Mount and Blade II?

Users who are viewing this thread

darthdj31

Regular
I know there is literally nothing about Bannerlords at the moment, but just wondering, what's everyone's opinion at SOD?

Even in its current state it's my preferred way of playing Warband. Mind you, "its current state", I consider better than some of the other mods I have played. I am very curious what they're planning to do with Bannerlords. It's rather useless getting excited over a product I know nothing about, I'll withhold judgement until some information of their project is shared with us.

Is this a topic about Bannerlords or Sod?  :grin:

My thoughts of Bannerlord are undecided. I found a very small amount of Alpha footage of the game on Youtube, but it does look better, and i'm guessing they will enhance the combat since that is half of the game, and they better make the whole "Relation" system be more useful. In Warband I just became friends with whoever was in the family of who I wanted to marry.

My thoughts on SoD: W are easy to write, it's one of, if not the best mods out there. It may not be at the point where I can safely say that, but it's certainly the most ambitious mod.

I think what OP is asking is if y'all are planning to port SoD over to Bannerlords when you are able to get access to it's modding toolset.
Just trying to clarify for everyone, it's a topic about both :razz:

well, it has been spoken about in the broadest terms, but it is really too early to say, a lot of things will have to be considered, what is the 2 code like, what are the graphics files like, will it basically be an entirely new mod that would need to be made, would graphics have to be redone from scratch, would a new coding language have to be learned etc etc etc.

At this point it is impossible to say, and as we all get older lives get busier. I have joked with computica in the past about a SoD 3, but of course for there to be a 3 there must first be a 2.

So...who really knows at the end of the day

I know that MnB 2 has at the very least caught mine and computica's curiousity. But for now I would say SoD:W is a warband project.

LibSpit said:
well, it has been spoken about in the broadest terms, but it is really too early to say, a lot of things will have to be considered, what is the 2 code like, what are the graphics files like, will it basically be an entirely new mod that would need to be made, would graphics have to be redone from scratch, would a new coding language have to be learned etc etc etc.

At this point it is impossible to say, and as we all get older lives get busier. I have joked with computica in the past about a SoD 3, but of course for there to be a 3 there must first be a 2.

So...who really knows at the end of the day

I know that MnB 2 has at the very least caught mine and computica's curiousity. But for now I would say SoD:W is a warband project.

Suddenly, another, huger continent is found with angry natives and vast resources....

haha not quite, my personal thoughts were, Panovosa Vs Calradia Continent on continent Warfare with an Imperialistic, what if Steam punk vibe.

My thoughts were, what if we took all these factions into the Imperial/Renaissance/Industrial era, but the standard line infantry bang bang tactic adopted by most of the world, was not the overwhelming tactic....What would these factions look like in the age of Steam, Steel and Global Conquest

How would a Rhodok shield wall evolve to deal with bullets? Vast Steel Shields?

What would an Antarian Sword Master be like if he had access to hydraulically enhanced Plate Armour and a steam powered chainsaw? :razz:

Would the  khans still use powerful short bows? or would they become pistol whipping raider outriders?

Villianese with Pulley enhanced compound Long bows?

Rifle touting Marinian Merchant Marines riding the ways in steam powered trade vessels?

The Nordic Sea Wolves, how would their raiding life style adapt to musket armed peasant militia? Would they remain a dominant force of lightning raiding and Fierce Melee Brutality? What would they do with the throwing axe in an age of gunpowder and grenades?

And what of the Esteemed knights of Swadia and Aden? would they simply fade away like their real life counterparts? Or would some new technology or tactic see them reborn to remain the most devastating force on the battlefield?

Would the Sarannids become the dominant power with lightning fast skirmishes and the power of gunpowder?

Or would it be the mysterious Zerrikanians, versed in dark arts that would rise to enslave 2 continents in their Zealous Grasp?

Or would Vaegir Coal and Iron see them become the most powerful force in this brave new world? 

All these questions and more to be explored in Sword of Damocles 3: The Age of Steam and Steel

Or something like that HAHA :grin:

Lol that should be awesome, hopefully Mount and Blade 2 sets Calradia sometime before the 1700's, but the Napoleonic War DLC was a hit, but anyhow.

We'll see what MnB 2 will have to offer once it's out and mostly bug-free... and SOD Warlords still has so much to progress.

The scary thing is, I've already accumulated ideas for a potential SOD 3, and in some manners, LibSpit's steampunk nightmares weren't far from what I've thought up...

