Mount and Blade Fire and Sword dead???

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well WFaS is dying if admins are constantly banning people from the servers. My friend got a ban from the siege server because he was more skilled than the admin.

Woyeyeh said:
Lemme rephrase that;

Well WFaS is dying if the admins are arrogant sore losers and keep banning people.

Not exactly what I would've said but that is the truth unfortunately.

WFaS is dying because of two reasons:

1: People believe it is.
2: Almost every single old WFaS player has left the game.

Seriously, no admins, moderators and no WFaS legends, actual people who could help the game, don't. They are all just lazy and they are the ones who should be blamed for the incoming death of the game.

Yes, WFaS does have a working community which is way better than Warband's community. I, a member of clans T_A_H and Lazarus in WFaS, am not able to play the game since 2 months almost and I've been checking out Warband Native since then. And what I've seen is just... just as if the whole game was full of zombies, people who are unable to communicate by any means other than trying to kick the ass of a WFaS legend and failing miserably, then raging about it. Yet I'm still connected to With Fire and Sword, since I'm an administrator of the game's only offically active international clan.

But anyway, WFaS is still alive, and if only some of those old players who left actually returned, it would be fluorishing again.

Those arrogant admins you guys are talking about... yeah, they do exist. Especially the admins of Sparta Siege and Westres Siege, BUT! Westres has got a new admin staff and Sparta ceased to exist. Happily. A few less abusive admins from the age of the "Deutscher WFaS Clanliga" would be good to have as well ( if those lads read this, they'll know I'm talking about them ).

We here still try to fight for the game nobody cares about, yet our voice can't reach the ears of the game devs. WFaS has always been "just another Warband mod". It came out before Napoleonic Wars as far as I know, yet NW has more visitors, players, discussions and topics than With Fire and Sword.

There is word about the ongoing organization of a grand siege event in WFaS. There's been one big siege event every single year, but this year all the old scene creators and server admins have mostly left the game, with only a few people with ability to talk sense into others, or talk at all, staying. So if this year's siege event goes as planned, we will have a small chance of getting some old people back.

Most WFaS players who are still "loyal" to the game, are trying to do everything for it to stay alive until the release of Bannerlord, which is considered only a "myth" among us. But if Bannerlord comes out, it won't save WFaS, it will just kill it entirely.

So that's a nutshell of the situation right now. It looks like a lost cause already, but it isn't. We can still do something here if we try.

I agree with a lot of what you said, Marth. Also, I haven't been playing WFAS for almost a year since I was playing Warband (because of the mods), but I started playing it again and it is great to be back. True, there are very few people I can remember from before, but it is still fun to go to the BladeNet when it has 30+ players. However, I think that voteable kick/ban poll should be removed since I have been voted for a kick many times and even actually kicked once for no reason whatsoever (probably my K/D was too badass  :cool: ).

Anyway, I hope I see you all in game!

-Shadow- said:

Check out the Dynamic Squads v2_6 Captain Coop Server.  I've been running it for close to a year now and it is heavily Server-Side modified to reflect gameplay similar to Full Invasion 2 for Warband without the massive download and as much crashing (sometimes WFAS crashes(pretty rare), but I've addressed it in-game as much as I could). 

Heres more info on the server modded features:

https://trello.com/b/0WCeomDy/daimyo-wfas-server-mod-board

If there is one game mode that keeps WFaS alive other than Siege, it's Captain co-op. It's really good that some people operate such servers, keep it up daimyo! :smile:

@ Andrix, good thing you're back, bro! I hope that when my game gets repaired, we'll meet ingame. :wink: Yeah, With Fire and Sword right now is mostly populated by newcomers and mid-veterans (I call them 5th and 6th generation for good laugh), the old community is 90 percent gone sadly.

Also most people who don't play WFaS every day, still take part in clanwars & trainwars here. Take for example the dead T_A_H: It has been declared inactive in last year, yet 15+ T_A_H and ex-T_A_H members are currently in the Lazarus clan, participating in at least one event per week. Clanwars and normal playing do differ a lot, and it's a really good feeling to be in a brotherhood.

Not spoiling anything, but we welcome anyone who's willing to join us :grin:

Andrix said:
How many "active" clans are out there? By active, I mean having at least 1 event weakly or so. X)

Well, there are some clans which assembled only to participate at the Polish league, like Barabe for example.

The only offically active international WFaS clan is Lazarus at the moment. By international I mean that it has players from more than 10 countries, the majority being Polish, French and German though.

The alive and active clans are DarkAlliance, PGC, de_Gothia, Nordic, Rokoszanin, AK, WS, GL, RS, ReborN, NoMercy and some others. According to the DzikiePola, it started with 13 clans participating in it.

CHoHu went kind of inactive as far as I know, TCU ceased to exist, T_A_H is dead and so is Avenger. And there's a new clan called Legendary, which was made 4 days ago. Also the Spartiat clan seems to be back.

So there are maybe a dozen active WFaS clans in total.

Marth The Gryphonhearted said:
Andrix said:
How many "active" clans are out there? By active, I mean having at least 1 event weakly or so. X)

Well, there are some clans which assembled only to participate at the Polish league, like Barabe for example.

The only offically active international WFaS clan is Lazarus at the moment. By international I mean that it has players from more than 10 countries, the majority being Polish, French and German though.

The alive and active clans are DarkAlliance, PGC, de_Gothia, Nordic, Rokoszanin, AK, WS, GL, RS, ReborN, NoMercy and some others. According to the DzikiePola, it started with 13 clans participating in it.

CHoHu went kind of inactive as far as I know, TCU ceased to exist, T_A_H is dead and so is Avenger. And there's a new clan called Legendary, which was made 4 days ago. Also the Spartiat clan seems to be back.

Least the EU's have something going. its official rip NA

Squeaks said:
Marth The Gryphonhearted said:
Andrix said:

Least the EU's have something going. its official rip NA

No thanks to the constant DDoSing :,][

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom