Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

sadnhappy

Grandmaster Knight
Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord has been revealed to the public.

How 'bout having the same kickass official server admins for the upcoming game? I think we did one helluva job back in the days, not only moderating the servers but being betatesters aswell. :cool:

sadnhappy said:
How 'bout having the same kickass official server admins for the upcoming game? I think we did one helluva job back in the days, not only moderating the servers but being betatesters aswell. :cool:

For sure. The Warband beta was the most successful in development terms of any I've been a part of, and I like to think the positive environment in the servers played a part in the feedback required for such success.

And who here doesn't want into the next beta? :lol:

I bought War of the Roses and it is pure ****.

Cannot wait for M&B: 2.

I would love to test and moderate the servers like the good ol' days. Who's needs to beta test when you can Alpha test? hint hint... Also, maybe I can come up with another game mode just like I did with the "Tactical Warfare" mode...

Edit: Considering they finally announced it, shouldn't they make a Forum section for us members to drool somewhere?...

:lol:

They should do events during the beta and livestream it. If enough viewers watch it gets to the top o fthe list and thus people will notice it.

Besides that, they should give beta-access to preorderers.

I think we all know who the best server admin was back then...

^ that's right. Admining during work. Now that I'm married and I can't work for a good 5 months I can be a super uber ban hammering admin for Bannerlord...

...oh wait that award goes to Orion.  :lol:

Just imagine all of the drama that would pop up if I were made an admin again. :roll: So many people since the end of beta have decided I'm an intolerable, elitist ******* with an inferiority complex (or something).

I'd like to see some of the irrational fearmongering posts that would be made, though.

We still need to hold the EU vs US admin event. :razz:
I propose we delay it till bannerlord. Of course we would all require Server Administration on Bannerlords to do so of course! :razz:

You can still count me on.
I recently played Napoleonic Wars again, and the will to be Admin again came back ! :smile:

I wonder if they have great improvements to he Admin side of things. I remember going through those txt documents like nothing haha

Built-in functionality for temp-bans, automatic kicks for teamkilling streaks (preferably within a modifiable set of time, and entirely optional of course), and PLEASE an alphabetically-sorted list of players, or at the very least the ability to type in a player's name and utilize some simple string comparisons to make it easier to use.

Seriously. The quality of a server is heavily dependent on how well it's governed, and the tools of those governing shouldn't be so limited this time around. We shouldn't have to download mods to get some basic functionality.

Orion said:
Built-in functionality for temp-bans, automatic kicks for teamkilling streaks (preferably within a modifiable set of time, and entirely optional of course), and PLEASE an alphabetically-sorted list of players, or at the very least the ability to type in a player's name and utilize some simple string comparisons to make it easier to use.

Seriously. The quality of a server is heavily dependent on how well it's governed, and the tools of those governing shouldn't be so limited this time around. We shouldn't have to download mods to get some basic functionality.

Agreed.

If a player TK's another player - Forgiven.
If a player TK's X amount of players in X amount of time - Kick with warning
If a players TK's 1 more time, ban for 30 minutes to an hour.

Also, for the teamkilling they can perhaps add the "fogive" option. I forget which game I saw that. If a player TK's accidently and says sorry, the other player presses "+" and no punishment is enforced.

Also, I agree with the alphabetically-sorted list of players, I remember it was a pain to find a player, esp on a heavy populated server when others are leaving and joining while you are trying to find him. I remember that I couldn't kick a player because I couldn't find him and he left on his own and changed names.

Try finding a player on a 200 player server. Even on NW that had a few improvements to administration options it was still quite difficult.

Maybe if an admin presses L for the log he can click on a player's name in the log and then have a drop down menu that allows him to do stuff?
That way you will always have the right person, can't really mis-click and it's super-fast.

MaHuD said:
Try finding a player on a 200 player server. Even on NW that had a few improvements to administration options it was still quite difficult.

Maybe if an admin presses L for the log he can click on a player's name in the log and then have a drop down menu that allows him to do stuff?
That way you will always have the right person, can't really mis-click and it's super-fast.

That could work, I'm wondering if they are able to split the log into 2 separate logs. One for chat and one for joining/leaving the server.

That reminds me. The ability to add players to a ban list after they've left the server from the game would be fantastic. It stores their ID in the logs, and if you could interact with the in-game log in the way Mahud described then you could ban a player after they've left the server through the in-game log. The server would search the logs for a reference to that player with an associated ID (in Warband their ID was printed whenever they joined or left the server IIRC).

Yeah that would be great aswell.
Plus, the ability to check a player's ID in-game or perhaps even leave notes for other admins on that ID could be great.
It's quite annoying how people can just change their name and start from a clean slate again.
edit;
Maybe we should make a nice list of suggestions and send it to Lust or so?
I don't think anyone actually reads this part of the forum. :razz:

Go for it. Or at the very least, PM somebody and ask them to check this thread again. :razz: I won't be sending a PM to Lust, though. It seems as though he disregards every suggestion I have merely because it's mine, and then berates me for being impossible to talk to. :roll:

Orion said:
Go for it. Or at the very least, PM somebody and ask them to check this thread again. :razz: I won't be sending a PM to Lust, though. It seems as though he disregards every suggestion I have merely because it's mine, and then berates me for being impossible to talk to. :roll:

haha oh Marnid, you're a trip.

I think we need to wait for a Bannerlord section in forums..

Back
Top Bottom