Mount and Javs 2 : Throwinglords (skirmish mode)

Users who are viewing this thread

Seriously, this is exactly what I've been trying to point out the past months. Nobody cares about "patch spoilers". There is literally no added value to not mentioning what you're planning to do, like @Mabons said. I get that this might not be your call, AVRC, but this is just frustrating, and goes completely against the idea of "we'll keep you guys posted on what we're working on each month".
I agree but... and this is a big but. TW might not want to set false expectations if things change; and let's be clear we are quite a hostile community when things dont go our way :wink:

Still I'd love to hear a lot more about what's planned. Then we could discuss it and what we would like to see changed; rather then argue over the fact things aren't changing.

Still this is probably not AVRC's call so let's not push it too much.

Last edited:
I agree but... and this is a big but. TW might not want to set false expectations if things change; and let's be clear we are quite a hostile community when things dont go our way :wink:

Still I'd love to hear a lot more about what's planned. Then we could discuss it and what we would like to see changed; rather then argue over the fact things aren't changing.

This isn't some baby gender revelation surprise. We just want to know in detail what the **** is changing. I have heard from some clan people while playing that there was a closed combat test in a test build a week or two ago, where all the current changes were.

Did you hear about it from TW axios? Because i ****ing didn't and its pissing me off they keep putting us out of the loop

We have the same expectations whether they say they are working on something or not. If they say they are working on block delay and then don't deliver, we will have the exact same reaction as if they never said they are working on it at all.

Taleworlds gains absolutely nothing by withholding information. The devs who have been speaking out about whats going on have been amazing and the community has been loads better because of it.

It's probably not up to AVRC if he gets to tell or not; some suit somewhere is probably making that choice. It's not unique to TWs, it's common in the industry. Obviously the majority of us (including me) don't really care for being left out, we'd rather know and brace for impact, but for some reason video game makers think their audiences deserve to be treated like mushrooms instead of customers.

Another month of kick throws, block delay, poorly functioning spears and no balancing is gonna be rough.

Yes! Many people will stop playing MP this month due to these broken features. You can already see the decline: pickup games don't last as long, organized clanvclans are becoming rarer, and the queues are getting smaller. Nobody who's already tired of BL is gonna keep playing on account of some nebulous promise to get "more features." TW is killing its community by delaying this necessary patch lmfao.

This isn't some baby gender revelation surprise. We just want to know in detail what the **** is changing. I have heard from some clan people while playing that there was a closed combat test in a test build a week or two ago, where all the current changes were.

Did you hear about it from TW axios? Because i ****ing didn't and its pissing me off they keep putting us out of the loop

Okay. I probably came accross a little wishy washy. Yes I agree. I'd like to know what's going on. I'd heard rumour of such a group....

We shouldn't be all up in AVRC's business about it, but we definitely should be pushing it in general. We know that what they might say now isn't final, and that's fine. I have not seen anyone in this thread being toxic over the fact that AVRC said that these changes should "hopefully come some time this month [July]", nor should they. Things can take longer than expected, or can change midway through, and that's fine. But TW can't promise to have better communication, and then have a random person on the dev team be the only one who actually talks to us, rather than the community managers, who are keeping their mouths shut over "spoilers".

I think this is only due to the kick-throw issue. Can't imagine them dominating once this is fixed.

They've still got that amazing melee damage, and can still jump shot. With regular flanking throws, I'd be extremely surprised if they're still not the dominant Aserai infantry. They need an increase in value and Tribal Warrior needs a decrease. The triple spawn is the most troubling issue for the class in my opinion.

In skirmish they do. For 100 dinars you can counter any archers, two handed, and cav ( if you land a jav in the rider ). Only shielded infantry can defeat them.
They've still got that amazing melee damage, and can still jump shot. With regular flanking throws, I'd be extremely surprised if they're still not the dominant Aserai infantry. They need an increase in value and Tribal Warrior needs a decrease. The triple spawn is the most troubling issue for the class in my opinion.
Fair enough - Just I remember the days of Triple Warrior spam in skirmish which was less obnoxious but just as overpowered.

Fair enough - Just I remember the days of Triple Warrior spam in skirmish which was less obnoxious but just as overpowered.

Agreed, neither are a pleasing option. There'd need to be some kind of adjustments to the classes regardless.

Reworking Tribal Warrior into the Clan Warrior/Recruit etc. equivalent for Aserai, and changing Guard to serve as a heavy infantry or shock troop through perks could work if they wanted to keep the Aserai's Skirmisher niche intact.

I reckon there's a couple other ways to do it, but I don't think Skirmisher can remain in its current position.

Agreed, neither are a pleasing option. There'd need to be some kind of adjustments to the classes regardless.

Reworking Tribal Warrior into the Clan Warrior/Recruit etc. equivalent for Aserai, and changing Guard to serve as a heavy infantry or shock troop through perks could work if they wanted to keep the Aserai's Skirmisher niche intact.

I reckon there's a couple other ways to do it, but I don't think Skirmisher can remain in its current position.

Guards are imo the lowest of all the 2h classes. Feels slow as heck, squishy as heck and the bardiche damage is so inconsistent. Legionary receive an average of like 35 dmg from bardiches its ridiculous.

Guards are imo the lowest of all the 2h classes. Feels slow as heck, squishy as heck and the bardiche damage is so inconsistent. Legionary receive an average of like 35 dmg from bardiches its ridiculous.

Yeah, the Bardiche is so slow, its almost completely irrelevant apart from specific (x)v1 scenarios where it can quicken a secured kill. Compared to Sturgia's 2h Axes there is no competition.

I've noticed that on siege projectiles are also op especially at the G flag, I believe our archers were the main reason we won a certain round yesterday, their shieldwall was good but the sheer amount of arrows and javelins to a lesser extent made it impossible for the attackers to hold the point.

Back
Top Bottom