Mount and Blade Warband for the Mac!

Users who are viewing this thread

Quick question: How do we patch to the newest version? I have tried a bunch of different ways and also looked on google, but I didn't find anything. Any help would be much appreciated!

Also, thanks for porting it to mac! I am absolutely hooked on this game!

Hi, my friend and I are trying to use this to play the NW dlc, however the version seems to be out of date, how do we update it? Thanks

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the things you do for Mac players.
I downloaded the good file and installed M&B : Warband. However, it doesn't work on my Macbook Pro.
The game starts, we can see Paradox Interactive, Taleworlds Entertainment etc., and then it blocks on a white screen where should be the game menu.
Do you have a solution ? My Macbook Pro is from 2009, here's the configuration :
2,66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 Mo, 4 Go 1067 MHz DDR3, on Mac OS X 10.8.4.

Thank you,
Best regards.

Ledigadra

Have you had any legal issues with taleworlds or paradox? Congratulations by the way, I'm amazed.

So I'm trying to get one of my friends to start playing. Thing is he knows **** all about video games and I know **** all about how to use a mac.
But I tried installing your port.

It worked for 1.153 but I was trying to update so I fetched the newer version. I downloaded and unzipped the bastard and clicked the thing.

I see Mount And Blade in the higher left corner for a few seconds and then it disappears as if it just starts and stops.

What shall I do?

It seems like the version of M+B Paul is providing is out of date. Would have been nice if this was mentioned as he just paid full price for the game and can't join any servers.

If anyone knows how to get the latest version working on a mac I will be their slave forever, thanks.

Warband for mac is fantastic - it's great how we can use mods and even multiplayer and even edit mode!!

On that note - does anyone know if on edit mode we cannot delete objects or sections of the ai mesh? I still can't find out if it's because I haven't found the right hotkey, or if it has something to do with how we only have a backspace and no 'delete' key...

tl;dr: How do we delete a section of the ai mesh when on edit mode?

Edit: Sigh..... so, we mac users should press 'fn' + 'backspace' to delete things. My bad, whoops!

It seems the 1.158 for mac link works for me, and i downloaded it from the paulthetall.com but when i move the wrapper to the desktop and try to run it, the icon just slightly flashes and the game doesn't start. 1.153 worked just fine but this one doesn't. Could you people help me install it because i have never installed wrappers before. Even if it doesn't have to be installed something has to be done, please, would be much appreciated. Mac OS X 10.6.8

So I updated to OSX Maverick today and the game won't start any more, are there any updates regarding this issue.

I also have downloaded the latest and used wineskin but seriously to many glitches (orders and move buttons stop working or change weapons-damn mouse keeps scrolling items) to really enjoy playing or spend money to play the multiplayer (which is the whole point of why I wanted play and join a regiment).

No artillery in the battle option and commanding bot when Really like to learn to play basic line/light/skirmisher/cavalry and artillery roles in combat and terrain, then learn to deal with orders.

Ok, stupid question, I have NEVER done this.
But I have a Mac, with M&B Warbands 1.143 and I want 1.158. I downloaded the patch.....so what do i do now?

So I purchase M&B Warband off of steam for mac and I cannot seem to export my character. It says it was exported but there's no files for it. There's also not folder name CharExport as I've seen on some other websites. I have all of my hidden folders showing also. I just cannot figure out how to export my character. Please help!!!

I bought Mount & Blade Warband 2-3 years ago and used it with the Mac Port from Paul. Now that the game is available for Mac, how can I download the Mac version and use the same serial?

Im a mac user too! Does anyone know what key it is to speed up movement on the world map?? I use parallels.
Thnks! :grin:

ZyNfrix said:
So I purchase M&B Warband off of steam for mac and I cannot seem to export my character. It says it was exported but there's no files for it. There's also not folder name CharExport as I've seen on some other websites. I have all of my hidden folders showing also. I just cannot figure out how to export my character. Please help!!!

It's in the MBWarband folder in your Application Support. Go to finder, click Go (in toolbar), hold 'alt', then select Library that appears. Then Applications Support > MBWarband > Mount and Blade Warband Characters. Tada!  That's where your exported character files are.

yasonk said:
I bought Mount & Blade Warband 2-3 years ago and used it with the Mac Port from Paul. Now that the game is available for Mac, how can I download the Mac version and use the same serial?

I believe the key should still register with the Steam version, as said here. Now if you're asking about how to download it, if steam doesn't let you initially then I'm sorry I don't know.

freek said:
Im a mac user too! Does anyone know what key it is to speed up movement on the world map?? I use parallels.
Thnks! :grin:
You'll probably have a much better time with the game if you either use PaulTheTall's Warband (he has Napoleonic wars too), or purchasing it on Steam! They're both mac friendly and don't require a virtual machine.
Holding ctrl and spacebar together speeds up movement for me.

Back
Top Bottom