Mount and Blade with Fire and Sword Quick Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Bulierpower1

Recruit
Well Hello There,
So this is a quick tip guide to Mount and Blade with Fire and Sword. For starters, if you first click on the difficulty setting, then hit [go back], and keep doing that, you will add skills to each of the three categories. If you do not want to add skills and go the other route (no cheat), you can just continue to choose your gender. Note: This is not like Warband, where gender affects difficulty. After your gender is chosen, you will need to distribute your skills. Recommended are the charismatic, strength, and intelligence skills. (Leadership, prisoner management, inventory management, and trade if preferred) Later on, you will want to upgrade power draw, power strike, and iron flesh. Now after you have chosen a name and divided up your skills, you will be taken to the tutorial, if you want to skip, hit [tab]. This will skip the tutorial and take you right to the first quest.

First Task/Quest
You will be tasked with going to Zamoshye. Talk to the village elder, you will have three task options, recommended are either attacking bandits, which gives exp and renown, or obtaining goods for the village. The task of requesting lower taxes lowers standing with that lord. After completing the task you have chosen, you will have free choices, but you may think, "Now what?"

"Now What?"
Well now, you can work on recruiting basics and profits. First, think of some basic soldiers to withstand bandits. Think big but not large. Somewhere around 15 is your best bet for the first bit of time. (I did this with 9 men to start.) Men can be found in Zamoshye, usually three recruits. That is the only time you will find recruits in a village. Mercenary camps are great. They provide recruit troops and they Can be upgraded and outfitted. They will take money to hire. Expect to lose half of the thalers you start with. Well now you got men, what about profits?

Profiting from Caravans and Trade
Now you have men and want money. Caravans are a great place to start. Any town or even most forts, have mayors that can outfit a caravan with goods for you to sell. I found that Sich is a good place to start. When you enter the town you will ask to talk to the mayor, go to [I'd like to talk about trade] then [I'd like to send a caravan]. You will then choose a good to sell. I started with lower-priced goods. You choose the good then you choose the location to send it to. Afterwards, you are deciding the size or amount of goods to sell. When choosing the amount, a higher amount costs more but gives a much higher profit. You will choose a number of guards to accompany your caravan. I usually go with two or four, then I personally accompany the caravan to protect it. When your caravan gets to the place it will sell the goods, you can talk to that mayor to send another caravan from there. This is repeated until you have a larger amount of thalers as a financial backbone. After you have reached a large pocketbook, you need to work on renown and skill levels.

Renown and Skills
Unlike Warband, there are no tournaments to enter for money and exp. You can get this from attacking Bandits, Tartar Raiders, Deserters, Looters, the like. Another way is to join a faction by speaking to the faction leader. This requires some renown as well, so you are better off attacking bandits for a while. A drawback of joining a faction is that you will be hated by any faction they are at war with, so choose wisely. I've heard Sweden is a good place but I personally would choose the Polish Commonwealth. Well, now you will have a steady stream of quests and income since you will have received the poorest village they own. Well, now just play the cute little slave to the nobles. Do everything that won't damage relations with anyone. After a while, you will be ready for a larger army and an expansion route. The best way to do this is to go to various towns' and cities' taverns and recruit the troops there. After you reach party limit, go back to the leader of your faction and renounce your vows. This will free you to do more personal expansions. Now, choose a faction that is weak and is always at war, as your first target. I chose the Crimean Khanate. Next will be to find a relatively weakly garrisoned city, town, or fort. Preferably is a city, they have more income and towns that will go with them. To siege a city or fort you need a negative relation with the faction, so attacking scouts is a good place to start. Caravans are also decent targets. When you have a negative relation and a target chosen, take the city or fort. Good ways to do so are to besiege it, and poison water, blow a hole in the wall or use ladders. Ladders cause a lot of casualties, as they need to be lifted then climbed. After taking the city/town, garrison it with everyone left, I mean everyone. The faction you took it from will not respond kindly. Spend little money on upgrades and more on mass amounts of men. Next, you will need to slowly, I mean slowly, capture rival lords from that faction. Keeping them imprisoned will reduce their amount of armies that can retaliate. However, releasing lords improves your relations with them. After you have released the same lord a few times, he will be your friend, even though you beat him up multiple times. After taking the first city and some rival lords, you will want to start taking more castles of the same faction. This will increase revenue and you won't be paying much for the garrison, since the income of the city or castle pays for that, for the most part. Now you're thinking," Why am I still a rebel?"

Rebels
Well now that you're in control of a few castles, villages, and cities, you notice you're still a rebel faction that everyone hates. This can be resolved by conquering the rest of the faction you are absorbing into your kingdom, making you that faction. To make peace, you need a lot of thalers. I found that it is commonly 33,000 thalers for a peace agreement for a few days, not worth it. You can make peace by just taking the rest of that faction, it costs less and it gives you more stuff. It's just all around a good idea to take the whole faction down. In the long run, this gives fewer factions that can be possible enemies to your rule. Again, mercenary camps are good places to replace casualties, for a price of course. Well, now you have soldiers, income, and a good size kingdom. Now what?

End Game
Now you want to get more and more land. This should be done one faction, one city, at a time. This can be done at your own pace. You will need a larger supply of income to support replacing casualties, to pay for the commanders, and to support your castles. Your castles and towns will, undoubtedly, be taken a few times if they are not defended well. You need to be prepared to spend time waiting to take them back. Right after you lose the castle or town, the AI will have around five armies running around it, until the end of the day. You should gather forces and wait a day to two days, to retake your lost lands.

The rest is all up to you.
Good luck and have a great gaming experience.

Back
Top Bottom