.txt
file I'll fix it as soon as possible.

My mod, a good bunch of the classic M&B, and even Native v1.153 load fine.

Oh, and don't add lines to the configuration file, just use and replace the values of the existing ones. I'll try to simplify it later.
For example, replace "native" for any other module you want.

Dargor said:
I did changed. Now extracted from archive again, this time (no changes in ini file) I got:
0_ae9ca_f23d8338_orig

Mate, I've loaded your map and it throws to me that there are:
Code:
@--start parsing map
   ended parsing 0.248s
20791 vertex, 41387 faces
   ended filling arrays 0.35s

Compare with your screenshot, doesn't look the same map to me. This one loads fine too. :/
357241001343208137.png

If someone else want to give it a try or want to give me some insights about the program then I'm all eyes.
Cartographer works, but maybe isn't so straightforward to configure as their map editing cousins.

I'm very open about suggestions or critics.

Swyter, it was a stupid mistake of mine  :oops:. Confused the native's folder and it's copy. Your cartographer started with native's map fine. The problem map is next  http://oorfin.net/_map.rar
By the way - Thorgim's map editor doesn't open it too. Th.M.E. worked with it under WinXP but crashes under Win7. The map is not finished in some details so I have a hope to use your program

Dargor said:
Swyter, it was a stupid mistake of mine  :oops:. Confused the native's folder and it's copy. Your cartographer started with native's map fine. The problem map is next  http://oorfin.net/_map.rar
By the way - Thorgim's map editor doesn't open it too. Th.M.E. worked with it under WinXP but crashes under Win7. The map is not finished in some details so I have a hope to use your program

Okay, got you covered. :smile:

277738001343317101.png

Your map is a bit bugged. As I said earlier some terrain-type numbers are really screwed, open it with a text editor and fix the following lines:

Code:
  line  87598| [color=maroon][b]1082093999[/b] 0  3  24648  24649  24839 [/color]
... don't ask me why you have that over there :smile: ...

And from...
Code:
  line 110703| [color=maroon] [b]15[/b] 0  3  36636  36637  36635 [/color]
..until..
Code:
  line 110774| [color=maroon] [b]15[/b] 0  3  36681  36682  36680 [/color]
...all those 15s symbolizes an undefined terrain type. Replace it by some other value between 1-13..

These are the valid terrains as far as I know:
Code:
rt_water                = 0
rt_mountain             = 1
rt_steppe               = 2
rt_plain                = 3
rt_snow                 = 4
rt_desert               = 5
rt_bridge               = 7
rt_river                = 8
rt_mountain_forest      = 9
rt_steppe_forest        = 10
rt_forest               = 11
rt_snow_forest          = 12
rt_desert_forest        = 13

Save and open it with any compatible application, should be fixed. I can add safeguards to cartographer very easily, but I don't think this is a common problem and may slow down the parsing.

Dargor said:
I changed incorrect numbers for 12 but it still fails.

125.jpg

Oops. My bad, there was one face missing, that's the last one:

Code:
  line  94145| [color=maroon][b]-1067896825[/b] 0  3  27978  28167  28166 [/color]

Dargor said:
It's alive, thanks !  :grin:
Is it possible that  Thorgim's map editor created the strange numbers?

Pretty much. Looks like it glitched the output somehow:
Code:
[SIZE=11px]11111111111111111111111111101111|10011000011101101001011111011011[/SIZE]
These kind of numbers aren't exactly random. That's the binary dump of the last one.

Let me know what you think in case you use my program.

My feedback. App starts fast, but the terrain rotation speed is insanely high, at least with me. Plus, I have trouble in determining which direction is up, since it apparently allows me to rotate the whole map mesh by some axis, different than the one that points up/down. The direction keys do not work as expected: W and S toggle altitude, A and D rotate the map by that same other axis. The mouse seems to rotate so fast, I can't understand what I'm doing, plus, it rotates the camera awkwardly.
Help? :razz:

Swyter, thank You very much for help.
It's pitty that I need to use 3DMAX to finish the map - it's not so comfortable in some aspects as ThME.

Lumos I first move mouse roll back, it rises camera over the map. And I think all navigation is comfortable enough.

Lumos said:
My feedback. App starts fast, but the terrain rotation speed is insanely high, at least with me. Plus, I have trouble in determining which direction is up, since it apparently allows me to rotate the whole map mesh by some axis, different than the one that points up/down. The direction keys do not work as expected: W and S toggle altitude, A and D rotate the map by that same other axis. The mouse seems to rotate so fast, I can't understand what I'm doing, plus, it rotates the camera awkwardly.
Help? :razz:

What you have to understand is that you are rotating the camera according to the center of the map. Or in other words, like a wheel.

I found it faster for navigating across the terrain and retouching positions of places with precision.
So you can go to the other side by just moving your wrist a bit.

-As Dargor says, when the map loads just use your mouse wheel to go up and down vertically, like a pulley.

-Use WASD or the arrows to move respect to where are you heading.
Moving the mouse vertically effects your relative rotation transversally.

-Right-click on any party to move them over the map, they will stick to the terrain
by projecting against the camera position, like in 3D texture painting.

Another combinations that might be useful as shown in the ReadMe:

Code:
  {Shift} Switchs labeling between ids and names
     {F5} Saves map.txt
     {F6} Reloads map.txt
     {F7} Imports Obj
     {F8} Exports Obj
     {F9} Saves edited parties

Think of it as west: map
                 east: obj
           outer keys: save
           inner keys: load