Mount and Javs 2 : Throwinglords (skirmish mode)

Users who are viewing this thread

Cav got stronger (Perma couch lance, more horse hp/ armor, more agile horses)
Archers got stronger (Better damage, easier shots, shoot under shield)
But Inf is not allowed to have stronger throwing weapons?

Did you ever play 6 Oathsworm against 6 Mameluks and think "oh I have 4 Javelins we will surely win this round".
It is so wrong to justify throwing nerfs just because the Aserai Skirmisher is annoying. The only problem is that they spawn 3x6 Javelins. But when you change that you need to add a heavy inf to aserai.
Because the buff infantry got is not actually buffing infantry, its buffing ranged. You just so happen to be called Infantry, but thats not your role.
Your role is to throw as much projectiles into the enemy and use your melee weapon as a last resort. As an INFANTRY!?
Every infantry should be able to do the same damage of the Varyag heavy axe, that'd make infantry actually feel good. Hell Id rather see infantry get 200 hp than this jav spam frustration.
I however - maybe biased as Inf player mainly - can say that throwing weapons are the only thing keeping infantry in the game at the moment, at least for casual no limit games.
Otherwise everyone would pick Cav and/or Ranger and then x, if they can't afford it anymore.
Infantry is worse off than in Warband atm.
I agree, and thats silly. I'd say 75% of infantry kills might be javelins honestly, at the very least its what deals the most damage, maybe they get finished off by a melee swing but still.
Infantry is in a poor state. Infantry should be the most satisfying to play because its the hardest to learn.
Did you ever play Spear against Cav? When they charge fullspeed into your spear (which no good cav will do) you will deal 60dmg to the horse and then 30dmg to the rider IF you hit his head. This damage means that he can survive that exact move 3 times.
Also the move takes like 4 seconds, another cav can lance you while you do it.
Actually tons of good cavs do it, because the mechanic of stopping horses is broken, theres a medium risk high reward. So what if he stops the horse, after the first burst of damage theres basically no follow up, and the cav could easily have gotten the couch of instead. What was easily punishable in warband is honestly a legit move now, and it shouldnt be.

Because the buff infantry got is not actually buffing infantry, its buffing ranged. You just so happen to be called Infantry, but thats not your role.
Your role is to throw as much projectiles into the enemy and use your melee weapon as a last resort. As an INFANTRY!?
Every infantry should be able to do the same damage of the Varyag heavy axe, that'd make infantry actually feel good. Hell Id rather see infantry get 200 hp than this jav spam frustration.

I agree, and thats silly. I'd say 75% of infantry kills might be javelins honestly, at the very least its what deals the most damage, maybe they get finished off by a melee swing but still.
Infantry is in a poor state. Infantry should be the most satisfying to play because its the hardest to learn.

Actually tons of good cavs do it, because the mechanic of stopping horses is broken, theres a medium risk high reward. So what if he stops the horse, after the first burst of damage theres basically no follow up, and the cav could easily have gotten the couch of instead. What was easily punishable in warband is honestly a legit move now, and it shouldnt be.
This man is correct on all accounts

It’s not hard at all to dodge arrows or missiles if you can keep track of where they are. The only time it becomes an issue is up close, near impossible to dodge. One answer is waiting for the throw, then juking, and then picking up the jav or axe and feeding it back. Another answer is a shield. But yeah ranged is a little op in this meta. I would love to be able to knock a missile away with a melee weapon. Baseball anyone?
I think you mean lightsaber practise

Heavy Cav armor is getting reduced.

It's great it's getting reduced, however, what about the collision between sword and horse armour? They usually just bounce off the horse at close range, so even if you do decrease the horse armour, melee weapons still wont deal any damage when the horse is stationary/reared.

What about the speed and maneuverability of the armored horses? Is it still the same? If so, I don't see any incentive for players to buy non mailed horses, as the speed/maneuverability difference is almost non existent

What about the speed and maneuverability of the armored horses? Is it still the same? If so, I don't see any incentive for players to buy non mailed horses, as the speed/maneuverability difference is almost non existent
Almost all horses got adjustments to Maneuverability, Speed and HP, should be on the next MP patch.

Kick Slash/Throw/XBow are all getting addressed.
Almost all horses got adjustments to Maneuverability, Speed and HP, should be on the next MP patch.

d96jcx4iyh851.jpg

Can't wait to get my paws on that tasty patch... :grin: (y) (y)

Wait.... what is this? Are you guys actually being positive? What kind of freaky twilight-zone situation is this?

We just had three posts, one from Yukmouth, one from Alyss and one from me... where we didn't argue...

PjJQ.gif

I need to sit down...

What the hell you talking about ? We never argue, get off my thread

What the hell you talking about ? We never argue, get off my thread
Yeah... all the support I give you on your threads but I don't see a black skull on a red background on my generals mode thread....Which we all know is the most important change Bannerlord needs...

tenor.gif

I mean would it kill you to take 30 mins to an hour to write several paragraphs on why that is such a brilliant idea and why I should be given a unique badge for coming up with it? Doesn't need to be much...this would be fine.

pJCx69V.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom