Mount & Blade 2 lore is bland and boring

Users who are viewing this thread

+1

The "long successful" part wasn't because of TW directly, but because of modders, and actually thinking about it, personal relationships were much more elaborated on WB than on BL. So, on that instance they took a very different, and much less content-rich, path.
Indeed warband had much more meaningful relationships and they were bland as hell, that says something about bannerlord's "i'm going to pay you 10 influences to **** off" system lmao

People always talked for example about the chaos of running a kingdom in warband, i for one loved the drama it caused, you could never please everyone with your actions, specially if you accepted any lord just to booster your kingdom's army, they all wanted things for themselves or their friends and got pissed at you if someone else was chosen, i wanted more of that in bannerlord, the chaos of running a feudal kingdom instead of less of it.

I had tons of RP fun not knowing if a lord is plotting behind my back, if i should indict them for treason or not and launching punishment/revenge expeditions when someone betrayed me and ****ed off to another kingdom with a third of my fiefs.

Indeed warband had much more meaningful relationships and they were bland as hell, that says something about bannerlord's "i'm going to pay you 10 influences to **** off" system lmao

People always talked for example about the chaos of running a kingdom in warband, i for one loved the drama it caused, you could never please everyone with your actions, specially if you accepted any lord just to booster your kingdom's army, they all wanted things for themselves or their friends and got pissed at you if someone else was chosen, i wanted more of that in bannerlord, the chaos of running a feudal kingdom instead of less of it.

I had tons of RP fun not knowing if a lord is plotting behind my back, if i should indict them for treason or not and launching punishment/revenge expeditions when someone betrayed me and ****ed off to another kingdom with a third of my fiefs.
So the devs should bring back the leaving clans? Those clans you recruited for xxx denars and gave them a fief but they don't like your hair/or that you have war with his friends of their home faction/ or your power lvl isn't over 9000? and leave after a week with that money and the fief?

I know what you mean but I don't know if I would like it.

Hey guys,

Is it just me or the lore aspect of this game is boring and bland to the point of non-existence. Sure you have some different factions and some minor story flawors, but there is not much else that would hook me up. I treat this game more as a raw simulator than a living and breathing game.

Is it just me? Are they going to add more story elements to this game, or leave it and leave the rest to moders?

I really want this game to succeed and be a worthy sequel, but right now it is more of a letdown for me. :sad:

Yup, but not because of the lore itself, its the implementation, the pool where the emperor was murdered is next to the emperor palace, where is it in the game - it simply doesnt exist same with the senate building wich would be in the northern part of the former empire, details wich let you feel the lore are missing so the lore feels not existing, bald and boring, i have more and more the verry odd feeling TW doesnt care about Bannerlord at this point, its now 1 year since release and not much happened, i am verry concerned about the future of M&B :C

There are mods that allow you to make your own game, I start as a king of any faction, with a Veteran perks and skills, and I get exactly my skilled companions, I can give them perks related with their functions in my party or as governors, I can made tournaments, feasts and almost eventing in my city, I play in a big Calardia, with more kingdoms, etc.
Actually there are enough mods to make the game much, much enjoyable, I know that many people doesn't feels comfortable installing it,and wants that Taleworlds do what they should do, deliver a complete a full o features game, but we have to face the reality, they won't add much more content, If they haven’t done so by now they probably won’t do it, except in a paid add-on. So, we have to live and enjoy what we have, just go here and build your own game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom