Mount&Blade 0.808 crashes upon the start of a dialog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Servitor

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Heh,

I downloaded 0.808 yesterday to start playing some of the old jewels again, like ASLOW, TLD and Battle for Sicily, but every module I start in 0.808 gives me a nice runtime error. Pressing ignore will just have it come straight back at me, same for retry. Abort, as usual, freezes up the process so I can Ctrl-Alt-Del my way out of it. Sometimes I don't even have to CAD... But that's a different story. Here is it:

pictarmbbuglm8.png

Expression: ray_vec.length() < 10000000000.0f  (I think I have the precise number of zero's there) and something about a terrain map? O.0 What the hey... Anyhow, I have tried to search for this error and more importantly it's solution, but no luck so far. Any help would be appreciated.

Servitor

How are you installing .808? In a separate folder? Also, I take it that Native doesn't give you this error?

Only thing I can think of is something up with the maps. I'd try downloading the map editor, opening the maps, and for one, see if there is any visible bugs (I doubt there'll be any, but look), but more importantly, just save them again without doing anything. Do that with the Native map also, and see what happens.

Heathen! You dare to assume that I would not know how to install it? Blasphemy! But I shalt be generous and forgive your ignorance!

:cool: Anyway, I am installing version 0.808 in "C://Program Files/Mount&Blade (0.80:cool:". My main mount&blade is in  "C://Program Files/Mount&Blade". That's ok, right? The weird part is is that Native is also crashing to desktop, be it without error. This made me reinstall M&B, Same crash. This made me re-download and reinstall, Same crash. Maybe I should compare all the errors with eachother? Of each module I mean?
Only thing I can think of is something up with the maps. I'd try downloading the map editor, opening the maps, and for one, see if there is any visible bugs (I doubt there'll be any, but look), but more importantly, just save them again without doing anything. Do that with the Native map also, and see what happens.
I doubt that I would find anything, but I shall try this.

Thanks for the reply, Llew.
Servitor

I downloaded 0.808 yesterday to start playing some of the old jewels again
Meaning, I just re-installed it. Then the problem occurred. I already tried to re-reinstall it, to no avail.

Archonsod said:
If it's a multi-core CPU then switch affinity to single core. If it's a 64 bit OS, forget it.
Multi core and a 64 bit Vista. I should forget it?

Servitor

Back
Top Bottom