*ominous music*

From: http://www.squidoo.com/mount-and-blade-ii-bannerlord
Q: And what about the module system?
A: there won't be a module system anymore. It's going to be a lot more accessible, the whole structure of the game is being rewritten, tenths of times, for the modders to do whatever they please. We created a new game from scratches. What has started as a husband and wife project has expanded, as you know, and the new code began accumulating on top of the old code. It became a little clumsy, it is natural. Have you messed with the shader file, for example?

Q: I didn't have the courage. But I remember seeing the zombie texture around the folder, a few times.
A: exactly. Many things right now are hard coded, like animations, that can't be changed without the help of a developer. You won't have as many limitations in M&B 2.

Sounds like M&B 2 will have a lot to offer. Can't wait for SoD 3.

Please, PLEASE don't add more guns (if you make a SoD 3), I think right now there's enough guns for me to tolerate, but I can't stand staring at WF&S campaign too long. The pew pew with guns in multiplayer is cool like in Napoleonic wars, but I like my campaign with throwing axes and crossbows.

If - IF ! - we ever get to making SOD 3, wider inclusion of firearms is a logical necessity, the scale depending on how further we proceed in time. So if we only jump 20-30 years, that means guns are still scarce in general (unavaible to basic faction troops), but 100+ years is an entirely different tale, considering some off-map nations in the SOD universe already have matchlock or even flintlock muskets and cultural/technical exchange is bound to speed up between continents. Anyway, considering the time necessary to make a full-blown mod (Warlords is barely halfway done), we need not worry over such details right now.

On the other hand, there will be new guns introduced in later versions of SOD: Warlords, but accordingly to our gunpowder policy, the majority of them won't ever appear if you don't want to use them; this means that only random tavern mercenaries have them, and they are rare in shops too. In short: if you don't want it, don't use it. Period. Only a handful of 'unavoidable' enemies will use gunpowder weapons, and even them are mostly stuck on the level of hand-cannons.

MorrisB said:
On the other hand, there will be new guns introduced in later versions of SOD: Warlords, but accordingly to our gunpowder policy, the majority of them won't ever appear if you don't want to use them; this means that only random tavern mercenaries have them, and they are rare in shops too. In short: if you don't want it, don't use it. Period. Only a handful of 'unavoidable' enemies will use gunpowder weapons, and even them are mostly stuck on the level of hand-cannons.

Yay, avoidable guns!

MorrisB said:
If - IF ! - we ever get to making SOD 3, wider inclusion of firearms is a logical necessity, the scale depending on how further we proceed in time. So if we only jump 20-30 years, that means guns are still scarce in general (unavaible to basic faction troops), but 100+ years is an entirely different tale, considering some off-map nations in the SOD universe already have matchlock or even flintlock muskets and cultural/technical exchange is bound to speed up between continents. Anyway, considering the time necessary to make a full-blown mod (Warlords is barely halfway done), we need not worry over such details right now.

Why not make it a prequel & not have any firearms at all?

That would have more appeal for me.

Balla.  :cool:

A prequel would have much more limited opportunities; there would be a lot less weapons/armors/etc because they weren't in use at the time, not to mention many factions would have to be cut out: the SOD nations and the Calradians had minimal contact prior to the Invasion of Calradia, a lot of the mercenary factions were nowhere around yet, and Ponavosa was not discovered up until a few years before the start of SOD: Warlords. Sure, we could build up 'in-between' episodes, such as the Empire's conquest of the SOD nations prior to the Invasion of Calradia (from the Imperials' point of view) and whatnot, but these would be more trouble than they are worth, and would restrict the Player a lot if we enforced 'canon endings'. A prequel would be, in a lot of regards, taking a step backwards. A sequel, on the other hand...

I understand that there are quite a few players who dislike guns and prefer to stick to medieval warfare, but as I perceive it there are just as many who wouldn't mind taking pew-pew-ing a step further. In SOD: Warlords, there is a compromise - there are very few guns involved at all so long as you do not want to involve them.  I think it's a fair trade, as it pleases both parties of players, but in a potential sequel, this may no longer possess a logical basis. But as I stated, it's faaar tooo eeeaaarly to worry over this now.

darthdj31 said:
I thought there was small talk about a firearm off/on option?

Make no mistake, this is also in consideration. But the fact that you can effectively close out most guns from the game simply by not using them as weapons or hiring very specific mercs renders this option somewhat redundant.

SaintRouge said:
Morris takes guns seriously.  :shock:

Yeah, I suppose I do  :roll:  but only because logic dictates so in accordance to the storyline. I don't want to make major spoilers, though...

Back
Top Bottom