Mount And Blade II: The LoadingscreenLord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Holy effing crap. The loading screens have loading screens.

I play on an overclocked I7-9700k (4.6ghz OC), 32gb ddr4, 2070 Super, installed on a 1tb Samsung ssd and while they are pretty quick to load, the sheer amount of loading screen is just out of hand.

I got into multiple big fights with multiple lords. Each time it ends it goes through a loading screen when deciding if you want to let go or capture a lord. I mean just holy crap. I had a fight with 12 lords once and the 600+ vs 500+ fight took less time than it did for me to decide to release or capture the lords.

Whhhhhhhhhhhhy are there so many loading screens? I cant imagine you poor souls that dont have an SSD or a lower end rig. It must be an absolute chore to play this game right now.

That's rough with that rig of yours. I play on a not overclocked AMD Ryzen 3 1200 and 4Gb Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with 8Gb RAM. My system is installed on SSD but game is on 1Tb HDD. My loading screens are also longer than I expect, but definitely not as bad as you described.

That's rough with that rig of yours. I play on a not overclocked AMD Ryzen 3 1200 and 4Gb Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with 8Gb RAM. My system is installed on SSD but game is on 1Tb HDD. My loading screens are also longer than I expect, but definitely not as bad as you described.

No i mean they are fairly quick, there are just TONS of them.

Yea like viking conquest had this "scenic nice fancy village menu" turned that **** off immediately.

The quick fix should be to let the player turn off the "load in a completely new scene every time you talk to someone"-feature. Just let us do text only for people who have a bad pc or impatient

Can you stop complaining abotu every single problem? I knwo it's early access and theg ame has issues and we're supposed to give feedback, but holy **** you're one whiny *****

Ive posted 4(3 maybe) complaints and 1(2 maybe) bugs all of them being done with a humorous undertone.

Soooooooo never bring up anything is your stance? Got it.

Very surprised to see they kept this aspect from Warband, which was the source of a lot of crashes anyway. You'd think designing from the ground up you'd want to minimise the loading screens, but no we need load up a scene to speak to someone and challenge them, back to the world map, then load up another scene to attack. Surely some of this could be cut out?

Similarly with quests it's quite often - load scene to speak, load another scene after teleporting, leave, load another scene. etc. Just not very streamlined for gameplay. I would've thought the shortcut of having "talk" in the city menus would be a good excuse to cancel those scene loads entirely, whilst keeping them available for people who want immersion by actually entering the town/city.

It seems like the game will load the entire scene the character is in every time. I don't think that's necessary for the immersion and just having him in a normal textbox is fine.

Would prefer to have a world map UI to interact with characters too. Loading into a scene to talk to people is pretty jarring.

Back
Top Bottom